Wood in Beaver Dam Issues

• If possible, I think it would be appreciated if there was something done about people leaving wood in beaver dams while looting everything else. I know its not game breaking, but when people do that, it means the dams wont respawn as they normally would when everything is looted and they just sit there until someone comes by to loot and then drop the wood. Dams are a solid source of cementing paste, pearls, and rare flower in one place that doesn't require tools or diving. Whether we find a mod to use on these servers that monitors when people access a beaver dam and automatically reports them if they take everything except the wood and leave, or some other change (potentially only allowing a 'loot all' option instead of being able to select separate items), I feel it would be appreciated by anyone who uses the dams as a resource spot. Once again, not a huge deal, but definitely something I know annoys a lot of people and has for a good while.

• Whether we find a mod to use on these servers that monitors when people access a beaver dam and automatically reports them if they take everything except the wood and leave...

I don't think something like that even exists. And even if it did, it would flood the admins with pretty much useless tickets when there's more important ones to take care of.

...or some other change (potentially only allowing a 'loot all' option instead of being able to select separate items).

Again, probably not possible. I'm not sure such an option even exists, and even if it did, knowing WildCard it would probably affect all containers. And that would be a very bad idea.

A better solution (but again, idk if it's possible) would be to stop wood from spawning in dams altogether. No one ever needs or takes it, and it's in such small amounts that it would take a few seconds to farm it yourself.

Just my two cents though.

• I agree, the reporting would be a bit overkill and cause unnecessary work for the admins. I think removing wood would likely be the easiest solution, but I was just spitballing some ideas.

• Mschmidi

Added the Label In discussion
  • It's a never ending story with the Beaver dams. I can say from experience some dams spawn with just wood aswell.

I dont think so. I have a base by beaver lake. Farmed 100s of dams in the past months, and not even once found a dam with only wood inside. They always have at least 2 resources.

• It's a problem I have encountered. I ALWAYS loot the complete dam - even when I'm so heavy I can't move and get attacked by a myriad of crazed beavers - is that Castor-ated? - and I get royally cheesed off when people leave wood in the dams when I'm looking for cementing paste. But please don't stop wood spawning in dams - gunpowder takes charcoal and a lot of charcoal takes a lot of wood and dams are the best place to get large quantities.

• and dams are the best place to get large quantities.

There are better ways of getting wood. A good chainsaw + high meele and walk through the redwood - you get a few thousand of wood from every tree. Also therizino maxed in power is great for farming wood; dams give like 300-1000 wood each, so maybe 5k per a beaver pond - that's one redwood tree.

Also if you want precisely charcoal - take that chainsaw or therizino to volcano areas and farm burned trees, they drop charcoal instead of wood.

Edited once, last by Kat ().

• This really is a never ending story. 3 days in a row.... wood in beaver dams.

If an admin is interested, there is a way to edit beaver dams to only have cementing paste, it is the same program that edits drops.

It is free, and simple to use and I have used it on previous servers. I always just keep cementing paste only in beaver dams. I will leave link here, there is tutorial on yt if interested. Sorry if we are not suppose to post links.

https://beaconapp.cc/