Posts by ThePassionateGamer

Hi Gov,

I'd like to buy one female on Aberration (same base as Tyron):

- Ravager blu+whi born 235 - 41 hp 28 sta 36 weight 36 dmg (0/20) = 50 GC ea

And another thing...I hope you did not get me wrong with my last post considering the Tek cave run. It really came across to me as a call for teaming up rather then your second post under the market place wich sounded more like a service you pay for which is fine. Sorry for the missunderstanding there. ;)

Contact me on Discord please when you are able to deliver the Ravager.

Thx.

I don't wanna come across too rude but, how does "but we lack people" work with "A donation of 30 ghost coins per person is required."?

I mean you either buy yourself a place and get a comfortable place in the 2nd row while you and your mates pull the ones that paid through the fight or you ask people for help, they bring a decent tame and a decent gun with enough ammo and everything else needed for the Tek Cave but then you don't pay for coming along.

I would join you I think but I don't like that I have to pay you to help you out. We can talk about bringing a part of the tributes required in addition to a decent rex + saddle plus the rest of the needed stuff. But Ghostcoins? I dunno...seems too much for the amount you still ask from the people that join you.

Let me know if my tribemate and I can pay you with a part of the needed tributes and you may count two good players in. I sure will ask if my tribemate rather wants to spend GC for it but I doubt it.

Ingame Name: ThePassionateGamer

Tribe: Arkaholics Anonymous

Base Location: 38.9/14.9

Reward Request: One Max. Level Phoenix please + perfect tame

Hi,

if possible contact me on Discord and then we can meet at the base. If that is not possible or I don't have the time to come there, just put it somewhere on passiv please.

Thank you.

I can see the use in this too. But I would even go so far as to limit it to a onetime use but make it craftable and not a GC reward because if you limit it to a one time use it really only is useable as an error correction thing and that should not cost you GC imo.

Though I don't speak for the Team of GD I can put my 2 Cents up here. I think the decision was made because Ragnarok was at it's 5k limit for weeks and it started to show in the community. Players complained daily about the limit and how it effected new and old players alike.

Lowering the tame limit was the next logical step after the mod was installed. So that everybody suddenly was forced to consider which tames really needed to be out in the open and which did not. If they had not lowered it we would maybe still be closer to or at the limit now. Yes I just speculate here but people are lazy you know that...

So now at least Ragnarok is below the limit again...not like cut in half but at least playable for all again. So I say...good decision.

yeah, after hearing everyone's responses I agree as well that this is a good solution for the long-term. Player (including one in my own tribe who will remain nameless lol) will need to adjust to it. But luckily the dino storage mod adss new conveniences to bringing dinos around that didn't exist before.
    I think the only thing I am sad about now is that we spent all that time building such large pens for our dinos, and now because of the new dino storage mod and tribe limit, they are mostly empty now. What a waste hahaha

Right, I forgot the Tek Generator. They got added now to the voting rewards though..still you need to be able to farm some element to power them or maybe buy some over the forum-marketplace or the AH if someone is willing to sell. I got the same problem...we build a nice barn like stable for our tames and now it is kinda empty...I gotta shift some tames around though, that those I keep outside now occupy the building, then it has a purpose again. ;)

As for Kibble-Tames. The Vivarium got changed to 500 metal ingots crafting costs if I read the news right. 500 metal ingots are not really hard to get. So there is your free space your Kibble-Tames took up.

As for the rest...you will need a few farming tames which can be stored when not in use as can the personal tames like #WyvernFromTheBoss or anything fancy someone likes to have as a personal tame.

You can set internal rules how many tames each member may be allowed to keep "outside" of the storage. But what do you need even with 10 players in the tribe that you need more then 50 tames at the same time? Bossfights take 20 tames max. so still 30 slots left for other tames at the same time. Breeding can only be done what, twice per day or so and then you can store them again because the mating timer still counts down even when stored. You could even breed a hell lot of tames at the same time on the same server if you switch out the tames for mating eacht time. Sure more work, but can be done.

There are very few things that "need" to stay outside to work. Snails, Dung Beetles and Ovis maybe (if you need tons of wool) or maybe a Kairuku farm for bio-polymer but you don't need too much of those out to have it work. And even if you do you could declare on server as your ressource farm and use almost all 50 slots there for the above mentioned tames and just transfer the resources via obi or tek transmitter. There are plenty of ways to get around with 50 tames out at the same time. Just adapt a little and enjoy the greater server performance coupled with more satisfied new players because they can finaly tame again.

Hi,

can I please get the following as my voting reward?

Playername: ThePassionateGamer

Tribe: Arkaholics Anonymous

Server: The Island PVE

Base @ LAT/LNG: 39.4 \ 14.8

Reward: 1x Ice Wyvern max Level + Perfect Tame + 100% Imprint on (ThePassionateGamer) for 350 GC

Could you please name it [TPG], set it on passive and hitch it next to the Kairuku's? That would be great. Thank you!

A tiny word from me:

I would like to apologize to everyone who ever felt that i was abusing my rights or do anything to harm the community on purpose.

