Kraken's Better Dinos Mod

• Finch

Changed the title of the thread from “Kraken's Better Dinos” to “Kraken's Better Dinos Mod”.
  • I see the problem more or less in the mod itself. It changes many of the vanilla dinos, right? What if Wildcard changes those like the upcoming TLC? Will it work or break the game? Would we have to wait for a mod update or risk losing our tames or being unable to play?

Each new Wildcard game update already feels a little bit like a russian roullete if it will run fine or not. Each mod beeing one more source of possible problems. And especially one that changes many vanilla creatures. I don't really like the idea of lost or corrupted tames after a patch. Maybe I am just too sensitive in this matter but if I (at least for me) weigh risk against reward, I'd have to say nope better not another mod.

I am not saying that it can't be fun playing this mod but you have to consider the rather large number of mods we already have.

• I see the problem more or less in the mod itself. It changes many of the vanilla dinos, right? What if Wildcard changes those like the upcoming TLC? Will it work or break the game? Would we have to wait for a mod update or risk losing our tames or being unable to play?

Each new Wildcard game update already feels a little bit like a russian roullete if it will run fine or not. Each mod beeing one more source of possible problems. And especially one that changes many vanilla creatures. I don't really like the idea of lost or corrupted tames after a patch. Maybe I am just too sensitive in this matter but if I (at least for me) weigh risk against reward, I'd have to say nope better not another mod.

Kraken is one of the best modders out there, also very active. IF something went really wrong and he wouldnt be able to fix it, he would just remove a certain dino from his mod, and admins would be able to switch the corrupted dino to its vanilla version, so things wouldnt be lost. Plus the mod itself is highly configurable.

• Kraken is one of the best modders out there, also very active. IF something went really wrong and he wouldnt be able to fix it, he would just remove a certain dino from his mod, and admins would be able to switch the corrupted dino to its vanilla version, so things wouldnt be lost. Plus the mod itself is highly configurable.

Alright then there is quick help in such a case. Question still stands if we need another mod. We already have 10 mods iirc and number 11 is on its way for the event-reward (Void Wyvern). How many mods is too many? 15? 20?

• Mschmidi

Added the Label In discussion