ARK PvE tips&tricks

• This thread is created as a response to recent discussion in Discord - to collect a lot of useful information, tips and tricks to improve everyone's gameplay. Note that this should only contain things related to GD PvE cluster, our mods and settings. You can share your ideas, advices, questions, links to yt videos - and I will update this post to gather it all in one place and create a nice collection. You can submit everything you can think of - best ways and places to farm resources, how to run certain caves/bosses/OSD, building tips, everything that puzzled you at some point and can be useful for others.

This thread will be updated regularly.

Breeding tips:

Building tips:

Farming/ obtaining resources:

Taming:

Misc:

Issues:

Edited 4 times, last by Kat ().

• Farming:

For a SS Domesticated Beehive to properly water your plants put any SSpipe+Tap within it's range and the watering will work properly

Place 3-4 Dung Beetles and one big dino in a soul storage and hold "E > Options > Automation" and enable Poop Collection and Dung Beetle Covert fertlizier option to get fertlizier without sacrificing dino slots

Taming:

When taming smaller creatures like Daedons, Ankys, Doeds. Place a SS Vacuum Compartment over it before it becomes agressive and open the top porthole, fly with Tek chest and shoot it untill it sleeps

You can also place SS Vacuum Compartments on top of a sleeping dinos to keep them safe, building is TEK tier and cannot be destroyed by wild dinos, simply pick it up whenever the tame is done.

• Prime Crystal Storage:

You can store Prime Crystal in a Dedicated Tek Storage by using the transfer tool. This way it won't spoil

Taming Pens/Traps:
    Check out the videos from Captain FatDog. As low as you can get on material usage and very good and easy to follow short videos on how to build the traps for the specific creatures

Edited once, last by leno ().

• Farm metal on Aberration using a spino guardian, an anky with a tribemate, and a high-weight crabbo. Use a lightpet to ward off the nameless.

Alternatively, you can add a paracer with a platform saddle and a transmitter to that party. As the paracer's weight fills up, upload the metal so you can keep going for longer. If you have access to magmasaurs, substitute the anky in that party with one as its much faster and better at gathering pretty much all resources.

Crystal farming: go on abe with a weight dino and an anky and gather all the green gem clusters you can carry. In the SS grinder you can turn any color gem into crystal at the rate of 2 gems for 1 crystal. After you put all the gems you want to convert into the grinder, click on the crystal recipe and a "craft all instant" button will appear in the middle of the menu for insta-crafting.

• Crystal farming: go on abe with a weight dino and an anky and gather all the green gem clusters you can carry. In the SS grinder you can turn any color gem into crystal at the rate of 2 gems for 1 crystal. After you put all the gems you want to convert into the grinder, click on the crystal recipe and a "craft all instant" button will appear in the middle of the menu for insta-crafting.

I would take a bronto with imprint, good melee and weight to the lunar biome on Genesis, you can get a ridiculous amount of crystal, wood, and fiber this way.

• I would take a bronto with imprint, good melee and weight to the lunar biome on Genesis, you can get a ridiculous amount of crystal, wood, and fiber this way.

Last time I tried to farm crystal there (a couple months ago admittedly) I could only do it by hand, good to know that I can do it with dinos now.

• Any advice for fast exp?

First thing to do on any new server is notes run on the island map (60-80lvl in 15 minutes even with official rates). If gathering rates are high then crafting rafts would be a good idea (it's easy to get mats for that with easy to get dinos). If you have gigas or someone can give you them then killing giga babies is awesome.