Question from a noob

Our PvP rules changed with the wipe, please make sure to read them thoroughly.

Added: Tribe names have to be identical on all servers in the cluster.
Added: Each tribe can define one ORP location per server.

Changed: When logging out with active PvP-Cooldown the ORP-timer is 45 minutes
Changed: Ragnarok/Valguero: Building around the wyvern trench or in the wyvern cave is not permitted.

Removed: Teaming is forbidden in all raid activities.
Removed: Raid protection is only granted if your main base got raided.
  • I am brand-new to the server and very new to Ark, so take that into account when you answer.

Was there a recent update to the server that causes a lot of the dinos to glow now. I had not noticed so many glowing dinos in the evening as I did today. Is this some kind of special event or was I just not observant before?

What really got my attention was a bunch of glowing dinos just ran by and totally decimated my birds.

Trying to determine if this is something special going on or if I just need to be on guard against it all the time.

Thanks,

• Yes the patch did this. There are different kinds of glowing. I think pack dinos have them like wolves for example.

Then there is the new Yutyrannus. It's roar makes nearby dinos (3 carnos always spawn with it) glow and fight along side with it.

And there are the alpha dinos, but they were there before. If you have more questions, feel free to ask or contact me