you're probably as excited as we are: The new Genesis DLC - Part 1 will be released on February 25th. It currently looks like there will be no further delay of this date. Therefore, we would like to inform you about our plans for the new DLC.
The good news in advance: Both the PvP cluster and the PvE cluster will receive their own genesis server. However, we will do things differently on both clusters.
PvE Cluster - Genesis:
- The new Genesis server will be deployed as soon as possible after the Genesis release
- We know that many of you want to test the new DLC and will offer more than 50 slots to meet the demand
- The transfer of items and dinos will be completely blocked in both directions (from and to Genesis)
- However, you can travel to and from Genesis with your character
- The further planning for the item and dino transfers will be announced in the next few weeks after a detailed assessment of the new DLC
- There will be no voting rewards on the Genesis server for the first four weeks. We are still discussing the possibility of a Genesis exclusive Auction House during the first few weeks
PvP Cluster - Genesis and Season 2:
- The PvP cluster will be wiped on friday after Genesis release. Genesis will be available then.
- Season 2 will include the following maps: Valguero, Ragnarok, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis
- Most of the dinos from Extinction and Abberation will also spawn on Valguero
- Element transfers will be disabled
- Teaming will be forbidden
- There will be no voting rewards within the first two weeks
- ORP will stay the same with minor optimizations
- All plugins will be updated to the newest version
- Other settings will remain the same like in season 1
Genesis on GhostData
We are trying to get Genesis added to GhostData as soon as possible after the release, but this might take a bit of time. We are also working on optimizations for GhostData that we are planning to rollout at the same time.
Important note for the release:
Expect bugs! Expect many bugs! Expect gamebreaking bugs! We will probably run into a lot of issues, especially with some mods and plugins. We are trying our best to solve things as soon as possible if even possible. A lot of stuff will be broken and Wildcard will flood us with patches the days after Genesis release. This is not in our hands and therefore we ask for your understanding and patience.