Love evolved details

• Now that the Valentine's Day Event, a.k.a. Ark Love Evolved, has started, everyone is on the hunt for chibis. So let's help each other, so that everyone gets the chibis they want.

How can you do that? Share any relevant details you want to here. What chibis you got, on what map you got them, the quality of the rod you used, or any other detail you think made a difference. Do you have any good fishing spots and strategies? You can share those too.

I'm at work right now, but as soon as I get home and start fishing, I'll start sharing my findings. Happy reeling to everyone ^^

• Okay so I started fishing and here are the results:

•You can only fish for coelachant and get event loot, so the announcement was correct. I haven't seen sabertooth salmon or phyranna for the event.

•The event fish have heart particles to differentiate them from normal fish.

Chibis ARE NOT map specific. You don't need to fish on rag for a Griffin chibi, for example. I got that chibi on abe, as well as some other flyer chibis.

This one is confirmed. I got the titanosaur chibi on aberration, so chibis are not map specific. Fish anywhere for any chibi, it's simply luck based.

•Rod quality doesn't seem to count as far as chibis are concerned. Each event fish has a guaranteed chibi if you reel it in. It might count for candies though, since I'm getting tons of them with a MC 363% rod.

This is confirmed, but only partially.. Rod quality increases how many candies you get, and the quality of candies, but doesn't affect chibi drops. I've gotten the titanosaur chibi with a crappy rod. However, not all the fish contain chibis, I've caught a few that gave candies, but no chibi.

•Not all maps have these fish, only the story maps: Island, Scorched Earth (if there's fish there), Aberration, and Extinction. I haven't seen any on Center, and I'm curious if people have seen any on Rag or Valg.

People have seen event fish on Rag, so I guess I was just unlucky on Center.

•Fish level and quality doesn't seem to matter, though it's hard for me to keep track of which fish have what loot.

Confirmed. Some people told me that they got both candies and good chibis from small fish with poor quality, myself included.

I won't list all the chibis I got cause I have tons already. The more interesting ones I have are spino, Griffin, and thyla.

My strategy: go on aberration, in any river in the green zone. Tons of coelacanth. Kill the normal fish off, and fish only for the event ones that are left. If you fish on any other map, just get a pelagornis since you can fish on it like from a chair and it floats on water. Better than a raft.

Good luck, and I'm waiting for anyone else's results and advice ^^

• The quality of the fishing rod doesn't give you more chibbis or a better chance to get a better chibbi, the better quality of the rod = the better quality of the loot in a sense to normal loot BP's/Items.

So please stop buying rods from people unless you want it for the good loot of the undersea ^^ (Not Event)

-DorIdose :)

Happy Valentines Day~^-^

• I can confirm that Valentines Coels are spawning an ALL maps but in very varying numbers. Island, Valguero, Ragnarok and Aberration should be your place to fish, SE, Center and Extinction have only very few spawns (but at least on SE you know exactly where to find these few spawns).

• I can confirm that Valentines Coels are spawning an ALL maps but in very varying numbers. Island, Valguero, Ragnarok and Aberration should be your place to fish, SE, Center and Extinction have only very few spawns (but at least on SE you know exactly where to find these few spawns).

Aberration is crazy. The green zone river where otters spawn is chock full of coels. I stop with my raft over the otter spawn points, kill off all of the normal coels, and it takes me half an hour to fish for all of the remaining ones.