Easy way to mindwipe?

• So I'm reaching that point in the game again where I need to mindwipe and respec into crafting skill for BPs. But mind wiping is a pain, having to learn all the engrams again. What's the way you guys do it? Any tips to make the process faster?

Also no, I can't make a crafting alt. I do have an alt account but I don't have aberration and genesis on it and I can't afford to buy those atm.

P.S.: I did look for a mindwipe mod that would only reset stats but not learned engrams, but I couldn't find any to make a recommendation. Plus I want to avoid asking for another mod on the cluster, we have plenty already.

• Also no, I can't make a crafting alt. I do have an alt account but I don't have aberration and genesis on it and I can't afford to buy those atm.

You can use Steam family sharing and have access to all your library on a different account (but can't use both at the same time).

P.S.: I did look for a mindwipe mod that would only reset stats but not learned engrams, but I couldn't find any to make a recommendation. Plus I want to avoid asking for another mod on the cluster, we have plenty already.

N+ has a mindwipe that works this way, maybe, maybe we will have it in the future

• Wait, family sharing works on the same PC? Wut? That would be amazing.

It does. You create a new Steam account, enable the familiy share thing...dunno the steps anymore but it was easy and then you can use games you did not buy on the 2nd account on the same PC. Ingame you have to have someone that invites you to the tribe though, that is gonna be a problem when you are the only tribemember. And of course you have to level and do the bossfights with your crafting char to get to max possible level.

But I have never tested how many points in crafting still make sense and if there is a theoretical hardcap you can reach or not.

Would be nice to know that like 150-200 levels in crafting yield almost the same results as all 251 level you can get with full ascension, all bosses done and Chibi Pet on level five.

• It does. You create a new Steam account, enable the familiy share thing...dunno the steps anymore but it was easy and then you can use games you did not buy on the 2nd account on the same PC. Ingame you have to have someone that invites you to the tribe though, that is gonna be a problem when you are the only tribemember. And of course you have to level and do the bossfights with your crafting char to get to max possible level.

But I have never tested how many points in crafting still make sense and if there is a theoretical hardcap you can reach or not.

Would be nice to know that like 150-200 levels in crafting yield almost the same results as all 251 level you can get with full ascension, all bosses done and Chibi Pet on level five.

Okay, neat, I'll try that when I get home. I do have a tribemate, so inviting the second account won't be hard.

Also if I do it this way can both my main and my crafting characters be on the same map at once?

• But I have never tested how many points in crafting still make sense and if there is a theoretical hardcap you can reach or not.

MaxPossibleOutcome = ValueBlueprint + ( ( ValueBlueprint - StandardValueItem ) * ( CraftingSkillPoints * 0,5 / 100 ) )

Let's say you have a LongneckBlueprint with 200% DMG and 200 Durability

So you set ValueBluePrint to 200% DMG (or 200 Durability)
    StandardValueItem is 100% DMG (or 70 Durability)
    CraftingSkillPoints is like 251 or whatever you can achieve

So you could get a 325,5% DMG (and 363 Durability) longneck.

The hardcap for items is listed on this forum "info -> stat clamp (pve)"

• Also if I do it this way can both my main and my crafting characters be on the same map at once?

I guess not since you would need to run two instances of Steam at the same time to run both accounts. Maybe with another PC or a virtual machine? I never tried that to be honest.

tomscorer

So it basically means the more levels in crafting you can have the better. Thx.

• No I mean if I can keep both on the same map at once, one logged out and one logged in.

Oh sorry I got that wrong. Yes as far as I know you can keep your crafting char (or 2nd account char if you will) logged out on the same map you play your main character on. He/she will be handled like any other tribemember from the server.

• Back when we had 300 player levels we "found out" that you cannot give more than 255 levels into the same stat. For players it just did not work to add any further levels to that stat, for dinos it reset the stat and you lost all levels you put into it. This is more than 2 years back though, so a lot might have changed. I doubt it though as WC never fixed their number overflows and if they reserved 8 bit for levels per stat it is most likely still the same

• First off thanks for this thread :D

While we wait for maybe something to make mindwipes more fun to do, and not have the hassle of relearning everything etc, this is awesome.

Just need to do some bossfights and ascensions again :D

for dinos it reset the stat and you lost all levels you put into it. This is more than 2 years back though, so a lot might have changed. I doubt it though as WC never fixed their number overflows and if they reserved 8 bit for levels per stat it is most likely still the same

Can say that on GD now we can have 255 stat. It wont reset to 0 or 1 at restart. It just wont let you spend any points so 255 is what you have. Unlike with 253 which you can still spend points to 353.

• Yeah, not what I meant Theooo :-D Was just talking about XP-levels, we were always able to grant "Base Level + 255 XP levels". Not sure if more than 255 base levels were possible, never hat that much mutations as mutating sucks

• Yeah, not what I meant Theooo :-D Was just talking about XP-levels, we were always able to grant "Base Level + 255 XP levels". Not sure if more than 255 base levels were possible, never hat that much mutations as mutating sucks

Remember leitna breeding rexes like crazy? He confirmed back then that 255 base levels is max.