Genesis cave release

• As far as I know, there's no artifact or drop caves in Genesis. But the mission areas count as caves, and they cover half the damn map. Couple that with no fliers, and it's super annoying. So could it be possible to enable dino release in caves for Genesis?

If not, or if there's artifacts and exploits, then I understand.

• There are several setting in Dino Storage Mod for Soul Releases. I am currently testing, which setup is correct for Genesis and if I find one I will bring this to the team. We already had a discussion about this but decided to do the tests before we have any further discussions.

• Gunnsen

Added the Label In discussion
  • There are several setting in Dino Storage Mod for Soul Releases. I am currently testing, which setup is correct for Genesis and if I find one I will bring this to the team. We already had a discussion about this but decided to do the tests before we have any further discussions.

Okay.

Thing is, I wouldn't care much about this otherwise (I was against cheesing caves with cryos before), but the most resource-dense areas I found are in mission areas. That means I have to teleport, farm until I fill my weight dinos, teleport back to base, and teleport back after I drop off the resources. But when I come back for another round of farming, I can't just throw my dinos where I left off, I have to throw them outside the mission area and lead them back. And with no fliers that's very slow, I spend more time taking them to and from the resource areas than I spend on the actual farming.

Anyway, I trust that you guys will do what's best for the cluster. If that will mean no cave release on Genesis, I'll be okay with it.

• instead of throwing your dino out on the ground, most of the mission areas have a height limit. Since day 1, i will just jump up high with blood stalker, dismount, throw out dino soul, and parachute down. soul up your blood stalker, and be on your way.

• I do get you frustration Exo, it is annoying sometimes but I still like it as it is. The way it is increases the knowledge you need to have for the map. As Harambe says there is almost always some smart way to release them. It also makes you use several dinos to get to one farm as soon as possible, and therefore more dinos are viable to use. The best farm spots are also less crowded since they usually takes the longest to get to. I am glad this is tested before implemented, if at all. Some areas (like the volcano) need to be treated as a cave.

• I've since taken to using the s+ personal teleporter to farm. I go to where I want to farm, place a beacon, teleport back to base, and teleport my dinos to the beacon in the mission area. For taking the resources back, I throw them on the ground and pick them up with a whip. Then I teleport myself back to base but leave my tames there. After I leave the metal in the forges and the other resources in storage, I teleport back to the beacon and continue farming. This works even better with at least one other person. They farm while I'm gone, and by the time I'm back I have another batch of resources to teleport back with.

But although this method works VERY well, I'm aware not everyone can do it. Not everyone has the necessary tek engrams or tek equipment to pull it off. Still, I urge you to go on another map in the cluster and do the bosses there for the teleporter tek engram. It will be very worth it.

• Soul balls is a mod, the base game has a command which you can activate buildings or not, it has nothing to do with the mod, if we had cryos we could of still released in those areas, because soul traps disallow soul trapping inside caves, it marks the mission area as caves also, so it creates a problem.