New PvE cluster - questions

• Okay, let's focus on questions again.

Would you ever consider making Ghost Coins/Ark Bars time limited? So that they would have an expiration, use em or lose em. Maybe that would add a little balance and prevent hoarding and too much of them circulating in the system, the marketplace would have to remain competitive.

Also, did the team consider adding BP crates to the reward vault? It could be a good GC sink and with limited crafts it wouldn't be OP either. Or should I make this a suggestion post instead of a question here?

will there be cross server chat this time?

Will the current assurances for patreons go on after the wipe?

Will vault rewards be changing?

^ These are for you Cherie dear.

From Discord:

How rare they (Shinies) are?

One shiny will spawn on every map in 24 hrs interval. There can be one wild shiny active per map. If it doesnt get tamed/ killed within 24 hrs, it will despawn. If it will be killed/ tamed before that time, next one will spawn according to the remaining timer. Shiny tracker and coords in announcements are disabled. They spawn at levels 130-150.

What they do while tamed?

Some shinies are only colored, some have special abilities, read here: https://steamcommunity.com/wor…8122/1752402450227658533/

Some of those shiny types look pretty insane, are they all enabled? Also are they breedable?

You can breed them with regular dinos, but only colors will be inherited; atm the only blacklisted variant is radioactive. If cloned, the clone will get colors, but not special attributes.

Can shinies be untameable dinos, like dinos in caves or surface reapers and stuff? Also, I saw on the workshop a shiny magmasaur, that one's basically a wasted spawn right?

Only tamable dinos can become Shiny. If you get impregnated by shiny queen, the baby should inherit her colors. In case of magmasaurs, wyverns, drakes or dinos - you can steal their essence and apply it to your already tamed ones.

You can kill enraged shinies, every enraged drops 1 raw essence. With 3 raw essences you can craft a shiny prod. If you poke a shiny with that prod and then kill it within 1 minute, you can steal its essence and apply it to your own tame, giving it the shiny abilities

So if you have the prod and use it on a wyvern, you can shinify your own wyvern. This is dino specific, stego essence will work only on tamed stego, etc.

Can you get multiple essence into one dino this way?

No, only one essence can be applied to a dino.

Will the AH have a flat fee?

Flat fee is set to 50 ingots.

Is ckf removed?

Yes, it is.

What time will it wipe around on may 14th

Most likely in the evening, around 20 CEST; it will be decided and announced when the time comes.

Is Genesis loot gonna be grindable?

Yes. Will return 10% of resources.

Are the gen loot tables from missions and crates also custom?

Genesis is the only map that keeps vanilla loot tables.

• For "Custom wild dino level distribution" will you be releasing how that is going to be weighted? Is this going to be a per-species weight, or a general weight applied to the spawns overall?

• Would you ever consider making Ghost Coins/Ark Bars time limited? So that they would have an expiration, use em or lose em. Maybe that would add a little balance and prevent hoarding and too much of them circulating in the system, the marketplace would have to remain competitive.

We talked about expiring GC in our meetings but this is not possible due to the plugin we use and the possibility to exchange GC into ARc. Also how would you handle GC after a transfer to another player, the timer would need to be reset.

Also, did the team consider adding BP crates to the reward vault? It could be a good GC sink and with limited crafts it wouldn't be OP either. Or should I make this a suggestion post instead of a question here?

We will adjust the vault content to the new concept, but we did not decide about BPs yet.

will there be cross server chat this time?
    Nope, for two reasons: First of all having 10 maps (Gen: Part 2 included) in the same global chat with a community this big is a mess. We have Discord, Teamspeak and our website for clusterwide communication. On top of this these plugins mess up our Battlemetrics tools which we need to run the cluster properly.

Will the current assurances for patreons go on after the wipe?

Currently there are no changes planned for Patreon rewards. If we change this we will inform all Patreons ahead to give everyone a chance to rethink their subscription.

Will vault rewards be changing?

We will adjust the vault content to the new concept, but we did not decide details yet.

For "Custom wild dino level distribution" will you be releasing how that is going to be weighted? Is this going to be a per-species weight, or a general weight applied to the spawns overall? The custom level distribution will be applied to every spawn. We were looking for the right balance between Vanilla (very few high levels) and our current plugin (about 30% of all Dinos were 135+). There will be less 150s on the map than now, but it is by far not as tedious as Vanilla gameplay.

