Posts by ExoRipper

2. Ask ExoRipper or Luke if he will do another run. If I understood this correctly they are selling spots.

I don't sell the fight, Luke did. I was simply another participant, we had a couple spots left, and I had Luke's permission to advertize it to fill those spots. And as far as I know, he's not selling another one soon. I'm not selling one either cause I have no alpha basilisk fangs, unfortunately.

If you simply want a fight to unlock the tek chestpiece though, I can help with that. Discord is ExoRipper#1093, we can talk details over there.

Your best bet for getting the productions you want are to breed. Get like 30 gacha females and breed them as often as you can. I guarantee you'll have more black pearl, crystal, metal, oil, etc, gachas in a couple weeks than you'll know what to do with. Element dust ones will be tricky to get though.

Luke is selling both alpha tek cave on island and alpha rockwell, tek cave happens tomorrow and rockwell this sunday. 50 GC per person for each fight, and we're 6 people for tek cave atm. You can bring your own dinos and equipment if you want to, but he provides his own if you don't.

His discord is LukeTheJuke24#4670 for more details.

I've since taken to using the s+ personal teleporter to farm. I go to where I want to farm, place a beacon, teleport back to base, and teleport my dinos to the beacon in the mission area. For taking the resources back, I throw them on the ground and pick them up with a whip. Then I teleport myself back to base but leave my tames there. After I leave the metal in the forges and the other resources in storage, I teleport back to the beacon and continue farming. This works even better with at least one other person. They farm while I'm gone, and by the time I'm back I have another batch of resources to teleport back with.

But although this method works VERY well, I'm aware not everyone can do it. Not everyone has the necessary tek engrams or tek equipment to pull it off. Still, I urge you to go on another map in the cluster and do the bosses there for the teleporter tek engram. It will be very worth it.

I am supporting this as it's exactly like Exo wrote: It feels like a punishment to get new dlc when this means to lose levels on my char. I own Genesis but I don't play it actually as there are no transfers (yet). Using Mindwipe i was loosing levels I had before. So I am now lvl 200 coming from 220. Reverse progress :(

Looking forward to an official answer as I don't see any impact on crafting bonuses as they are capped anyway afaik.

Edit: just saw Gunnsens reply. Doesn't change my opinion but taking note of it.

Crafting is impacted in the way that, since you have a higher level, you can get a bigger crafting bonus. I don't know if the crafting bonus is capped or not, but I've not seen items reach a bonus higher than 110%. So if there's a cap there, adding more player levels shouldn't affect crafting. If there isn't, and you can get higher bonuses, then yeah more levels will mean a higher crafting bonus.

But yeah, Wildcard basically punished players for buying the DLC (and even punished those who don't own it). As if playing ARK isn't punishment enough xD

The situation might be different on official servers, maybe they get the extra levels there, but here it is as it is.

All of that being said, I think that not increasing the max level is the right decision if crafting bonuses are not capped. But a lot more testing would be needed to tell either way, and I understand that the admin team doesn't have time for that right now. A lot of stuff could be affected, with the server having a custom EXP curve (at least I think it does) and custom engram points gained when leveling.

With the introduction of the new genesis ascencion, some players have lost 15 levels off their max already. And with genesis part 2 coming this winter, with another possible ascencion, we stand to possibly lose 15 more. This makes the new DLCs feel more like a punishment than exciting new content to explore, and it makes those of us who haven't mindwiped afraid to do so because our level cap will be knocked lower. I'm personally at 216 from 221, and it was caused by the chibis for me personally. So losing 15 more levels will put me at 201, and an additional 15 when genesis part 2 comes will put me at 186.

So I propose raising the player max level. The 220 we had without ascencions was very good in my opinion, not too high not too low.

Some reasons this might be a good idea:

•Many people can't afford a crafting alt, or let alone buying the necessary DLCs on an alt to ascend them. So they play on only one account, and have to mindwipe frequently for crafts and whatnot.

•Most people don't even play on genesis, either because they can't afford it or don't have the time.

•PVE is meant to be a more casual experience, so most people can't even do or want to do the ascencions.

•For those that DO buy the DLCs, and DO get the new ascencions, they'll be rewarded with a higher level rather than having to retake levels they previously had.

This is just my opinion though. Feel free to add to it, or contradict it. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe this wouldn't work, I simply don't know.

Ye I lost 5 levels too when chibis were implemented. Haven't mindwiped since to not lose more.

