Jake's unfiltered thoughts about Ark and the Market

• First of all, my apoligees to the admins from saying in local chat: 'it is not my problem that admins spawned in lvl 560 rexes'

But that said, i am probably not gonna play anymore for a week. The reasons are quiet obvious if you track it down through all the details/bugs in this game.

First of all, i enjoyed Ark waaaaaaaaay more when breeding was not a thing. Now wildcard is doing all they can to keep people addicted to the game. The problem is more the time you need to spend for breeding, even with 10x speed tbh. The fact that you could do boss fights far more easier with tamed wild rexes and a good saddle vs now you need to breed to win more easily, triggers me so much.

When you tamed a rex in the wild on the island for the first time, you felt like the king of the world (When even kibble did not exist yet). Seeing how they nerve here and there some core mechanics and lately with the manas triggered me more.

The biggest example is how easy it is to get the artifacts for the valguero alpha boss fight. I mean, great for doing that, but they did it probably in a response because people were leaving the game too fast for 'the island' boss fights, getting the artifacts, especially the dino artifacts farming was a bit too much. So they nerfed it in valguero?

There are a lot of ridiculous unbalances and bugs in this game that makes me sad.

Now about the market, there is no solution. Undercutting will continue, so in the end, nobody earns a lot anymore. I mostly blame extinction for disrupting, slowly, the market since the DLC came out. I wish there was no market and people where trading resources for eggs like in the past. But because gachas give so many resources, many people live in their own gacha cocoon these days, even me. Going to your neighbour and talk with them, you got some milk for my wyverns, i got some rex eggs, lets trade, i miss that. On GD if you ask for any kind of dino, many people just respond with 'xx GC for neutered'. So many people are very 'tight assed', so to say, about talking dinos which made me sad too.

Restore the community, restore the grinding, restore the tid for tad market.

About the lvl 560 rexes, everyone i met and had them where like: We do not sell, no you cannot have. No

I asked for a giga, peoples reaction: "Oh that is gonna cost you a lot" Sigh

One day i helped a guy on the beach near viking bay, you know where that big poggers base is in the middle with high end dinos, and they just gave me a lvl 560 rex egg, i was like noice.

In the end, instead of talking like 'my line' i advice everyone to just help each other, instead of only focussing on the 'market' game. The market is not a game, ark is a game. If i decide to help a friend who i have seen struggling for weeks, giving them a rex or wyvern egg, i help them, no matter what. Helping people is a core mechanic of the game. Do not ignore it.

Oh and about the admins saying: "Jake does knows shit about breeding!" Check the screenshot

And yes i was not planning to sell them, just give away for free, helping people.

• And yes i was not planning to sell them, just give away for free, helping people.

And this is the whole issue written in one sentence. Giving out free dinos, items or resources is not helping. It's only making the person's game easier, putting them in a place they don't belong yet.

• I see a lot of players giving stuff away for free especially people who then go cry on the Market Discussion "OMG THE MARKET IS DEAD"

There is truly a bunch of hypocrites, people saying the 550 rexes are their lines, people giving away free stuff then cry about the market being dead.

If we want to fix things we gotta stop all that bullshit, yes its cool to help people but not by giving away free stuff.

• Yeah, TEK prices will always be low with EXT active.

You can get like 600 to 800 element in a couple of minutes, except the giga you need no preparation, you don't use anything up. If I had to do boss fights for the stuff I sure as hell would charge several times the price or don't sell tek in the first place.

• And this is the whole issue written in one sentence. Giving out free dinos, items or resources is not helping. It's only making the person's game easier, putting them in a place they don't belong yet.

cant see a problem to help new player,...

if u want to breed your own rexes and dont use the rexes of other player

Isnt exactly this something like a community? tp help other players?

And if YOU dont want to use them cuz of YOU dont belong to this place

• And this is the whole issue written in one sentence. Giving out free dinos, items or resources is not helping. It's only making the person's game easier, putting them in a place they don't belong yet.

There are 2 sides to what you just said, for example:

1. People can help other start with giving them NOT OP dinos/resorces to start, that way it can become more balanced and then people start working on their own by using what they got in a good way and not in the bad way (for example I gave multiple people raptors and trikes) not OP, but can help them along the way.

