Posts by Kboty

that's their fault and people should do this at their own risk like anything else in ark, I don't really see that as reason enough for removing the option to have it at all since people can put their souls in any other storage placed on saddle or raft...

on other hand an upside of having it is it preserves some items like eggs as good as fridge without having to put down an old generator (since tek gen is disable), powering it with gas, placing a cable, and then placing an electrical outlet so you can have a refrigerator powered on a skiff

Hey, can we at least have soul terminal allowed on platform saddles? quote from lethal (author of Dino Storage mod) : "Newborn auto trapping doesn't work on mobile bases, like saddle platforms and rafts. This is because newborns are unclaimed and have no team/ownership. The last thing I would want is to allow someone to clip a mobile base into the side of an enemy base in an effort to steal their babies."

that is for servers that have NAT, we don't have that enabled at all. unless there were other reasons for why terminal is disabled on platform saddles

I have experienced this on other server and strongly disagree with adding it for 2 major reasons:

1_ whenever someones use mindwipe and goes from level 1 to 100, all the auto engram learning causes massive server side lag that is felt by everyone

2_ engrams for some reason cause your character to get heavier or something, having too many engrams is like having too many items or too many dino souls and can cause you to get disconnected with that "outgoing buffer overflow" error whenever you transfer between servers. even without the CKFR mod with just vanilla and SS I had that problem so I only learn engrams that I absolutely need, can't imagine the nightmare of knowing all those CKFR engrams too

(also the server lag in point 1 was with just the SS mod too, add learning the CKFR engrams on top of it and maybe it could crash the server if like 2-3 people decide to do it at the same time lmao)

yea whatever I just wanted to see reward vault alive again, arcbars are mainly used for the trading atm which is bad because:

-if they have no use other than trading they lose value

-many people don't accept arcbars anymore and want only ghost coins

-some people have too many arcbars and started trading 30% more arcbars for ghost coins (130 arcbar for 100 ghost coins instead of 100 for 100 admins offer via ticket)

-if there is no mechanic to take the arcbars out (no interesting offers in the vault) it just keeps on losing value

anyway here is the thread for reward vault change:

Reward Vault: Missing dinos and suggested additions.

there was an update to reward vault in the past adding the missing items to it in the PvP cluster (before it died) I thought maybe they could add this item to reward vault with other missing items and no I didn't know Gunnsen is very busy atm. it just felt like copy and pasting some code to me (from the old files of pvp server) and then I saw Dani making changes in the event server and it didn't even require a server restart to add or remove items from reward vault.

just my opinion sry if it offended anyone ^^

Maybe instead of adding another mod it could be implemented into reward vault? either this or the brainwash stew (Brainwash Stew is a Mindwipe that retains Engrams) or any of the other similar solutions.

Id love to see this, however a ss teleporter would teleport the platform tame aswell, which in my opinion is a bad thing.

SS teleporter placed on skiff doesn't teleport the skiff itself when used, you can try this in single player

Hey, idk why this engram was disabled as it just cooks meat and crafts jerky. reasons why I think it's not OP anymore:

it's really slow at making jerky (takes 15 seconds for 1 jerky)

our preserving bins are really fast (20x normal speed)

high crafting cost (king titan trophy)

and if it's the instant cooking meat that's too OP I think it's same as jerky problem we had that lead to 20x speed bins, people will just use 100 normal grills, and I don't think cooking meat is OP anyway

i like the idea. Mostly because when you declare war your allys are also fighting which can cause problems later on.

this sounds very scary, I hope we get a pvp server so they can disable declare war on pve server, so much potential for griefing if all your allies can take pvp damage all of a sudden

Hey, merry Christmas everyone! last night wildcard announced this:

Is it possible to have this enabled?

you mean the gun ability to soul dinos without claim?

(edit: or do you mean like someone might take some tames really close to your base and unclaim them there to clog your terminals?)

idk if this was the problem a year ago but terminal on platform saddles can't auto trap babies: "Newborn auto trapping doesn't work on mobile bases, like saddle platforms and rafts. This is because newborns are unclaimed and have no team/ownership. The last thing I would want is to allow someone to clip a mobile base into the side of an enemy base in an effort to steal their babies."

also we have a 1k soul per tribe rule now so this probably doesn't affect save files now

the only problem is the first person to release soul becoming imprinter, I assume?

Hey, there is a behavior setting that makes dinos Ignore group whistles but it's not saved in souls atm, currently you have to change this option each time you take dino out of soul, this can be changed by adding this line of code to the settings of dino storage v2:

KeepIgnoreWhistleStatus=True

this could be helpful qol improvement for dinos that you want to ignore group whistles, like light pets that you want to stay on "passive flee" setting for example

thx, have a good day