Add missing Items to S+ Dedicated Storage

• I am not sure if this was suggested before, so sorry if it was.

The S+ Dedicated Storage "Set Rescource" List is incomplete. Many Items and Recources can not be added to the S+ version.

As mentioned in this Google Docs (Instructions) it is possible to add more Items by edditing the GameUserSettings.ini. I am not sure, but i think at an Online Server this has to be done at the Server Config.

https://drive.google.com/drive…nllQUQvvmN6GRYMCBT4y83kBm

It would be nice to have all the Rescources available to be stored in the S+ Dedicated Storages.

Greets,

Barlean

• I think adding items could cause problems or sth, but there is a very simple workaround:

1) Use normal Tek Dedis (not s+)

2) Put in whatever you want (literally no limitation)

3) Wait for next server restart where they will keep their inventory, yet be turned into S+, making it into a working S+ Storage for whatever you want to put in

• As far as i read, adding Items shouldnt cause any problems. Also added Items wich do not exist are just ignored.

I know your workaround, but in my opinion its a workaround and no solution. Also it would cause the problem, that you could never relocate your storages without building new ones.

• I think adding items could cause problems or sth, but there is a very simple workaround:

1) Use normal Tek Dedis (not s+)

2) Put in whatever you want (literally no limitation)

3) Wait for next server restart where they will keep their inventory, yet be turned into S+, making it into a working S+ Storage for whatever you want

Isnt that bug abusing?

• Gunnsen

Added the Label In discussion
  • I noticed even some of vanilla Items are missing (like cooked lamb chop/cooked mutton) also there some minor inconvenience like non SS version not snapping or it having lower hp than your other boxes or the whole bypassing SS version high cost by turning normal ones into SS on server restart

• bypassing SS version high cost by turning normal ones into SS on server restar

Am I missing something here maybe? Is there a huge advantage of the moded version vs. the vanilla version that I don't know of yet? If it is just the fact that they snap and have more HP (which on a PVE cluster is a thing that does not matter at all) that would not justify the higher and way more exotic material cost to begin with.

So I don't really see a problem in the use of vanilla versions and the conversion of them to the moded version on server restart.

• Is there a huge advantage of the moded version vs. the vanilla version that I don't know of yet?

from my personal testing items inside normal dedibox get the bonus of fridge and spoil 100x slower but do actually spoil and number on dedibox goes down, while items inside SS dedibox never spoil and number on dedibox always stay same no matter how long time you wait (I tested this while inside power of tek gen for both case)

so normal one is as good as normal fridge while SS version is as good as tek fridge which needs king titan beta trophy to craft

• no no, I was just saying that if it's fixed (missing items are added to the list) then we don't need the workaround of converting every normal dedibox into SS box on server restarts. then ThePassionateGamer asked why is that a bad thing and I explained that they are stronger. and I don't think they are super hard to make as you can farm normal leech blood and mix it with blood pack (you get with Blood Extraction Syringe) in the grinder or tek lab to make ammonite bile.

• Yup yup. In fact, since vanilla boxes convert to SS ones anyway, I'd suggest changing crafting costs of SS version to match vanilla one. Noone is going to grind it for extra resources anyway, since you can't get element back when grinding.

• Ok so their spoil times are way better...ok didn't know that. Thx for clearing that up.

Yes that makes them more powerful but still IMHO it the crafting cost don't match the advantage it brings. We only have very few items that can be farmed in smaller ammounts. Like Wyvern milk or Nameless poison for example. Most other stuff does not really matter if it spoils at normal fridge rate or not because you normally produce/farm/grow way more and quicker then you ever could lose it from spoiling. And you normally don't raise a big number of Wyverns and or Rock Drakes.

So at least for me the current way is ok. We could aswell do what Kat said and adjust the crafting cost accordingly to match the vanilla cost.

• I mean, if the crafting cost is the problem and has brought out an issue where an entire community has created a freely-shared workaround to avoid paying said cost for items.....why not just change the stupid crafting costs instead of forcing all the headache? Every server I've ever played on uses the same mod structure and has customized crafting requirements for most tekgrams, I thought it was as simple as changing a name or an item code in a settings ini.

• the crafting price isn't the problem here, the most important thing is to add missing items to the list so quality of life can be improved. that was a side debate and I honestly don't care if it changes or not

• Gunnsen

Set the Label from In discussion to Accepted