2. People should help other as this is PvE - Players vs Environment, we are against the Environment, there should be no Competition as this is Not PvP, Without that I can't sadly call it PvE but PvTvE - Players vs Traders vs Environment.

Hope I made my opinion clear ^^

(Kat please no kill ;w;)

• Sure if you give a 200 pick or a trike isnt that bad. What I stand against is giving middle or endgame stuff to beginners, and also uncontrolled distribution of such things. Getting good stuff should require at least a little effort, otherwise it loses its value. Stuff losing value -> game losing sense -> people quitting after a short time.

Imo teaching others how to tame dinos, providing them with a crossbow and a couple of narcotic to help them getting started, showing how to run caves is more quality help than just giving them everything served on a golden plate.

• ok for example i also got rexes and stuff like a Gen/TP/Element and i have 5000h in ark so i think i dont need to tame stuff like a trike to improfe my Skill.

and if a noob go to a server with a community and asks for stuff like this, imo its ok to give the stuff

i cant understand why every pve plaver is crying here about "mimimimi i dont get my GC if other player gife the stuff for free...||||||

it is just a game and its just PVf**kingE

• I also think its ok to give noobs basic stuff or even a starting kit, but I feel like the game loses it purpose if new players are just given advanced stuff.

I'm been on and off Ark since its release, re-started playing here when I felt it was time again, like 3 weeks ago or something, and bought a lot of Tek Stuff for really (REALLY) cheap GC...

And what did that do to me?

Lost a bit interest, and now I feel like I have everything I want, and dont know what to do, the only thing that's keeping me going right now is waiting for Genesis...Why do I need to breed and stuff when there's Rex's so much cheap in the market? Doesn't even worth breeding to sell...

I don't know what the solution is, but in my opinion Element should be nerfed, and maybe limit sales to the AH and enforce minimum prices (Like FIFA does on the Ultimate Team for example, minimum prices to sell cards).

I don't know if its possible to regulate minimum sell prices according to dino level tho...

I feel like the market is too far broken to fix without a wipe, but maybe just changing some stuff will slowly get things better, with players coming and going...

Also Leusele, we all know its just a game, and just PVE, but taking the fun of progressing to endgame, by giving OP stuff, its just gonna rush people and make them leave sooner...

• i cant understand why every pve plaver is crying here about "mimimimi i dont get my GC if other player gife the stuff for free...||||||

I have a weird feeling that it's directed towards me and what i said before. But hope you don't miss your hits like this very often. I have self-tamed dinos that are not for sale, i don't sell anything other than some low quality items and resources. I don't hoard GC, in fact in the ongoing event i gave away almost 400gc for free. So keep trying, babe.

• That's the thing, only ppl that are in a rush buy those things. The only tek stuff I bought so far was the transmitter, and the sole purpose of buying it was due to the dino scan, until i get the engram from bosses that will be the only purpose to me on that.

Each person is responsible for their decisions and what they enjoy the most. Sorry to tell you, but if you bought and now u feel that you shouldn't then you are the only one to blame, not those that made it available. It's the same when buying a dino/BP and then you find in another place cheaper or better. Decisions...

I'm sorry, but this low price/access to stuff is becoming almost a witch hunt, as in, "What? U give stuff away? Oh no no no no. Shame on you!". If you don't agree with low prices, simply buy the most expensive or don't sell low. All other ppl will do as they please the same way.

PS: Sorry Jake for the highjack of this thread...

• Quote from Leusele

i cant understand why every pve plaver is crying here about "mimimimi i dont get my GC if other player gife the stuff for free...||||||

Just like some people that you say are "Crying" because you think they scared of losing GC's because people give away stuff for free.

Mschmidi is one of the persons who first created the Market Discussion to fight these kind of behaviors to find a way to resuscitate the market, he has 50 000 GC's, do you think he needs more ? No but then why does he participate to threads like these ? Because he cares about the market and the server itself. That's the case of most of us, we just trying to find solutions because we think about what's fair and what's good for the server not because we wanna get more GC's ...

• Yeah sure Spoon, I'm to blame for spoiling my own game, I'm aware of that.

But if the market is flooded with low price stuff, I don't feel the need of selling my own stuff more expensive (that realisticly no one will buy).

I think the whole point of have a market is to make the community interact, it's half the fun..

