​Ghost Division Olympics - Talk

• Well my general feedback for this

Positive points:

- Maze & puzzle part, fun to do and with just a little bit of trial and error, everyone can do it, especially how short they were and the amount of time given.

Negative points:

- 3/5th of the event consists of parcour, wich, if you are lagging or are just not technically inclined to it, is just fodder to lose your mind over. We saw the same on the last event that had parcour and in the end parts of the parcour were skipped by checkpoints. Still the majority of the people could not complete it. I totally get that not everyone participating should be getting an asc bp, but gatekeeping it to a skill wich is impossible/extremely hard to learn if you do not have the inclination towards it, is just boring for the part of the community that cannot do it. Make a puzzle big enough but still with enough trial and error everyone will have a fair chance at it. This is not the case with Parcour. The zipline parts are doable over time for most people but i prefered to keep my mental sanity over doing it over and over again. Parts 1 & 5 however...

- In comparison, you take a LOT more time doing the 3 parcours parts over the maze and puzzle parts. I would've prefered to see it more balanced and have harder mazes and puzzles added to the mix

One final note, i will be giving Schmidi tons of smack for this event again but I, for one, would like to thank him just the same to build something this huge and awesome for the community. Hell, that goes for all of the admins. Please do not take my ranting as a disservice to what you all provide here as I love this server, community and every single staff member that sacrifices his own personal time to make this an even better place. This cannot be stressed enough!!!

Thank you for the great build Schmidi and thanks to the entire staff team to organize this. I love to hate you all for it ;-)

• I agree with pretty much everything Xarbero said but wanna add one thing. The reward system was really nice, even though I personally couldn't get to 400 :D I like how you guys made it so you only need to complete 4 out of 5 challenges for the best reward and completing all is more of a bonus. Of course with the first challenge being so hard that only one person (as far as I know) could complete it basically made it so we had to complete 4 out of 4 and ignore the first challenge. I hope you keep that kind of reward system.

Also Mschmidi, I told you I had a feeling the first challenge was a bait :P It ended up baiting people to spend multiple hours on that before moving on :D
    Thank you for your work though I will be hating on you for a week or two at least after being tortured at those parkours.

• I agree with pretty much everything Xarbero said but wanna add one thing. The reward system was really nice, even though I personally couldn't get to 400 :D I like how you guys made it so you only need to complete 4 out of 5 challenges for the best reward and completing all is more of a bonus. Of course with the first challenge being so hard that only one person (as far as I know) could complete it basically made it so we had to complete 4 out of 4 and ignore the first challenge. I hope you keep that kind of reward system.

Also Mschmidi, I told you I had a feeling the first challenge was a bait :P It ended up baiting people to spend multiple hours on that before moving on :D
    Thank you for your work though I will be hating on you for a week or two at least after being tortured at those parkours.

Oh, if the 1st challenge was bait I took the hook line and sinker ><

Spent almost 2h on it and tried the rest quickly before eating, because of the 1st challenge I got easilly frustraited with the rest, and barely tried the 5th challenge thinking it would be even harder than the 1st 😂

Didn't go back to it after Dinner, but now I regret not having tried the 5th challenge

And now that I write this I can't recall what one of the challenges were and might have missed one : 2 platform, 1 zipline, 1 maze, I think I accidentally skipped the parkour one, I hope I'll get another chance to try it

While I was quick to give up, I had fun while trying, It was a really well-made event

I'd just like to better understand why you sometimes bounce on the platform challenge and how zipline hitbox works for the next time ><

• Oh, if the 1st challenge was bait I took the hook line and sinker ><

Spent almost 2h on it and tried the rest quickly before eating, because of the 1st challenge I got easilly frustraited with the rest, and barely tried the 5th challenge

Exactly :D I spent 2-2.5h just on first challenge, since it was said to be the official starting point, before giving a try to the rest. And by that time I was quite frustrated. The easy challenges helped clam me down but once I was left with 1st and 5th, the frustration just ramped back up. Looking back, if I didn't waste so much time on 1st, I would be able to complete 5th. I came close to finishing it 4 times, just 3 walls under the finish line. Kept failing 1 jump. If I had maybe another hour of patience left, I could do it which was the most annoying part, knowing you can do it but being too frustrated and stressed to pull it off. It seems to get harder and harder at that point.

• Exactly :D I spent 2-2.5h just on first challenge, since it was said to be the official starting point, before giving a try to the rest. And by that time I was quite frustrated. The easy challenges helped clam me down but once I was left with 1st and 5th, the frustration just ramped back up. Looking back, if I didn't waste so much time on 1st, I would be able to complete 5th. I came close to finishing it 4 times, just 3 walls under the finish line. Kept failing 1 jump. If I had maybe another hour of patience left, I could do it which was the most annoying part, knowing you can do it but being too frustrated and stressed to pull it off. It seems to get harder and harder at that point.

:) It was a tough event with little hidden challanges.