I received some feedback that made me quit the team, so I only want to clear it up that most of my desicions, especially bans, were consulted and approved by a server owner. I was spending my entire free time on supporting and doing my best to help the GD project, to bring you help when you needed it and to make sure that players are following the server rules. Alas, my social/ communication skills aren't to be proud of, which could sometimes lead to confusion and i am aware of that. Of course only someone who does nothing makes no mistakes, and for the ones i made - i'm very sorry.

It was a great honor to be part of the team and i wish you all the best.

Thx for your honest and kind words here and all the time you dedicated to the project. I hope we will still see you around on the servers.

The problem with sponsors is, that they are hard to find...especially for ingame promoting and I think GD does not want to get involved with advertisment. At least I never saw a single add ever on their website, discord or anywhere on their servers.

Thx for considering my suggestion...of course I don't want GD to turn into a money making thing. If by this method we/you would archive X € more each month then we need you could try to add another server to the cluster or maybe a stand-alone server that diverts from the main cluster to offer more mods or other rates without endangering the cluster. There a several ways in which to spend money for the players IF they pay more then we currently need.

ThePassionateGamer

Be aware that selling ingame-stuff of a game you don't own is prohibited. While other servers offer those, doesn't make it any more legal. Shadowing it by calling it "Donations" and giving the players "Gifts" as reward for it doesn't really change that.

The subscription you suggested can be done by using e.g. Patreon.

As Gunnsen said the legal problems of "selling" ingame items are not the problem. And yes I tought about Patreon too as a legal way of implementing those subscriptions. That is a platform for payments to creative people like YouTubers and so on. So providing the technical basis to give us the creative freedom to play on the cluster and do as we wish (inside your set of rules of course) would be possible I think. I did not yet read their legal stuff so I don't know for sure if it is legal to use in Germany.

Thanks alot for the effort you all put into this. I sincerly hope we can save the community and don't have to hope each month that we reach the donations limit to keep the cluster running. Some kind of "security" mechanism or concept would be nice to help ensure that the server keeps running.

What about a small scale subscription thing maybe? Something that you can subscribe and unsubscribe on a monthly basis. You as a player can choose to support with varying levels of support depending on your monthly contribution to the cost. Basis level could be 5€/month med level could be 10€/month and high level 15€/month. That would be way more predictable then the "donate whichever sum you want"-system we got right now.

I know this next suggestion is gonna stir up some debate but you should consider to reward players that choose to enter the montly subscription system with Ghost coins depening on the level they choose to support the community. I know I know this is partly a "pay-to-win" thing then, BUT that way you can be sure that you get your monthly cost covered. That would be way more interesting then "just" the donator tag and colour for a "subscriber".

If that is considered too unfair you could reward them with a second currency with it's own reward list. Maybe exchange able into ingame resources? "Become supporter have less grind."- A bit cheesy but I could work. It's not totally fair but you can't expect people to pay just out of the goodness of their hearts. Some will do but I doubt that enough will do it over a longer period of time without some kind of advantage over a non paying player. At first sure cause now the topic is hot and fresh but I don't believe that you can keep the server costs covered with the current system. And all the non paying players could still enjoy the community and the financial security this system can offer. Sure you have to check some legal issues to establish such a system but I think it could be worth it.

Colonel you would not be breaking the server rules. Dino's in the vivarium essentially "do not exist" on the server. It is like you transferred them off to another server. As per the developer:

So I would say you would in no way be breaking the rules. If however your vivarium gets destroyed and the dino's spawn into the world you could then be in violation of the rules. Also not sure how this works regarding Ragnarok and the tame limit. Like if a Vivarium is destoyed at tame limit do the DIno's spawn anyways and push us above and beyond the tame limit? Do they simply not have room to spawn back into the world and are destoryed? Unclear and I have no way to test myself.

That is all very theoretical...the question is how or what could destroy a Vivarium in the first place. I mean this is no PVP server and we hadn't had any grievers pull wild Titanos or Gigas to other players bases for a long time (at least afaik). Even if they do, they gotta take alot effort to pull the wild dino to the Vivarium, depending on how you build your base of course.

Lets just say it gets destroyed anyway, I saw several times, that the tame limit was over the 5k cap. Once I saw it with 5011 tames. So my best guess would be, when your Vivarium get's destroyed and you got your 10 tames (max tame count you can store per structure) spawned in the world, they just add upon the limit again until you rebulid and re-store them in a new Vivarium. But I guess since we got ourselfs the upcoming changes regarding the tame limit the Vivarium won't be that much of an influence on the tame limit.

Im totally with you on this! In addition there could by ressource packs as a voting reward. Ingame prices are mostly ingots or crystal. If you could buy (just as an example) 1k crystal for 50 GC this would help to stabilize the ingame prices. Haven't thought it through yet, so there may be more cons than pros...

That has to be balanced wisely though because your example would be way too expensive GC wise. You would need to vote for 6 days before you have enough GC for 1k Crystal? If you have Crystal close enough to your base you can farm them probably in less time it takes to do those 6x3 votes or 5x3 and 1x1 vote to be precise. ;)

And yes that was meant more then a joke. I know that the time it takes to vote should not be compared that way. But seriously I think 50 GC for 1k Crystal is way off. To find a decent balance there is gonna be a pita.