[PvE] Allow flyers to pickup wild dinos

• As you know all flyers ability to pickup wild dino is disabled on PvE and it's only able to pick your own tames. When I asked for reason I heard things like "duh its PvE" or "to prevent taking alpha dino to someone base and destroy it". Later I checked wiki and realized they never had the ability to pick alphas. (not even alpha raptor) and exactly because "it's PvE" that we need the flyer to have this function (what other use does a Quetzal have other than picking wild dinos to move to traps in a safe place to assist your tames? There is no soaking in PvE and it's useless for farming (compared to argy that picks both anky and doedi and is much faster and easier to tame and breed, or you just use the skiff in endgame))

And we already have this rule: "Luring dinos to bases is forbidden (unless it is your own base)."

If someone wants to break it they don't need a Quetzal to do so.

• I agree and disagree in a same time.

Agree - cause it killing dinos like Karkinos, which can pick up dino and you easily can KO him without a trap (so it's a pocket trap for average size dinos), or bring Ovis safely to your base, to feed a cake.

Disagree - cause there will be 100% those retards who will decide to spam your base with scorpions/terror birds etc. People can't really get on with simple rule to pickup dino trap after taming, and you want them to not harass beach bobs, or not soaking turrets/plants of other players...

• Disagree - cause there will be 100% those retards who will decide to spam your base with scorpions/terror birds etc. People can't really get on with simple rule to pickup dino trap after taming, and you want them to not harass beach bobs, or not soaking turrets/plants of other players...

• On the other hand, we have souls now and only very few tames have to be outside a soulball while the player is offline. Achantia maybe some Ovis for wool or a Tuso or two for oil?

So what could possibly go wrong if someone breaks the rules by dropping wild dinos in your base? Aslong as you did not build your walls with the weakest materials they can't do damage even if they aggro on something inside your base and want to get there. Breeding can be done in a safe (enclosed) environment too even with Gigas. If you don't wanna build a safe "hall" for breeding you could set a few tames up as guards, there are a few way to counter a possible rule break. As soon as you reach TEK level you could setup a shield to prevent wild dino drops...

Or am I wrong with this assumption?

So basically the only downside is that you would have to keep the few tames that really need to be outside locked in a pen that is completely closed so nothing wild can get in. Ah yes and of course you would have to kill the wild creatures when you log back in but that is something I would do with a smile aslong as it does not happen daily and since it is against the rules it hopefully would not happen daily.

I would love to have the carry ability back as it can be helpful and enables small tribes and solo players to be more effective. On the other hand each freedom players get tend to be abused at least in some way too. But my trust in our community is greater then the "fear" of the few trolls that come to our cluster every now and then. If someone trolls and is seen doing this he will face the consequences.

I would like to suggest a trial period with the carry setting enabled again. Maybe not on the most populated servers first if it can be set per server. That way we can see if this gets abused alot or not. If no absuse happens we could allow it on all servers again or slowly open up more servers on a step by step basis.

• "it's PvE" that we need the flyer to have this function (what other use does a Quetzal have other than picking wild dinos to move to traps in a safe place to assist your tames

Exactly, this is PvE. And where is this E we're supposed to deal with, if we could just pick up wild dinos and drop them in a safe trap? Where are the dangers and challenges of Environment? That would just make taming too easy, and it's easy enough already with ascendant longnecks, shocking darts, owls and all that stuff.

• Gunnsen

Added the Label Declined
  • 1. What Kat said

2. What Hotcake and tomscorer said

We discussed this a lot of times in the past. We even activated grab on Genesis as there are no flyers and as soon as skiffs were a thing (we did not know skiffs had a tractor beam right after release) we had people moving wild dinos to other player bases. If someone would have dropped an agressive dino in our beautiful genesis base that is mostly made out of wood and thatch (yes, full on PvE base) I would have raged that the incredible Hulk was looking like a gummybear compared to me.

/Declined