Wild dino wipe

• Hello everyone,
    I would like to suggest to have a wild dino wipe on server restarts or maybe once every week .
    It will help a lot refreshing the wild dinos especially gigas ,tek dinos etc etc. and it will help removing any glitched dino that are under the mesh especially on abb.

• Gunnsen

Added the Label In discussion
  • +1

I hosted a few small servers for me and my friends over the years, the most recent being when Valguero released. We played for only a month or two on very high rates for fun. I had wild dino wipes with every restart, and we restarted every other day or so.

Tames were never affected by them. A wild dino wipe doesn't affect downed dinos. BUT. There's always a but, right? If you're in the process of downing a dino, especially ones like gigas that take forever, the wipe will erase them if they're not down yet. Plus you might find that perfect dino, run back to your base for taming supplies, and if a wipe strikes during that timeframe that dino's gone.

That's the only downside I can think of though. Our server was small and private, not with hundreds of players, so I don't know how that affects the process. It didn't add more than 2-3 minutes to restarts either, but that might differ between hosts, I'm not sure.

That's just my two cents though, and in my opinion the benefits of a wipe outweigh the downsides by a LOT. Even if you don't have wipes with every restart, once a week for example could be very beneficial. Get rid of all those bugged/meshed dinos, and the tiny creatures hogging spawns.

• I dont know if this is posible but maybe we can tag a good wild dino so it doesnt wipe. Somthing like /ds comand when u look at a dino and type smth like /tag and it doesnt get wiped? And like a 3 tag limit per tribe?

If you're in the process of downing a dino, especially ones like gigas that take forever, the wipe will erase them if they're not down yet. Plus you might find that perfect dino, run back to your base for taming supplies, and if a wipe strikes during that timeframe that dino's gone.

That shouldn't be an issue. Servers restart daily at the same hour, so just keep that in mind and dont go on a taming spree shortly before the restart.

In case of a restart caused by an update you still get that 15 minutes countdown. That should be enough to tranq any dino and feed it narcotics. Also after seeing the restart message dont go hunting. Easy. No need to multiply problems here.

• Kat Doesn't the server also announce the daily restart? I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure it has a 15 minutes heads up too, so it's easy to work around it.

Also that point wasn't about me, I do take the restarts into account and don't go out when they're imbound. It was more of a general point, seeing as people complain about losing dinos/items due to their own mistakes as is. I for one am all for dino wipes, even daily ones, even if they might end up causing me to lose a potential tame or two.

• Knocked out dinos won't despawn anyway. So even if you knock out a giga 5 minutes before restart it will still be there after. Wouldn't try it with a giga even without restart because of the low torpor timer. And if you see the server restart message just don't go out for taming. Knocking something out shouldn't take 15 minutes or you would have a problem anyways.

I also support this request for extinction. Not necessary on other maps I guess.

• Gunnsen

Set the Label from In discussion to Accepted