I don't agree with the low prices because we tend to buy as low as we can (I'm happy that you can abstain from that), but I think most people would have more fun with a more even economy, and a purpose to keep playing...

I'm not saying that everyone is like me, I'm just saying this is how I, personally, see things...

• I don't agree with the low prices because we tend to buy as low as we can (I'm happy that you can abstain from that), but I think most people would have more fun with a more even economy, and a purpose to keep playing...

I'm not saying that everyone is like me, I'm just saying this is how I, personally, see things...

(...)simply buy the most expensive or don't sell low(...)

Earlier I bought some stuff together with the Tek Transmiter, and didn't feel the price asked was correct (at least how I valued it) and offered to pay a bit more (and TBH it wasn't the tek thing that made me pay more, it was the other stuff which to me is way more valuable than any tek stuff at this stage of my gameplay, yet I don't see anyone talking about it - kibble). But, then again, it's the value I personally place on things.

Also, and to make it even more clearer, the Dino Scan event is behind Tek stuff, yet none is talking about it... Yet, complains about the tek stuff being "cheap" look like mushrooms. Is it fair for a new/returning player?

• Yes I agree that the Dino Scan is unfortunate to be behind Tek...

I gave my opinion, you gave yours. Our job is done, we don't need to spam messages back and forth trying to convince the other about what's most fun/fair and how to play the game...

Only thing for me to do now, is hear from more player opinions, and obviously the admins..

• To all those people that think TEK shouldn't be available to new players for GC or free:

If your whole purpose in the game is to reach TEK you just shouldn't take them. But even then you are not in for a long run.

But there are many players like me who enjoy other aspects of the game. In my case its breeding as endgame, so I too bought TEK when I started playing here again. The way to Tek is just tedious for me, as I have other goals. So that varies from player to player.

• I wasn't rushing tek either, the first thing i did, was getting a element gacha pair by breeding. I still have like 120 gachas in storage. I unlocked element basically before i did any bosses first, naturally. I was proud of my plebbyness the first month :-P

• Guess everyone here got some dose of nostalgia. Personally I miss the thrill of my first 3 months on this game. Hunting very carefull in the woods worried about raptors and carnos or even an rare Rex that end up walking all his way from north iceberg area to SE beach bob's area in the Island map. Grinding hard to unclock engrams and new saddles. Metal tier was a legend achieved only by the "chinese" tribe in the official server i used to play. This time it was really a survival game for me. Time passed, many things changed. Overall dinos nerf, Breeding mechanics, mutations, gigas, wyverns, reapers, velonas, manas, gachas, flyers nerf, aberration metal, extinction element, tek tier.

Every new addition made older stuff less relevant and/or easier to obtain(not necessary in that order) What is usally the natural path when new DLC/expansions are launchend in most multiplayer ecosystems or when it gets old without new additions(yeah all ways leads to the same destiny). What I feel and notice from decisions and discussions made when Extinction was launched and now with the market discussion is that the older and most active player base on the Cluster is somehow more connected to Aberration timestamp with its difficulties and benefits.

But things changes, we can artificially try to stop it with measures such as the new market regulation but in the end it would just make things even worse. Things gets old and I do believe thats the main problem with GC market, the last expansion have more than 1 year already and few stuff was added since that to heat things. Old things gets cheaper and cheaper as productions never stops and the cost for it is symbolic .

Yes there is undercutters, yes its not easy to build up that line and yes its the breeder whos selling it for months the same creature at the same price to everyone( wich was cheap even before the "undercutters " arrive). Was about time for prices to drop. Giga lines are the same since extinction( the time I've joined the cluster) and rex lines dosent look to have changed much since it. Since it all the work was just feed the parents and collect the eggs. Yeah, price will drop, sorry.

This kind of "easiness" promoted by the market is found even in the officials with their x1 rates. Hardest part to do is finding a spot to build there. Most 3 + months players got all this stulff and are willing to help or trade with newcomers for doable prices.

Ps.: Reading this post after writing I feel like it could go to the market discussion but here things looks more like a discussion and less like suggestion deposit and besides Jake's angry behaviour it brought the nostalgic idea of ark and the individual vision each us have about it into discussion.

I agree that players should work for it, but then why is their a currency that you earn by voting for these servers that can be used to "buy" items that would put players "in a place they dont belong yet" ?