Posts by Kat

What is a taming event?

- Wild dino scan is enabled: you can see locations of max level wild dinos using N+ Transmitters and omni tools,
    - Taming speed will be increased to x5 (from x3)

- During the event we get daily wild dino wipes (2:00 GMT (night)).

* This event can be purchased by the community as a Voting reward. Learn more about voting rewards here: Voting Rewards

When will it take place?

Suggested date is February 3-5; if we don't collect enough GC by then, we'll make a poll among contributors to determine new date.

Events start around the time of daily restart on Friday and end at the same time on Monday (11:00 GMT)

Can we pay with ARc bars?

No, GC only!

How do I donate my GC?

Just make a comment declaring how many GC you want to spend on the event. The event is available for all players, not only for contributors.

How much should I donate?

Anything you want! Every single GC means support for this event

Goal: 1000/1000

Kat 50

Hefty 950

What is a farming event?

- Harvesting on all maps will be doubled (Gen2: x2, other maps x4)

- Stryders are enabled during the event - can't be soultrapped and brought to other maps, and will be removed on Monday.

* This event can be purchased by the community as a Voting reward. Learn more about voting rewards here: Voting Rewards

When will it take place?

Suggested date is January 27-29; if we don't collect enough GC by then, we'll make a poll among contributors to determine new date.

Events start around the time of daily restart on Friday and end at the same time on Monday (11:00 GMT)

No, GC only!

How do I donate my GC?

Just make a comment declaring how many GC you want to spend on the event. The event is available for all players, not only for contributors.

Anything you want! Every single GC means support for this event

Kat 56

Duncan 364

Callie 100

Brosaurous 100

Seiranel 50

[Hun]MatKo 30

StaX 50

Naneus 50

Explorer Joe 100

epicondylus 100

What is a breeding event?

- Incubation and maturation time is halved for the weekend. Babies grow twice as fast as normal and receive double bonus per cuddle.

Please plan your breeding ahead, as small dinos may not be possible to be imprinted during the event. That is also true with dinos born before the event started, their imprint bonus-interval ratio may be incorrect.

When will it take place?

- Suggested date is January 13-15. If we dont collect enough GC by then, we'll make a poll to determine new date.

Events start around the time of daily restart on Friday and end at the same time on Monday (midday, middle-europe time).

- No, GC only!

How do I donate my GC?

- Just make a comment declaring how many GC you want to spend on the event. The event is available for all players, not only for contributors.

- Anything you want! Every single GC means support for this event :igelballoon:

Kat 50

Oida 100

punkrophero 150

StaX 100

Harry*[]*Baals 50

[Hun]MatKo 50

Seiranel 100

Javi 100

Melekouras 50

Cosette 50

Explorer Joe 75

Naneus 125

Removing cave volume from that place would require editing the map itself.

Our settings disable releasing dinos in all caves as per server concept which you can read here: https://the-ghost-division.com/info_concept/

It's a setting of Dino storage and the mod detects cave values set by game developers. Certain areas, such as obelisks or said cave entrance, are marked as caves as well - that's to help prevent building in these places and the only way to "fix it" is enabling soul release in caves.

People were running tek cave long before souls or cryos even existed and it's totally doable. You can use a daeodon to heal the dinos that took damage from lava on the way to cave entrance; or use one of many other strategies that don't require using rexes at all. We have a lot of solo players, but the purpose of playing on a public server is teaming up - if not joining a tribe, then at least joining alliances for bossfights and such. Running tek cave alone, with a bunch of rexes, would cause huge losses on your side as you wont be able to control them that well. Walking rexes through the cave is much worse than getting them through the entrance, which you already failed to do.

This is super spyglass plus, a rework of super spyglass. And noone cares about oxy and food anyway, you can just switch columns in your stats spreadsheet.

And iirc super spyglass was causing server issues and was heavily outdated.

We also changed from S+ to SS because it seemed better at the time, but then N+ appeared which was based on clean S+ and we switched to it then. Mods do upgrade.

I would like to ask the community what is your opinion regarding replacing our current spyglass mod: Awesome Spyglass.

While the mod is really well done, it's also outdated and doesn't support new creatures - if they require different taming methods, they are shown as non-tamable or wrong food is listed, which is confusing for everyone.

The new mod that I suggest adding is Super Spyglass Plus: https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=2594067220

It's a bit smaller than Awesome Spyglass but has all its features, supports all new creatures and is configurable, so it can work and look exactly as our current mod.

It offers four different ways to use it: a regular item that you equip like a weapon, a skin that is equipped on your helmet, a consumable that gives you the spyglass interface and a remote that switches it on/off when you use it.
    During several long minutes of testing i did not find any issues, but can't tell how it may impact server performance or stability - but in worst case we can always switch back to Awesome Spyglass.

Screens to illustrate what it does (left - Super Spyglass Plus, right - Awesome Spyglass):

"Needs to damage corpses of creatures you have killed" vs "Not tamable"

Shows sizes and amounts of fish required to tame vs shows wrong food.

Edit:

The mod has 2 types of interface to choose from, you may like more the other one:

Wild dino:

Tamed dino:

The size and colors of both UIs are configurable.

That's not something that can be controlled by the server. It would require using a mod that replaces water dinos, and 1) not sure if such exists, 2) we avoid adding dino remapping mods. Besides you can still level up movement speed for faster swimming.