Loot drop tables?

• So basically u guys are saying the drop chances better. I did 10-15 lava golems run until now in a row always either I got a woodclub, wooden shield,wooden shield bp, ghilie suit and some platform saddle . So with the drop chances chances for good items and quality where is it ? . and as for red loot crates. we will get soul balls, grapping hooks, SO u guys need let the community know how the new loot system works,, i think we also have right to know about these things. and about that market thing its those players fault those who are greedy they already had a good saddle bps and still they want more bps to sell in the market and earn gc ofc . ITS like ur just hiding many stuffs from us. LOL great response

• No i see this, from what i heard: The loot drops on extinction, osds are less items but higher quality, while the lava golem has shit loot now. Keeping this information to your admin friends only. Make that info open for everyone.

I'm not even part of the team anymore. Be careful when acusing team of taking advantages. This is a no-go and couldn't be more wrong. It's also not the first time you are doing this.

It's been said multiple times that the loot tables will be shared. I'm not part of the team anymore, so I can't speed up this process. But the values and set logic is the same for every drop. I have created the entire config for every single drop in the game. There are no secrets in there.

• This seems to be right, i dont even know why the ppl that started on ext got tek after 2 or 3 days.

*edit: This does not mean that i dont know how to get this in two days. Just thought its hard to get it without any good bps.

• So basically u guys are saying the drop chances better. I did 10-15 lava golems run until now in a row always either I got a woodclub, wooden shield,wooden shield bp, ghilie suit and some platform saddle . So with the drop chances chances for good items and quality where is it ? . and as for red loot crates. we will get soul balls, grapping hooks, SO u guys need let the community know how the new loot system works,, i think we also have right to know about these things. and about that market thing its those players fault those who are greedy they already had a good saddle bps and still they want more bps to sell in the market and earn gc ofc . ITS like ur just hiding many stuffs from us. LOL great response

I already explained the entire system on discord once, but I will do it again:

Every drop has a list of items. Each item has an entry weight. Based on the entry weight, we have created sets. So the entry weight for rare items is lower than i.e. for common items. By doing this, each drop has 3-5 sets. Inside each set, there are multiple items. All of them have the same entry weight, so the same chance to roll. Depending on the drop, one or more sets can roll, while always preventing duplicates. i.e. regular beacons have 1-2 sets, ring beacons have 2-3 sets. Each set drops 1 item. BP chance is 15 % for each item. Some items are exluded from dropping as BP (i.e. structures, fishing rod and resources).

To further balance the drops, we have added "filler items" to the drops. WC has done the same for official servers, thats why you get lots of structures there and also some other stuff. Filler items are counted as common, so the entry weight is pretty high.

As I said multiple times, there are no hidden or secret tricks inside the loot tables.

• I'm surprise that some players want to have every information given to them.

Isn't it possible to try it by yourself and make your own opinion about the drops.

Btw Golem and ice queen are clearly not the only way to get some loot.

You can do the entire content of the game with mission drops.

It has been tested and done during this wipe.

• Just for my understanding. This means every Drop has a ranked item "Set". Like Red ones have a higher ranked Set then Purples? And what is about those Deep Sea Drops. We are getting like "70 Cementing Paste" or "1 Battle Tartar" out of Deep Seas. Dont know why those items are in this Loot table?

• Just for my understanding. This means every Drop has a ranked item "Set". Like Red ones have a higher ranked Set then Purples? And what is about those Deep Sea Drops. We are getting like "70 Cementing Paste" or "1 Battle Tartar" out of Deep Seas. Dont know why those items are in this Loot table?

Each drop has multiple sets (3-5 depending on drop). Sets are kinda organized like tiers. So set 1 would be top tier (rare items) and set 5 would be lowest tier (common items). The difference between purple and red is the quality chance in most cases. While the loot might be the same, the chance to get an ascendant item is higher in red drops.

• I will end this discussion here with some additional information:

The current loot is pretty fine. The cluster is running 2 weeks and Alpha Master Controller of Genesis has already been beaten without any exploit. Saying the loot is not good enough to beat the game is just saying you are incapable to play the game. Even my tribe, that has 3 active members and is not rushing anything (just killed our first boss on Center as it is the only one we currently could kill) has more stuff we could dream of. There are plenty ways of getting loot and you already know all the ways as we did not change it from vanilla. You get everything where you used to get it, but we will NOT change the loot table in a direction where you do a cave once and find everything you need. ARK is a long term game and this concept respects that.

There also is trading. If you need anything really urgent you can still use the auction house, I saw everything essential in there all ready. Giving all players everything for free will result in a dead community. There will be no interchange between tribes, players will be bored after second golem run as they now got everything and population will drop rapidely. This concept is made by people who have a deep understanding of the game and was tested a LOT, it took us months to do the loot tables, testing, adjusting, testing again etc. And before I get to hear this again: Having a cluster with 25(!) mods does not distinguish one as a good admin, quite the contrary. So if someone thinks he can do this better feel free to try but this cluster here will remain with our concept and it will work out just fine for everyone playing here.

About the publishing of our loot contents: You already know everything you need to know like what to get where. As Koga already said the most important items are of course more rare then others but everything is in the same crate as vanilla with only one exception so far: Gacha saddles on Ext were exchanged with rock drake saddles. We will not publish the probabilities per item and loot as it a) will be a very long list of numbers and b) it is also part of the gameplay to get your own impression on loot. Just like it was in Vanilla back then when people all had their own ways to get their desired loot and everyone had fun, this was much better than standing in line at the ice quee waiting 5 hours to be the 6th guy to kill it.

Last but not least I want to let you know that we do not ignore your comments on the loot. We are already working on some fixes that all adress the fillers. We want to make loot feel more rewarding even if you did not get the item you need. I admit that getting seeds or dyes might feel like a punch in the face sometimes, so we will make sure this gets improved. We will NOT improve the quality or distribution of items though, so do not expect a fundamental change in our loot tables. As I said above: The current loot is pretty fine!

• Gunnsen

Closed the thread.