• Hey,
    I have been playing countless hours and years on this Server,
    but lately the changes, which aren't always visible at first sight made me to change servers.
    I don't understand the concept of making one gaming aspect easier and the other one impossible.
    The Breeding at x10 is really good, while making beacons and missions useless is the worst part of this server.
    And with useless i dont even mean u could gather Items from them. The Items gathered are not at all useful, (i throw away 99.9% items, who tf needs an ascendant pachy saddlex99).
    Next Point are the Dinosaurs... Why would you disable the core Dinosaur from Genesis 2, which is the Tek Stryder....
    The whole concept for Genesis 2 was to bring a Dinosaur to farm everything, to make farming easier than ever,

because ARk 2 is coming.

I farmed Genesis 2 before the "Vanilla Loot" shit loot, i got a few good tek bows... but now its impossible to get them. What is the point of disabling the good Items, when nobody is able to get them????

And calling Mission Loot beeing better... Before the nonsense Ghost division nerf i got "MC Tek rifle BP" and after get "Journeyman Assault Rifles(not even BP)". GJ
    Just my Rant on how to destroy a community.

• IF you want to have fun for just a few months till ARK2, than I agree with you.

But the owners want to run this server for years, like last time. So it's important that it's a slow build up game.

It has to be hard to farm (that's the reason gachas are disabled, btw). Farming is fun, for a majority of the players.

And the loot thing. There are good BPs. They are just rare. Very rare. And thats a good thing, because otherwise everyone on the server has a good Rex Saddle BP (for example) and can craft his saddles by himself. Now you have to talk, you have to trade. That is fun and the intention.

If you want to play by yourself and don't want to interact with other players, I understand your points. And I understand you, that it's depressing if you loot just pachy saddles and you know that you looted ascendend bps before. But you have to ignore that - Don't compare this.

For me it's now way better than before, because now I know that I can have fun for years on this server.
    The only reason why the wipe was necessary was because everyone had everything. And now they try to avoid this.

• Hey,
    I have been playing countless hours and years on this Server, but lately the changes, which aren't always visible at first sight made me to change servers. I don't understand the concept of making one gaming aspect easier and the other one impossible.

What part of the gameplay is impossible now? The only thing you cannot do currently on our cluster is taming a Gacha, taming a Stryder and getting all explorer notes for the extra 10 levels (that are already way higher than vanilla). Taming a Stryder is the only experience I miss a little as it is a unique and fun thing to do, but on the other hand taming a Stryder destroys the game especially with an active market like ours. Everything else in this game is still doable and has been done.

You are pretty right with you "not understanding the concept", it is called balance. If you make things easier, you need to make sure it is still a challange and players still can achieve things. With higher rates, QoL mods etc ARK can easily be a casual game but it is not fun in the teams opinion. If you want a big base work for a big base. If you want to kill bosses work for a good army. If you want to just sit back and watch the game doing everything for you play Ark Park. But Ark SURVIVAL is still a complex game with a lot of ways to achieve things and we will not change it into a "one dino does everything for you", even though Genesis 2 wants to establish that. It is designed around official servers that have been running for years, everyone has capped Gigas, Rexes, farm dinos and whatever you can think of. Our cluster on the other hand has been running for 3.5 months now and players still got stuff to do. YOu say we take stuff away from you while in fact you want to eliminate 50% of the dinos, 30% of the maps and a complete gameplay mechanic from the game by adding a creature that gives you everything passively.

The Breeding at x10 is really good, while making beacons and missions useless is the worst part of this server.
    And with useless i dont even mean u could gather Items from them. The Items gathered are not at all useful, (i throw away 99.9% items, who tf needs an ascendant pachy saddlex99).

Strange, most active players got everything they need. We already have higher dinos and players than vanilla, give you OP stuff like a personal teleporter, magical item transfers and all the other QoL additions and you still need ascendent gear only? Isn't it much better if ascendent items are worth something instead of giving them out for free in every second airdrop that you can reach with your free undestroyable tek suit that does not require power?! Yeah, this is fun. Onlky thing I dislike is that I need to go to the beacon first, we should just add capped ascendent stuff to a reward vault and change the crafting costs of that vault to one human feces, maybe this will make everyone happy.

Next Point are the Dinosaurs... Why would you disable the core Dinosaur from Genesis 2, which is the Tek Stryder....
    The whole concept for Genesis 2 was to bring a Dinosaur to farm everything, to make farming easier than ever, because ARk 2 is coming.

So this is the core dinosaur and the solely reason to add Gen2? You really think this? Gen2 was only made to remove farming? This is the most stupid thing I read in a long time... We eeloborated why Stryder is disabled, I will not do it again ^^

I farmed Genesis 2 before the "Vanilla Loot" shit loot, i got a few good tek bows... but now its impossible to get them. What is the point of disabling the good Items, when nobody is able to get them???? And calling Mission Loot beeing better... Before the nonsense Ghost division nerf i got "MC Tek rifle BP" and after get "Journeyman Assault Rifles(not even BP)". GJ

The loot rework is still ongoing. Currently it is hard to get Tek BPs, this is correct, but there will be ways to get them. We will not add them to air drops though, getting the most powerful stuff from the least difficult source is just bad game design. And, yes, mission loot is working way better now. Instead of getting pipes and random stuff from a loot list with 200 items we now adjusted it to work similar to Genesis 1 where you can farm items from a quest. That way quests are a valid option to get items you need without having the luck to get a BP from a drop, but on the other hand someone who had that luck is still able to provide better items due to the crafting skill bonus.

Just my Rant on how to destroy a community.

Our community is just fine, thank you. It is not like everyone is leaving the server cause you are not here any longer :-D

• I personally love that changes that have been made. I can only imagine the headache it must have been for the team (who do this VOLUNTARILY, btw, there are NO PAID POSITIONS HERE, so keep that in mind. If it was done, it was done in THIER FREE TIME) to sit and figure out everything on TOP of the work it has taken to keep things running. I was here for the last concept - about two years worth of it - and the last 8 months of that time was spent logging in once a week to not get deleted. That was because afk Gacha farming was a thing, and I ran out of things to do, so I had no need to log in beyond avoiding decay. The problem is that a majority of the community was in the same position because the old concept made things too easy. With this new concept, though, certain things take more time and more luck because it is designed to keep people around for a longer period of time.

I also want to point out that GD is a COMMUNITY FUNDED CLUSTER. You ever notice ads here? NO. You have the ability to Pay-To-Win here? NO. This cluster is funded through donations and our Patreon members,. Any time those server costs aren't met, guess what? The folks that spent their FREE time making sure we have a great place to play have to then turn around and spend their OWN funds on the cluster. I get that some things are frustrating, but if it gets too easy, then the staff are going to go into debt to keep this place running, and it will ultimately close down for good. I, for one, am willing to take more time to accomplish things here if that means that this cluster and community can survive well into the future.

Much love to ALL of our GD staff. You folks are the beating heart of this community. I know a lot of people have been fussy with the changes, so just remember that there are FAR more of us who appreciate you than there are of those who want an ez-mode welfare game. <3

• With this new concept, though, certain things take more time and more luck because it is designed to keep people around for a longer period of time.

I cant resist pointing out that the previous concept was the same: to keep it low paced (but better than official) and challenging. But then Extinction came, and made stuff too easy - and opening transfers (despite clamping item stats) ruined the whole concept. So this time, when opening transfers to Genesis, it was never an option to let it fall to pieces again.