Enable Titan souling again

• Hey!

We started playing again 2 weeks ago and are finally up and motivated doing some titans again.

But it seems like you cant even summon a Titan any more if other players have it outside and also not soul it any more..

I dont really understand why you disabled it on a pve server, as its a special creature that costs a lot of effort to be tamed and nearly always any player on the cluster will have one tamed, which means incredible long waiting times and a bad mood on the players.

I assume you did it because people were stacking and selling them, so here is my idea:

Add Titan souling again, for the matter of fairplay, so everyone has the chance to do titans if he has time. Additionally people can enjoy their titans more, if they have few time to play.

Add the following rules on PvE:

1. Every tribe is only allowed to have 1 souled Titan of each Type at a time.

2. It is recommended to soul your titans if you do not use them, to give all players the chance to reach endgame content

3, It is not allowed to trade / sell and transfer Titans to any other map than extinction.

Hope you take that serious and consider changing it back.

King Regards,

Ragemode

*BP*Company

• I don't even see a problem in them being traded as long as you disable bringing them to other servers, which should be doable I think.

I've looked around a bit and I can't find a way to ban a single dino from the transfers. You either ban all or none. But it's a titan, it should be easy enough to notice it on a map where it doesn't belong.

+1 on this though, I'd love to do the king titan fights but I'm solo so it's nearly impossible to tame all the titans and then do the fight in a reasonable span of time.

• Kat I know, I was talking about transfers across arks.

Wait, you can disable just the titans from being released on all the other maps except for extinction so even if you transfer them they're useless, right? If that works, it's a very good idea.

• In any case titans cannot be whistled to attack. You need people piloting them. And if you don't have the numbers for it, cant really see and advantage to this. Also what is the interaction if more than one of the same titan is on the server at the same time. 3 different titans itself is a very heavy load on a server, imaging 7-8 titans running around at the same time on the map and used for OSDs and Veins,etc. Would be against this idea for sure.

• In any case titans cannot be whistled to attack. You need people piloting them. And if you don't have the numbers for it, cant really see and advantage to this. Also what is the interaction if more than one of the same titan is on the server at the same time. 3 different titans itself is a very heavy load on a server, imaging 7-8 titans running around at the same time on the map and used for OSDs and Veins,etc. Would be against this idea for sure.

Its also the fact, that you cant start a bossfight if one is tamed (Great idea btw wildcard), even not to kill it for the trophies (King Titan fight) or for the loot (Mek Gear Bps - only way to get).

The cooldown in the bosses is quite high anyways and there cant be more than 3 on the server.
    There are a lot of tribes with 3+ players that can easily tame/kill any titan, which results in nearly 24/7 blocked Titans.

• No. While the titans are tamed and out of the soul trap noone else can tame titans. Which is a huge problem as doing king titan requires all titans. That is very difficult if they are blocked all the time.

• Step 1: Make titans able to soul

Step 2: make titan souls able to be in storage

Step 3: make titans only able to be Unsouled on extinction

Step 4: only have unsouled titans if you are doing king titan or other titans/drops

Step 5: Players who leave a unsoul titan out when they log off have it removed

Step 6: People can only have 1 of each titan in soul storage at any one time ( prevents tame farming )

Step 7: .........

Step 8: Profit?

did i miss anything?

• So wait, I don't understand something. Why would it be a bad thing if people had more than one titan of the same type souled? As long as they don't trade them or use them to block other people from taming them I don't see a problem really. But then again I've not touched Extinction and the titans as much as I would've wanted to, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

EDIT: Would it make the King Titan fight too easy since you could replace the titans when you lose them?

• So what about the others who want to fight a titan/tame one/go for king titan runs. They need to wait until the people who have souled them release them, use them, and then expire? Or release them, use them and then soul them in a continuous cycle?

• So what about the others who want to fight a titan/tame one/go for king titan runs. They need to wait until the people who have souled them release them, use them, and then expire? Or release them, use them and then soul them in a continuous cycle?

No man, if a titan is souled others can be tamed. That's why this proposal was made in the first place, so that more people can tame the titans at the same time.

• We did not have any problems when it was enabled at the start of extinction (with a way bigger playerbase on ext.), so i dont really understand why it should be one now.
    The tamed titans i have seen so far are basically just not used 24/7 and just blocking all others on the cluster being able to do them.

As its a pve server you can not argue with "thats how it is", as ark is just balanced for PvP and if i want the titan my self i just come over and wipe a base and a titan if i'd like to have it more than the others.

• Just because you didn't have problems then, no guarantee you won't have them now. When ext came out maybe a lot of people were just starting out and needed to build up first. Now with a lot of tribes in the same situations of being in the endgame and wanting to take on th king titan, I don't see the need for trapping to be needed. The same issue of other tribes blocking spawns has happened to us too. We just wait it out until everyone is free next and try again. There is obviously a cool down for spawning in the king titan and you cannot spam fights consecutively. For every (realistically) king titan fight one round of taming is necessary. Now of the same people soul trap all their titans, no one else can spawn one in and have to wait until the soul trapped ones expire. (According to my understanding that if one titan is soul trapped, that specific titan cannot be respawned in until the one I'm the trap expires)

• (According to my understanding that if one titan is soul trapped, that specific titan cannot be respawned in until the one I'm the trap expires)

Still no. You can trap them and others can tame them. That is the very purpose of this suggestion. At the moment they cannot be soultrapped, so there is little chance to get all 3 titans for the king titan, as someone will always snatch a titan before you can. Especially as ice titans are good for doing purples.