Increased breeding/maturation/incubation rates

• Seeing the results of the event we had over the past week, I'd like to suggest keeping the increased breeding rate for the servers.
    I personally do not think having breeding x20 is that overpowered. The results I got from the entire event week were:
    --> x5 mutations (on desired stat) on my shadowmanes ( <20 mutations on both sides with around 45 females breeding for HP and 45 more breeding for Melee mutations)

--> x2 mutations (on desired stat) on my gigas (>20 mutations on one side with around 45 Females breeding for Melee mutations)
    (was checking for mutations every day)
    Which means that even with the x20 breeding event I would reach max stat on my breeders in about 40-50 weeks.

It is totally possible that is was an unlucky week for me, but with ARK 2 being released in 2023, increasing the rates breeding might be the only chance for some people to reach 254-255 stat on their dinos.
    I know this would be unfair to the people who already spent years breeding the high stats on theirs dinos (basically since the wipe) but lets have a discussion about it in this thread and see what comes out of it.

Cheers!

• "I don't think it is overpowered, I just got really overpowered stuff from it xD"

I vote against this for several reasons

• Way to easy to breed / imprint / mutate with 2-3 breedings per day and female
    • Not in line with the concept which is aiming for a long running cluster
    • will destroy market balance as op dinos are worthless
    • will weigh hard on server performance, especially with our automation options like hitchery, hatchery, auto trap etc.
    • will cause a lot of wiped bases due to uncontrolled breeding
  • Gunnsen

Added the Label In discussion
  • While I really enjoyed the increase this past week for the event, I also don't think that it should be permanent. I wouldn't cry if it was permanent, especially with Ark 2 looming, but I'd still prefer a bit of a challenge.

However, I do think that this paves the way to the discussion for other improvements towards breeding. Namely around the GC Purchased breeding event (and possibly all events.) I would personally like the see the purchased events not only be on the weekends, and feel that they would be better suited to a full week long event. Similar to what we just saw this past week.

Personally, I work all week, and then I'm off on the weekends. I usually try to go do other things outside of Ark on the weekends, and do most of my Ark playing during weeknights. So, I would rather see the events during the weekdays rather than the weekend. I also liked that gathering rates and exo points were increased on Gen2 (and the stryder not enabled). I would like it more if the purchasable gathering event would increase gathering on gen2, and have the stryder enabling be a separate event of some sort.

So, my recommendation would be to rework the purchasable GC events. I'd make most of them the full week instead of only a weekend, and maybe add some different ones. like I could see having a purchaseable event for ONLY enabling the stryder and Gachas, etc. I'd also like to see a mutation event, where we ONLY enable the N+ Mutator. I think that would be fun as a temporary event. I don't think temporarily enabling the mutator would be too overpowered, since you'd really only be able to get a few mutations out of it, what with baby growth time and such.

Edited once, last by Steak: I put S+ instead of N+ ().

• I think the rates are just fine but a little ease of use would go a long way. A slightly increased dino limit would help speed up mutations without directly affecting rates. I think with the release of fjordur 50 dinos per tribe was just fine but now the server has become a little quieter i dont think15-25 extra per tribe would be too detrimental to the cluster. In addition, i would suggest more than one soul terminal being able to auto pick up dinos. I really am unsure as to why this is limited to just one, it is a quality of life change and doesnt affect balance. No more than a teleporter that costs 1 thatch does anyway. :D

• I think the rates are just fine but a little ease of use would go a long way. A slightly increased dino limit would help speed up mutations without directly affecting rates. I think with the release of fjordur 50 dinos per tribe was just fine but now the server has become a little quieter i dont think15-25 extra per tribe would be too detrimental to the cluster. In addition, i would suggest more than one soul terminal being able to auto pick up dinos. I really am unsure as to why this is limited to just one, it is a quality of life change and doesnt affect balance. No more than a teleporter that costs 1 thatch does anyway. :D

wel about de dino limit i can agree could be a bit higher indeed but on the otherhand u can have 50 dino on each map :P so in theorie u can breed 600 dino ad ones but the limit on soul terminal would be great indeed

• wel about de dino limit i can agree could be a bit higher indeed but on the otherhand u can have 50 dino on each map :P so in theorie u can breed 600 dino ad ones but the limit on soul terminal would be great indeed

keeping 12 breeding pens up and running (one on each map) will suck all joy out from the game if you are a solo. if you are a casual and not a hardcore player, all you will do is farm to keep those bases up

• Could it then be possible that you create a custom potion (similar to the Weight/Speed/And so on custom GD Potions) that instantly grows your dino or it increases its maturation rate? Because another annoying thing i've found is that whenever I get a giga mutation i need to wait 3-4 days in order to stack the mutations on the patrilineal side. these things take a lot of time to grow which means a lot of downtime on the mutation breeding.

• You can use the Gender Change Token to get the mutation to a male, if you get it on a female. After that just set the male to mating, place it where your other mutant was before and it will start mating after 1 day and 23 minutes ^^

• while im against increased rates, i wouldnt mind if such a potion was added to the game as a rare drop on some less popular maps like the center, se or to make some crap crates more attractive <japanesegoblinemote>

• as one of "larger" breeders of this cluster, i agree with Gunnsen.

Ye, ark2 is coming , but..... who knows what concept will it have....

for some things u need time....

you can do boss fights with 50/60 stats dinos....

(My tribe did with lower stat dinos boss fights)...

And do you wanna more laggs on cluster? (more dinos out more lags...)