Guess I gotta get off my bum and do those ascensions, but I dread them tbh.

Yes. It works after teleporting. We didn't use 100 elements yet so it's hard to say.

Well on genesis you can get 220+ ele in 20 minutes if there are not so many players online so it's not that expensive. Skiff + magma is also a great combo... we farmed 65k stone in 10-15 minutes recently.

I didn't mean to say that it's a headache to maintain element wise. That's easy enough to get. But the whole process of making it work seems like a headache. What if it runs out on me while I'm farming, and I have to wait a full day until the next restart to refuel it? Plus I can't always be online for the restart either.

My method of choice for farming right now is to go out with a tribemate, two magmasaurs, and two gasbags with nothing but weight. Fill the gasbags up, empty them on the ground, grab everything with a whip, and teleport back to base with a personal teleporter to unload. Got like 200k stone like this in 20 minutes, plus about 20k raw metal, 5k crystal, and 10k obsidian. But I'm farming on the arctic mountain, I'm sure I can get a lot more metal in the volcano.

if it's on an event server, then it would probably be better to have Admins + few randomly selected players defending the base. Making the raid harder and enjoyable on both sides.

Maybe recruit some players from the PVP side? Or players that play on both? I for one suck at PVP, I'll admit it, and I'd hate it for them to randomly pick PVE players and end up with people like me xD

OR

Cluster Crash. Put the PVP players on the defense, the PVE players on the offense, and whichever cluster wins gets a cluster-wide prize. Events or something, idk.

If you do this, does the skiff still work after teleporting? Also do you need to do this again when your element runs out, or can you refuel it just fine after you've done it once? I wanna get a skiff too, but atm I don't have resources to spare for something that would be too big of a headache to maintain.

Here's some ideas on how this could work loot-wise. Have a huge base, turrets, dinos, etc, plus the admins defending it. Inside, there's only rooms with vaults and stuff, and you have to get in, break them, and run out with the loot inside them. The deeper inside the base you get, the better the loot.

Would it be hectic? Chaotic? Would people profit by letting others fight and enter for the loot themselves? For sure. Would it be fun? In my opinion, yes. Just host this on the event server, and make it a free for all, like actual PVP is.

All of that being said, I know that this would be hard to pull off with the admin team having their hands full with maintanance and stuff. This is just my suggestion, if it doesn't happen I'm still VERY greatful for this amazing cluster.

I second this. My tribemate and I will soon enter the tek tier too, and the autocrafter is a must the moment you start gathering resources on an industrial scale.

There are several setting in Dino Storage Mod for Soul Releases. I am currently testing, which setup is correct for Genesis and if I find one I will bring this to the team. We already had a discussion about this but decided to do the tests before we have any further discussions.

Okay.

Thing is, I wouldn't care much about this otherwise (I was against cheesing caves with cryos before), but the most resource-dense areas I found are in mission areas. That means I have to teleport, farm until I fill my weight dinos, teleport back to base, and teleport back after I drop off the resources. But when I come back for another round of farming, I can't just throw my dinos where I left off, I have to throw them outside the mission area and lead them back. And with no fliers that's very slow, I spend more time taking them to and from the resource areas than I spend on the actual farming.

Anyway, I trust that you guys will do what's best for the cluster. If that will mean no cave release on Genesis, I'll be okay with it.

As far as I know, there's no artifact or drop caves in Genesis. But the mission areas count as caves, and they cover half the damn map. Couple that with no fliers, and it's super annoying. So could it be possible to enable dino release in caves for Genesis?

If not, or if there's artifacts and exploits, then I understand.

Well now we know how to obtain blueprints for bether saddles to beat the alpha hunts/bosses.

so genesis is a rly fun challange and some grind! I still hope transfer to genesis will never be enabled :D

How? I wanna know too, I desperately need some BPs.

Fifth option: cluster wipe and no tranfers except for characters. OP element and items from Extinction and Genesis stay contained, and prices for dinos and tek stuff on other maps goes up. On maps like Rag, where metal is rare, it'll become a viable currency again. Harder for big traders to hog the market across the entire cluster, easier for smaller traders to get a foothold if they focus on only a map or two. Plus no random small bases everywhere, if you want to settle on a new map you have to start from scratch and actually build the infrastructure and do the taming required.

Or just leave things as they are, because they're good. ARK changes with each DLC, the game and meta evolve constantly, and fighting that is pointless or outright harmful.