• Hi, what do you think about opening Genesis? The "hype" is over... when i check servers i only see few ppl on them ... AH on gen is empty

And we have 2 gen servers so....

1) Open both

OR

2) Open 1 server and other make "hard core" (closed, like now), but enable transfers between gen 1&2 before opening so ppl can decide where they wanna play

• The question has already been put to the team several times and the answer will still remain the same. As long as we don't take a responsible approach to the possibilities of what long-term breeding dinosaurs bring with them to farm the missions. Or the possibility of bringing dinosaurs that are not able to tame on that map we cannot allow a complete transfer because it would destroy the server. I hope nobody wants that.

Greetings Mschmidi

• Dont think anyone actively playing wants to destroy the server.

I do think that some people have ideas that might make people enjoy the cluster as whole more. Hence this question gets brought up quite a few times already. Same with people wanting to have transfer out of CI. They like to enjoy the sandbox the way they prefer.

On the mission farm, and I guess you mean blueprint farm, point you made. Couldn't you lower loot quality to combat that? So It's not a viable way of farming for bps.
    Or with the 1 open and 1 closed approach Desteny mentioned, have it so the closed still has the way to get 300+% dmg blueprints, and the open one would be 25% or 10% of the lootquality, so everyone just knows its not gonna be the way to farm bp's kinda like normal drops arent ;)

Anyways those are my 2cts.

• For me it sounds overprotective, Genesis is no safespace that needs protection. Its dieing like Extinction early 2019 - While i did understand the problems with Extinction, Genesis is already done, ppl know how to spam missions without dinos from other maps. Some ppl are going to spam missions with 88+ Gigas, but i dont think its a real problem.

Most of the time it helps to discuss the problems, maybe some ppl from the community have new points of view for Genesis and the transfer.

• Honestly with the hype done, I would favour transfers being open. With current base building rules in place, it should be fine. This change allows people to breed water dinos on other maps, and would allow people to complete missions without relying on others (on higher difficulties).

I think a narrow-minded approach of "keeping transfers closed because I want things to remain as is" which a few people are espousing is not healthy as no one really wants to "destroy" the server. Have noticed a lot of people saying this so idk and seen a lot of no-honour play going around, but there are (I hope) several discussions going on to try and combat this.

Also this is PvE what is the point of having long-term bred dinos if you are not going to use them? More people farming missions = more blueprints to go around and people can actually get things done without having to spend GC on buying stuff like GC and crafts from others.

Ark is a game to be enjoyed. Pretty sure it isn't a marketplace for a significant majority of the players who come to GD.

Also disagree with the two server system. Either open both or leave both closed. Doesn't seem fair to the players who built on one of the maps to be penalized for not being able to transfer by virtue of the server they started on. Same issue with the two-server, two loot-pool system.

Given that it has been around 4-5 months since genesis has been released and a LOT of people have finished the alpha boss on both maps, there is no reason to still keep it closed imo.

Also having no voting-rewards on genesis needs to be changed. Same reason as above.

• Genesis is now 4 month old, so I agree with open up the map to get the sandbox feeling back. And I don't think that you will get better items compared to other maps. If you have a giga you can do OSDs aswell to get good items.

I hope Crystal Isles will open up on july 11th, too. Then the map will be 1 month old.

• If the concern is people bringing none available dinos to Genesis then isn't there a way to put a limit on what you can transfer, like aberration has? I know a few people who said they would actually start to play genesis if they could transfer over stuff to build a base because they don't want to start over.

In regards to people being able to farm BPs other maps already have ways players can do that. Extinction has OSDs, Rag has the lava golem etc.

Even official has transfer of dinos that aren't flyers or manas.

I agree that opening the servers would bring players back to Genesis and make it fun again. Why not put it to a vote and let the players decide?

• If the concern is people bringing none available dinos to Genesis then isn't there a way to put a limit on what you can transfer, like aberration has

even better, with dino storage you can disable all dino downloads and define which types of dinos can be released on the map, which gives total control.

• This may not be the right place to ask, but - if i want to start on GEn, which should i choose, i cannot imagine there will be a gen1 and Gen2 forever with such low population, seems like a waste, so, when the day comes, which one will you drop ?

Im really new here and cant find anything about this in other forums, may have missed it

• This may not be the right place to ask, but - if i want to start on GEn, which should i choose, i cannot imagine there will be a gen1 and Gen2 forever with such low population, seems like a waste, so, when the day comes, which one will you drop ?

Im really new here and cant find anything about this in other forums, may have missed it

• Official doesn't care about game breaking, Official runs by WC and they will keep opening servers and won't support anything, here it's unofficial, there are reasons some people don't like official.

In here the owners look closely into anything that can ruin the server's atmosphere or beyond it, to make sure to avoid it, that's why genesis is closed cause they are aware of a lot of problems that can't be dealt with when opening the servers in, not just out.

In my eyes even if the hype is done, it will be too easy to farm all of the things there with 100+ melee gigas, osd's did enough of damage.

You will never need to farm anything if you go to genesis. simple as that. like Kat said, if there are settings to make it better, I am up for that one.

Official PvP and PvE Genesis servers has been open for more than a month now, If it was anything game breaking they would have known by now, I also wish to see Genesis servers open up.

• You will never need to farm anything if you go to genesis. simple as that.

If I may ask as a player that hasn't yet played a single minute on either Genesis-Server, how do you get rid of the need to farm?

I know that you can almost completely get rid of harvesting ressources with Extinction's Gachas but since those are not available on Genesis, I'd really like to know how you manage to get rid of harvesting otherwise. Sorry for straying off topic here a little bit, but I am curious. ;)

• If I may ask as a player that hasn't yet played a single minute on either Genesis-Server, how do you get rid of the need to farm?

I know that you can almost completely get rid of harvesting ressources with Extinction's Gachas but since those are not available on Genesis, I'd really like to know how you manage to get rid of harvesting otherwise. Sorry for straying off topic here a little bit, but I am curious. ;)

The HLN-A Hexagon Exchange. You can do missions for Hexagons, and buy stuff with those hexagons.
    But its like you already mentioned, people dont have to farm anyways with gachas being there. For this farm you at the very least have to do missions.

So imho its still not as nice as gachas. Just an extra way of not having to farm old fashion way.

• at least with gachas you need to feed them if not they will starve, Hexagons you can keep and just go to a million if you even want to, the point is that I didn't talk only about gunpowder or wood or stuff like that, also talked about loot quality you get, compared to extinction, I find loot on genesis more OP.

Just my opinion, don't rush me with hate ^^

• at least with gachas you need to feed them if not they will starve, Hexagons you can keep and just go to a million if you even want to, the point is that I didn't talk only about gunpowder or wood or stuff like that, also talked about loot quality you get, compared to extinction, I find loot on genesis more OP.

Just my opinion, don't rush me with hate ^^

Loot is something that u can regulate.... so admins /Gunnsen can decrease lootquality.

About dinos that are not allowed (lets help admins ;) ):

1) Gachas
    2) Gigas (i gues most of you would say)

any other dinos that you dont wanna see on gen?