• Will the current assurances for patreons go on after the wipe?

And just my input on the nanny thing, id say enable it, why? we can only have 50 dinos per map anyways, wich will stop mutating efficiently very much. Or is the soul limit changing too?

The Nanny has nothing to do with mutating. All it does is hit E for u on imprints which doesn't take any skill. It does not affect how fast you get a good line. Most people don't even imprint when breeding for stats...

• Why was this wipe 'unavoidable' as previously stated? What was unavoidable about it?

Just because the majority of players have done everything possible in the game doesn't mean everyone has! One of the major appeals to playing on Ghost Division was the fact that it was intended as a long-running server and the countless hours people put in with taming and breeding are not at risk of being wiped periodically like with other servers.

I can see some of the benefits of a clean slate but to be honest, it's a kick in the teeth, not gonna lie.

• Why was this wipe 'unavoidable' as previously stated? What was unavoidable about it?

Just because the majority of players have done everything possible in the game doesn't mean everyone has! One of the major appeals to playing on Ghost Division was the fact that it was intended as a long-running server

3 years is quite a long run. The problem is that people who achieved everything got bored and were spoiling newcomers with high level dinos and top quality items for very cheap or free, offering bossrun seats and doing pretty much anything to make new players achieve everything in a week and then leave.

Besides it's up to server owners what kind of server they want to run, and they didnt feel well about the old one. But the announcement says it all.

Edited once, last by Kat ().

• For "Custom wild dino level distribution" will you be releasing how that is going to be weighted? Is this going to be a per-species weight, or a general weight applied to the spawns overall?

It's a global setting, affecting all species in the same way. Most common levels are around 50-80, 130+ (and 5) are more rare.

Edited once, last by Kat ().

• "Auto learn all engrams on any map" Any Tek-s?

You will learn all non-tek engrams, but no more need to jump to all DLCs to learn their engrams.

Should we continue voting for the server on ark-servers.net?

Yes! It will keep the server on a high position, and people who voted before wipe will be rewarded - either by ghost coins paid out after wipe, or otherwise - this is to be decided soon, but definitely worth it!

• i would to ask is there is any chance that you guys will enable the element transfer btw maps. this time gacha is disabled right

Pretty sure they said they wont enable it, which is understandable as if it was enabled, people will just do veins on ext and bring the ele over, rather than fighting bosses etc.

• Will there be any map duplicates? Like for example we have gen 1 and gen 2 now, two copies of the same map.

The only reason for two servers running the same map was the fact that the map is small, and at the beginning many people wanted to play there; having two servers with it provided enough space for all interested players. Hard to say if it will be needed or desired to duplicate Genesis part 2, but in a long term that's not the best idea, population will die out eventually and we'd have two nearly empty servers again ;(

i would to ask is there is any chance that you guys will enable the element transfer btw maps. this time gacha is disabled right

^ Cherie :/

• Lucky I found this cluster and decided to join it a month ago :/8o

tbh I'm a bit pissed off because I joined what I thought was a server that didn't have wipes any time soon and had you made this clear I could have invested my time somewhere else.

But such is ark... have fun with the new server, Bye.

• 2 more questions

1- will there be a wild dino wipe everyday at restart time

2-can u like enable the settings of soul trap so that we can throw our dinos near to other bases.

1. no why?

2. not a bad idea, now gachas are disabled so i cant see a abuse behind that :) ill diskuss it with the team

• How are we going to "claim" the shiny dinos?
    Claim, as in, everyone gets the message on screen that "a shiny has appeared on cords x y" and people from different tribes theoretically rush to it. Some want to kill it, some want to tame it. People might start arguing who has the "right" to kill/tame it.... typing "claim shiny" in chat when you get to it or smth? Given people don't abuse the knowledge that a shiny has appeared in the fist place and automatically type claim when it spawns. no matter they are on the other side of the map at that moment...

• How are we going to "claim" the shiny dinos?
    Claim, as in, everyone gets the message on screen that "a shiny has appeared on cords x y" and people from different tribes theoretically rush to it. Some want to kill it, some want to tame it. People might start arguing who has the "right" to kill/tame it.... typing "claim shiny" in chat when you get to it or smth? Given people don't abuse the knowledge that a shiny has appeared in the fist place and automatically type claim when it spawns. no matter they are on the other side of the map at that moment...

Noone's going to claim anything. Tracker is disabled and notification won't show coords. Want a shiny = go hunting.