Allow grinding of mission loot on genesis

• Since the Super Structures Grinder (SS Grinder) now has an option to allow loot to be ground down to the base components, can this be enabled? It will be very useful since a lot of the loot from most missions is not going to be used in any case? I think a lot of people will agree with this.

• Genesis is one of the easiest maps to farm most mats apart from organic poly and there are still good ways to farm it, just takes a bit longer than other maps. I don't think it is about difficulty more just getting some use out of all the useless junk you get that you can't do anything with but throw away.

• Genesis is one of the easiest maps to farm most mats apart from organic poly and there are still good ways to farm it, just takes a bit longer than other maps. I don't think it is about difficulty more just getting some use out of all the useless junk you get that you can't do anything with but throw away.

i mean in the endgame yes. But if you could just non stop grind Missions for stuff in the early game it would be to easy i think

• i mean in the endgame yes. But if you could just non stop grind Missions for stuff in the early game it would be to easy i think

I dont think it would be. You could quite easily get just as much resources from farming the same time as you do the mission. Why shouldnt it be just as rewarding? You only get like 25% of the resources anyway. The only things that might be too much to be grinded are things like titano saddles... but why should one thing be to the detriment of all the others?

• I dont think it would be. You could quite easily get just as much resources from farming the same time as you do the mission. Why shouldnt it be just as rewarding? You only get like 25% of the resources anyway. The only things that might be too much to be grinded are things like titano saddles... but why should one thing be to the detriment of all the others?

Thank you.

This was asked in the last weekly Q & A.

But they had to discuss it in their next meeting before they could answer it.

Putting a suggestion here always helps.

i mean in the endgame yes. But if you could just non stop grind Missions for stuff in the early game it would be to easy i think

Yeah it's not like people grind missions the second they spawn into the map. This is not a good argument...

• I remember we were so bummed when we found out the loot couldnt be grinded down.
    Managed to still build big and crafted whatever we liked. Just needed to do a bit more work for it. (no snails, no gachas, no grinding).

For solo players I think it would be really nice to enable it. Since solo farming is always harder.

Either way Im always of the opinion people should play they want to play, especially on a pve server. So enable it and people that say its to OP dont have to use it.

Putting a suggestion here always helps.

Just wanted to let you know it was asked and they said they would let us know.

But having the discussion is always good I agree :)

• I remember we were so bummed when we found out the loot couldnt be grinded down.
    Managed to still build big and crafted whatever we liked. Just needed to do a bit more work for it. (no snails, no gachas, no grinding).

For solo players I think it would be really nice to enable it. Since solo farming is always harder.

Either way Im always of the opinion people should play they want to play, especially on a pve server. So enable it and people that say its to OP dont have to use it.

THANK YOU.

• Thats true too. wasnt thinking about that

• Gunnsen

Added the Label In discussion
  • I havn't played on the Genesis map yet, but heard that you can not transfer any stuff to it, only away from it. Is that still true?

If so you still have to do a completly fresh start once you decide to get over there and build a base. So you don't get any other advantage then your already leveled character. Yes that is a nice thing but since you transfer over as the ARK gods made you, it still the same hard work for everyone to get up and running or not?

And as long as Gacha-Loot-Grinding is still allowed on official, I don't see why you should not allow mission loot grinding here. The time invested should yield something and it really feels odd if you just "throw away" loot that you would not use personally and no one would transfer loot over to other maps to recycle it there since you transfer on a 1 item per slot basis instead of one stack of resources per slot.

Are there any Gachas on Genesis?

• Started on Gen 2. Ran missions. Didn't need loot, tossed it. Also, by the time you can even MAKE a grinder in the first place, you are more or less far past the point of needing the mats you would grind from the mission loot in the first place. The only viable argument I could really see for not enabling it would be targeting specific mats from mission loot, such as organic poly or black pear;s; like others have said though, that's not impossible to get. Most of us who are in supports of this already put the time in the make it big w/o the use of mission loot. Would it be nice to have? Sure. Is it a necessity to the player base? Not really, bust waste not, want not. :)

• Gunnsen

Set the Label from In discussion to Accepted