[PVE] Defeat the Undefeatable Event Discussion

• Okay... as I understood the event we have to raid a base and we can choose the "setting" by choosing the defending "tribe".

We have to use our own tames. As written in the interview we are only allowed to bring our dinos. So no C4 or Rocketlaunchers.

I think the strength of us - the pve cluster - are our gigas, or what do you think?

Maybe we should choose some offensive tribe to fight?
    If the strength of the tribe are their tames and they attacking us as soon as we are in sight, it should be easier, because we can bring an massive amount of our gigas and shred them.
    If we choose a defensive tribe maybe we have to face an unreal amount of turrets and have to soak the base. And I don't think that everyone at the pve cluster have so many pvp dinos. And even if we bring some golems... if we don't bring enough we stand in front of the base and are helpless.

Maybe some pvp experienced guy take the lead, open up a discord channel and organize something?
    I don't have that much pvp experience, but if we just engage the base solo ... (everyone who knows Dani a bit will agree) ... we will just die.

• You get C4 and Rocketlauncher from the Oil Baron. He will provide all items you may need.

And as an oldschool PvP Player i can tell you for shure just gigas and Rexes will not work, cause both can be easly countered. i think a good mixture of Dinos is the way to win.

• how will groups be determined? Can we just choose who we play with? how big can the groups be? So we would get everything we ask for? :P a lot of questions i know :p

All players of the cluster will work together against 1 Tribe. Which tribe they face they can choose soon.

is that enough of an answer for you? :)

• I know in weekly Q & A was said no more extra channels in discord.

But wouldn't it be nice to have one for this, so we can discuss what tribe we wanna fight. Figure out who brings what dino to the fight. Get some strategies going.

Also can we request beforehand some item from the oil baron that we think we need?

Looks like this is gonna be another fun event :)

• This Forum post is meant for Duscussion and communication so i think you can do that here.

Tell us what items you may need, maybe the oil barons reads this post too.

• Santa's Wishlist:
    Fire Arrow

Binoculars

Cannon + vault of balls

Beers

Med Brews

Crossbows + ton of grapples

Whips

Also wouldn't mind a tek gen with some ele to run a bunch of sleeping pods.

As for preperation. I can bring some decent gigas, yuty and daeodon with capped saddles and rock golems (would love to have good saddles if someone has em)
    If someone has good carbonemys/turtles I can bring a crab to throw those around.

And once we get a date, Anyone up for helping me tame at least 1 titanosaur and maybe desert and ice titan?
    Might be nice to have those as a backup.

• You cannot bring any saddles, only dinos, but the baron will take care of all the items you need ;-) I am unsure if Titan(o) upload is activated on PvE, but I can check it later

Eagerly waiting the outcome of that :)

And thanks for the saddle info!

Also for the voting on which tribe we fight. I voted BeachBobys.
    Just like the description a lot, bit of both on defending and attacking. And who doesn't want to fight the strongest creature in the ark. (Dodorex?)

• OK, so let's get technical here. We had a talk with the Oil Baron, too, and he explained everything to us. At first we were strictly against such an aggressive event in a PvE Cluster, but then he crafted a Note and wrote some numbers down that were really convincing... We put up a plan together and came to an agreement that should suit all of us:

• We will add the target tribes home map to the Event Server. Any item transfer between the Cluster and the Event Server will be disabled, you need to travel naked. Dino uploads will be activated in both directions though, so you can bring your dinos back home or get new ones.
    • Dani will be your leader in this fight. He will coordinate the preparations and the attack. He will also create a tribe, declare war to your target tribe and invite everyone to an alliance.
    • You will be able to teleport to the Oil Baron Shopping Mall. This should be your first destination after joining the server. Create a tribe, invite those players you want to share your dinos with and get invited by Dani into the War-Alliance. After that you will have access to the shopping mall providing you with transmitters and reward vaults to get enough stuff for your fight.
    • Make sure to only share tribes with thos eplayers you know and trust as everyone in your tribe could upload your dinos. We will not take any action if this happens as you shared the tribe with that person and it is a tribe intern matter.
    • Every item in the reward vault will be capped, the costs will be added to the Oil Barons account. There will be different kind of weapons, armor, saddles, soups, structures, ammo at your disposal.

Make sure to prepare for a heavy fight, you might outnumber the enemy, but they will throw everything they got at you!

• Hmmmm very interesting info.

This is gonna be one helluva fight.

Too bad its transfer off as well. Can't just unclaim dinos for other that wanna fight

If people wanna join but don't have dinos they have spare, please post here and me and maybe other can bring some extras.

Also might need 3 astrocetus gunners. Not sure if anybody is up for that?

• If people wanna join but don't have dinos they have spare, please post here and me and maybe other can bring some extras.

Those are both great ideas! I can spare some dino's for those people too!

• We got some 40HP astrocetuses we can clone, can't use the saddle yet though :(. Might be able to do beta before the event if we can find enough people ^^,

Edited once, last by Pietertje ().

• Hmmmm very interesting info.

This is gonna be one helluva fight.

Too bad its transfer off as well. Can't just unclaim dinos for other that wanna fight

If people wanna join but don't have dinos they have spare, please post here and me and maybe other can bring some extras.

I have some (18) tek rexes that are newly raised that I wouldn't mind giving out. I'd be more than willing to be one of your gunners Theooo, that sounds awesome!