lower requirements for cloning on Gen2

• Hello,

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, don't you think the cost for cloning process on Genesis2 is too high? Especially after the harvesting Rates dropped 3 times and cloning costs raised 5 times (x15 nerf).

Take 239 bred Anky for example. On all Maps of the Cluster cloning process costs 30k Element Shards. Its very easy to earn it for 20 mins defending 50k Element node on Extinction using 750% Melee Mantis with 300% metal Pick (about 1500 Element, that u can break for 30 000 Element Shards). But on Gen2 Сloning costs 150k Element Shards,

I spend few Days with my Tribemate to hunt Element-shard-event, found it 3-4 times and got about 100k Element Shards per 1 Event for about 20 minutes plus 1500 pure Element (I used Anky with 1300% Melee). A total of 130k Element Shards in 20 minutes.

In addition to the above Resources-event on gen2 take place every 24 mins and has 8 different varieties. So that u can catch needed Event once every 3 hours or less often. At this time you can defend more then 8 Element Nodes, get 9k Element, break it for 180k Shards and clone 6 Example Ankys on Extinction.

We also lost Tek Stryders. The map was developed with the principle high Risk high Reward (chance of getting the desired Event), but that changed to high Risk low Reward.

It's simple math.

Sorry for my English, its not my native Language.

Best regards

Stormbird

• I dont understand ur Answer. There is nothing, what can answer my questions or explain something.
    "5k element with an ankylo within 5 minutes" - its a Lie. I gave an example with 1300% Melee Atk Anky and 1-2 Tribemates.

"space phases already make farming easier"? its random. If u have all Day that u can spend for Ark, then u ll find required Event, otherwise u go better to Extinction and spend ur time safer.

Element Shards output isnt good. And all Element you got, better to convert to Dust and transfer to another map, because of cloning costs.

Especially after the harvesting Rates dropped 3 times and cloning costs raised 5 times (x15 nerf).

Your math went wrong here.

All maps have harvesting x2, Genesis2 has harvesting x1 because it's easier to farm resources there.

Cloning costs on Genesis2 are x2, while on the rest of the cluster cloning cost was reduced to x0.5 to encourage people to play on these maps and not just stick to the paradise of Gen2.

• Where is the high risk in Genesis 2? It is the easiest map I have ever played. Easy farming, easy tek suit, easy element, easy loot (vanilla), there is literally not a single challenge on that map, even the quests are way easier than Genesis 1 :-D

We will talk about this, I personally would be ok to lower it a bit, but I'd never make it as cheap as other maps as Gen2 already is the easiest map with the highest element income (yes it still is, just tested it a few days ago, especially cause you have no risk at all while an OSD at leat requires you to fight).

• I’m not talking about Quests or something else, I’m talking about Element output pro minute on Gen2 compared to Extinction. Waiting for a desired Event on Gen2 is what I call high risk (12.5% chance with 24-minute Period). You can spend more then 3 Hours to get it.

Imagine you have 4 hours for playing Ark. What do u prefer, spending it for waiting desired Event with Element-shard-nodes to harvest 100k Shards and 1500 Elements (which will not be enough for 1 cloning Process on Gen2), or will you go to Extinction, where you are guaranteed to find Element Node in first 15 minutes to get same amount of Element (which will be enough for 1 cloning Process)? Or if u are lucky and got desired Event on Gen2 will you better transfer harvested Element to another Map to pay for Cloning less? In all Cases costs for Cloning on Gen2 are illogically high. So i think.

Your math went wrong here.

All maps have harvesting x2, Genesis2 has harvesting x1 because it's easier to farm resources there.

Cloning costs on Genesis2 are x2, while on the rest of the cluster cloning cost was reduced to x0.5 to encourage people to play on these maps and not just stick to the paradise of Gen2.

If your information was correct then the cloning-price would be 4 times different. But in reality we have a difference of 5 times. But it doesn't matter in the context of my post like your remark about my mistake about harvest rates. More important are real element output and cloning cost data. xD

PS On Ext there is also no risk to harvest Element. The waves are easier then OSD and u need only one Giga or two Gigas or even Rexes.

Best regards

• Cherie

Set the Label from In discussion to Accepted