What's wrong with the giga? (Allow Giga on Genesis)

• BUT we will block any usage of the Giganotosaurus.

I know that this decision is final and meeting is over and it's not going to change (at least not anytime soon) and I'm not trying to (as you can see didn't open this thread in PvE suggestion)

I just want to know why are gigas so unanimously hated here? I mean even gachas have a few supporters that whenever someone speak ill of them will put out the argument of "well if you don't like them, don't use them" regardless of whether they are op or not, or whether they cause lag or not. Why can't the same argument be used about gigas? What's so bad about them that singles them out of all the dinos to be banned?

• I just want to know why are gigas so unanimously hated here? I mean even gachas have a few supporters that whenever someone speak ill of them will put out the argument of "well if you don't like them, don't use them" regardless of whether they are op or not, or whether they cause lag or not. Why can't the same argument be used about gigas? What's so bad about them that singles them out of all the dinos to be banned?

This is a very good question and one I ask myself.

What you don't know Kboty is that here on GD we are strong believers in magic and fairy tales. The giga on GD is a magical creature with special powers that other dinos do not possess. They do something called damage that other dinos just dream of having. And if you mutate them to over 100 in melee damage, they turn into a clearly overpowered creature that shoots lasers out of the eyes and poops gold. You now just need to look at a purple drop to instantly clear 100 lvls and you will become richer than you ever could imagine.

I have not seen it myself yet, but I have been told by numerous people that this is true.

• I don't think that you understand it right. The owners want a balanced and challenging gameplay on PvE. And that is not achieved with "if you don't like it, don't use it", because wildcard keeps adding op stuff.

They can't forbid Gachas anymore, that's to late - I would prefer forbidding them. But they are "only" op in giving ressources.

Missions give you heaxgons and with that you can buy blueprints and other op gear and saddles.

The same like from a purple drop. But if you want to clear a purple drop, you have to get good gigas (like that mentioned 100 dmg gigas). It's hard work and you earn the loot.

For the missions you only need one giga, no matter how good, not even a good level required. And that's the point. It's to easy with a giga. There are missions that are to easy with other dinos aswell, but if there is an easy way to keep some missions challenging, why not do it?

It has to be balanced. Somehow. Thats pretty hard to do with all the new stuff added from wildcard and the many many ways to use glitches and other stuff, but I think the owners are doing a very good job at keeping it a bit balanced.

• Imo there is nothing wrong with Gigas, I would have allowed to bring them as they do not give that much of an advantage. Some alpha quests are really really easy with them while a lot of other quests cannot be done with a Giga due to enrage mechanics. But there are already mssions giving you more than 30k hexagons in 5 minutes or less. Also if you want to farm ressources or BPs there are still easier and faster ways to do so like hunting drops on Crystal Isles.

This opinion is btw not shared by some of the team members and to me it did not matter that much so we block them from Genesis.

• We did a lot of missions with gigas on official,well at least tried them and as gunnsen said,you can’t use them for every mission and also they enrage very quickly if you don’t have a good saddle ,so they are not op ,if you go to official you still see people doing it with other dinos and not just gigas because gigas don’t work everywhere,that’s what makes the missions so special ,you can’t just put some gigas in a leash and smash everything you need different tactics for the missions.With gigas you also get way better loot on extinction so yeah it doesn’t really makes a difference.Also imo look at the op rexes that people will bring over ,with those rexes they will be able to do these missions with ease as well sooo l..idk.But they are disabled and I don’t really care anyways ,just my opinion on how they are not actually that op on gen like everyone first thinks 🤗

• Saddles dont even have an effect on Giga Enrage since February. Changes this year on the enrage

• Now longer is the Giga enraged from any kind of fall damage
    • The rage mechanic is now based on Damage taken before damage reduction from external sources like the Giganotosaurus Saddle or the roar buff of the Yutyrannus
    • Increased damage required to enrage a Giga by 55%

So as I said, most quests will be impossible to do with a Giga at least on alpha difficulty. But I also get that people woked really hard to get their missions done and allowing other players to cheese out some of these ultra hard missions looks to them like they are losing stuff. Never got why players are offended when other players waited for an "easy way patch", but as I said, it did not bother us that much if Gigas are allowed so for the sake of a peaceful atmosphere we blocked them ^^

• Sure Im biased, cuz Id love to have my gigas on genesis.
    But to think that it will fix the ez alpha farm is just wrong. The other heavily breeded dinos (theris/rexes/spinos) will already take care of em while watching netflix.
    Then again I realize this decision is made and nothing will be changed...unfortunately for me and the other giga breeders out there.

