Suggestions for season 2

• Let's get the ball rolling, maybe people will contribute more this time.

- Remove dino storage mod. Completely useless mod for pvp.

- Remove dino scanner. It makes it to easy.

- Remove transferable element. Same as above.

- Change nanny to only do 50% imprint, or remove it. Again makes it to easy, atm you lose a 100% imprinted giga and don't even care about it because you have 50 more in a fridge.

- No major changes to gameplay/dinos. Genesis will bring new stuff that will change meta anyway.

- How about a season without full orp?

Yes there will be offlining, yes there will be crying. Good thing about seasons is you can change things up.

... :?:

• These must be some major exploits since you would rather introduce an unbalanced mod with other exploits available in it.

So that makes me wonder what it is, you have numerous people that have pointed out game flaws that you have fixed for a better game experience, yet these exploits with cryopods seems to not be commonly known.

If you are talking about the giga/bossing one, that one is pretty irrelevant as people are usually done doing bosses when they get gigas.

• These must be some major exploits since you would rather introduce an unbalanced mod with other exploits available in it.

So that makes me wonder what it is, you have numerous people that have pointed out game flaws that you have fixed for a better game experience, yet these exploits with cryopods seems to not be commonly known.

If you are talking about the giga/bossing one, that one is pretty irrelevant as people are usually done doing bosses when they get gigas.

As stated multiple times before, we won't explain exploits that are in the main game. We are aware of a handful of critical exploits that have direct impact to the game and that give an unfair advantage.

If you know exploits to Dino Storage, you are free to share them and we will try to get them fixed by adjusting settings or by requesting changes to the mod. Lethal is probably the most passionate developer out there and open for any feedback.

In addition, Dino Storage offers more than 200 .ini settings (thats more than S+).

• I don't really like any of these changes. For me and my friends everything you have listed as a negative is a positive :D With full-time jobs, family, newborns, there's no way we would be able to at least try to keep up with you guys with lots of time. Without full orp we would've been wiped a month ago and the 100% imprint would leave us with no chance to fight back. The lack of tek (or rather element) for us is the only thing giving an edge to "no-lifers" right now and even that is questionable in my opinion :D

Signed

Mr Very Casual But Still Likes To Be Competitive

• It's just suggestions to mix things up from wipe to wipe. I am also very much a casual player as you guys:)

One thing I would like to see tho is removal of the insta soul balling, it is very convenient when breeding but in raids it makes killing dinos very hard.

Does one of the 200 ini settings have an option for this?

• It's just suggestions to mix things up from wipe to wipe. I am also very much a casual player as you guys:)

One thing I would like to see tho is removal of the insta soul balling, it is very convenient when breeding but in raids it makes killing dinos very hard.

Does one of the 200 ini settings have an option for this?

I just added a config setting that blocks the trapping of any dino that has been hurt in the past 5 seconds. We can adjust this setting if needed, but this will prevent players from just souling a dino while it is under attack. The animation for souling a dino cannot be changed easily or it will look really whacky, but I guess this will have a similar effect.

• We will definitely do something about teaming, either by changing the settings and/or rules or by adding a plugin, but that plugin needs to be tested a lot to not bring any new exploits to the game.

Something I never understood: A lot of players cry about 3 tribes that are teaming at the moment. How is this even possible. We have about 60 active tribes in our cluster atm, why cannot do the other 57 tribes a sort of counterattack. Yeah, it is a bit of planning, but teaming always goes into both directions...

• I was reading about the orp plugin we are using, it says: set max hours of protection.

Does this not mean you could set it to the amount of hours for 1 week and orp would go off after that?

It seems like a good option to let people raid and clear inactive bases themselves.

Code
    1. "MaxOrpDurationHours": 120, // Max hours ORP will last

Set this one to 168 and orp should last one week.

Any reason to not do this? Since we are now seasonal I would think this will make less work for you, can't imagine many people ask for vacation on seasonal server.

Cheers Bones

• Bones we are removing inactice bases and dinos using ghostdata. This is the easiest way. Your idea would cause extra work with every inactivity ticket because we would need to login on every server every few days and enter the tribe and this is not always possible because of the tribe limit. There is no need for it. Inactive stuft gets removed anyways.

• Ez fix. Do not allow people to go inactive, it is bad for a seasonal server to have inactive bases take up spots that new people could build in. It made sense when server was no wipe but not so much anymore.

Go on Rag and have a look, it is a mess of inactive raided stuff.

• Ez fix. Do not allow people to go inactive, it is bad for a seasonal server to have inactive bases take up spots that new people could build in. It made sense when server was no wipe but not so much anymore.

Go on Rag and have a look, it is a mess of inactive raided stuff.

This is not going to happen. Just because we have a seasonal concept now, this doesn't mean that you won't ever be inactive for more than 7 days for whatever reasons (regular holidays, vacation, no internet/ computer access etc.).

The reason why the maps were no cleaned were the holidays and the inactivity of the team. This was ANNOUNCED and we are currently working on cleaning all maps one after another.