Enable nanny (and possibly other structures) but with insane crafting costs

• Okay so this is just a suggestion, please don't hate on me for it :P

But I'm thinking maybe some of the blocked structures could be re-enabled with insane crafting costs. I'm talking one of each alpha boss trophies for a nanny or mutator for example (a bit extreme, but again it's just an example).

As the vivarium and tek fridge proved, changing crafting recipes can help with either making it easier for players to get stuff or much, much harder. This way, players that are at the end game could lessen some of the grind, and give them something else to strive towards.

But again, this is just a suggestion. It sounds good to me, but I'm sure you guys have great counter-arguments that I can't wait to hear.

EDIT: Also the mutator could be enabled as a buyable event. Kinda' like the scanning event, but for mutations. All of its functions can be disabled via the ini, making it basically a decorative structure outside of the event. But that's just my two cents.

• I'm neutral about nanny and mutation part of mutator. (not in favor of it being ez tho, high amounts of ele should be required per pulse)

but having some of other functions of mutator like gender swap or changing dino variations like x-dino to aberrant or tek, those are very usefull functions that I'm really interested in but we probably won't get anyway. I don't know either too OP or cause problems/bugs/glitches down the road

• I'm neutral about nanny and mutation part of mutator. (not in favor of it being ez tho, high amounts of ele should be required per pulse)

but having some of other functions of mutator like gender swap or changing dino variations like x-dino to aberrant or tek, those are very usefull functions that I'm really interested in but we probably won't get anyway. I don't know either too OP or cause problems/bugs/glitches down the road

Personally I wouldn't enable the species or gender swap. The first is just pointless imo and the second I think makes stuff breedable that wouldn't be otherwise (or that could be a separate pulse, idk I've never used the mutator). But again, I'm just throwing the proposal out there to be considered.

The nanny being very end game would take away one of the few grinds players there have, but against this argument I just want to use another one: you don't have to use it if you don't want to. And anyways, making it super hard to get means not many people will have it anyways. It won't collapse the market or magically make it easy for everyone to raise dinos, at most 4-5 tribes would have it with the crafting price I proposed. Or I could be entirely wrong and it would motivate the cluster to do every boss battle on alpha, who's to know.

And for why I suggested the mutator as an event: so people don't have time to abuse it. In 2 days you'd get a few mutations, but not enough to break a dino. But it could be enough for people to get their dinos from great to awesome, and it would help drain some more GC out of the market from people that breed for muts and would want to speed up that process in the slightest. Or again, maybe it wouldn't.

• Personally I wouldn't enable the species or gender swap. The first is just pointless imo and the second I think makes stuff breedable that wouldn't be otherwise (or that could be a separate pulse, idk I've never used the mutator). But again, I'm just throwing the proposal out there to be considered.

It's not pointless to change an x-spino into aberrant spino, and gender swap just helps for when you get unlucky with gender on a mutation or while breeding you can clone a dino and change clones gender to have a pair. Allow breeding for dinos that can't normally breed is a different pulse.

and again I'm not against nanny, I'm just neutral as I don't need it, but if people want to have it I don't mind it's PvE after all.

also some of the blocked engrams while OP can help improve performance, like allowing Gacha Gavager reduce the size of gacha towers dramatically or having mutator allows you to breed with less dinos, like I can do all I wanted with 30 souls instead 500 souls. in the end we already have 253 melee gigas and lvl 700 tek rex in circulation, can't get OPier than that.

• And that's one of the reasons I'm making this suggestion. People already figured out how to break the dinos with stack overflows, not much reason to hold off on the mutator anymore. And the nanny, for me at least, seems like a QOL thing into the late game. Others might enjoy raising and imprinting 50 gigas at once, and that's perfectly fine, but I for one dread that thought :P

But again, just a suggestion. I know it probably won't get far, but hey, I'll throw the idea out there. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Edit: not to say we should let mutators run amok, far from it. Just let them help us out a bit now and again.

• Mschmidi

Added the Label In discussion