• In fact this decision is not as carved in stone as i.e. the dino soul limit. This decision was not made out of technical reasons. The soul limit is mandatory to make sure our servers are running stable and in best case even lag free and having tons of souls are a thread to that. But thats is another topic :-D

The decision about those Gigas were made because some players feared that opening Genesis to the current Giga lines might be to imbalanced. Our admins tested it with their OP Gigas and deemed some missions to be too easy (Rock Golem was down in under 4 minutes, only taking 3 bites per station + 6 bites in the final fight). We agreed with that being too easy even though there are other quests that are as easy (not quite as fast though, our personal record is 5:30 for Alpha Moeder with 1 player and 6 minutes for Alpha Mound Over Matter with skiff) but you need to prepare them and /or at lest show some skill.

If we get the impression that most player do not like that decision we can easily activate Gigas at any time now,m all it takes is a quick restart. But I'd like to give it another chance without Gigas and see if the maps get populated again. Currently it just makes no sense to go there as you never will find enough players to do the harder missions, so we opened up at least the transfer of other breeding lines. If players still do not play there we might allow Gigas so you can do at least some of those missions alone (even though it well be really hard cause of enrage mechanics).

P.S.: No misunderstandings: That decision stands for now, it was a team decision and we will of course enforce it. But we might rethink it later on

• It has to be balanced. Somehow. Thats pretty hard to do with all the new stuff added from wildcard and the many many ways to use glitches and other stuff, but I think the owners are doing a very good job at keeping it a bit balanced.

Very well put! This I 100% agree with even though I do not agree with all decisions.

If we get the impression that most player do not like that decision we can easily activate Gigas at any time now,m all it takes is a quick restart. But I'd like to give it another chance without Gigas and see if the maps get populated again. Currently it just makes no sense to go there as you never will find enough players to do the harder missions, so we opened up at least the transfer of other breeding lines. If players still do not play there we might allow Gigas so you can do at least some of those missions alone (even though it well be really hard cause of enrage mechanics).

P.S.: No misunderstandings: That decision stands for now, it was a team decision and we will of course enforce it. But we might rethink it later on

My biggest fear is that we make it too hard for people and hence scare them away. So, this I'm good with.

• Like i said in the transfer thread, not a big fan of balancing Servers based on opinions. 3 People with rexes/spinos can spam every alpha mission now, but solo player have a big disadvantage. And with grindable mission loot u wont need gigas anyway for ressource farming, for blueprints maybe - but this is a big maybe.

• Well. I have to admit. You changed my mind a bit.

You are right. I can bring as many dinos as I want to a mission. So 5 of that op Rexes are the same as one Giga...

So maybe nearly every mission is easy in a way, but you need to find the easiest way and you need time/work for that. In the end the loot will be earned. If you used a giga or not...

• Missions give you heaxgons and with that you can buy blueprints and other op gear and saddles.

I haven't opened any loot crate on this cluster but from my experience on a official server it's not worth your time to do it that way. here is a video I found that opens 150 tier 3 box (worth 5.25 million hexagon points, which takes really long time to farm)

https://youtu.be/RKA7hxyatB4?t=1060 (start at 17:40 if the link doesn't take you to the timestamp)

You can see how much random trash he gets and how much actual useful stuff for his 150 box. You can even hear him say "We didn't get any giga saddles on this video but I have seen them before" (go to 28:00 if the link doesn't take you to the timestamp)

He clearly gets less than 150 blueprints, saddles, and Tek gears combined. Most of which useless (for dinos that don't need good saddle or below 130 armor) The only really good things he gets out of them is a 169 armor rex saddle and 103 armor spino blueprint.

I had a very similar experience opening 30-40 boxes so I gave up on that and kept to using my hexagon for buying mats only.

• tbh i farmed alot of hexagon nearly opened many of them. all are giving like fertilizer and poop and other shits.may be some ppl get lucky n get some op stuffs at their first try.and ya if u want to do all mission u need many ppl u cant do it solo, at the starting of genesis many players joined together n completed their missions.u cant do the mission its not easy to alpha solo or duo.if u guys allowed the giga it would help some ppl to complete the mission only some mission not every mission. some mission are way too hard.genesis loot t3 crate is biggest scam xd.also many ppls have op spinos n other dinos they will do missions with ez.

• Gunnsen

Added the Label In discussion
  • Gunnsen

Changed the title of the thread from “What's wrong with the giga?” to “What's wrong with the giga? (Allow Giga on Genesis)”.
  • Kogadins

Closed the thread.
  • Kogadins

Set the Label from In discussion to Accepted