Donation Reward

• Hi Everyone,

As you will all be aware, we recently set up a Q&A channel to let the community suggest new ideas that we would discuss and look at for the future. One suggestion that has been looked into is giving a reward to the community should the donation goal be met. We have thought about this and decided that it’s something we would like to investigate further so again we are putting it out to the community for ideas and suggestions on how you would like it to be done :)

We would be looking to implement this across the PVP and PVE Cluster so it may be that we run the same event on both or different events on each cluster. What we would like you to do suggest events we can run once the goal has been met. We are thinking that if we get multiple viable suggestions, we could maybe have a pool of a few event ideas and we will allow your guys to vote on which one you want to use after the goal has been met.

If you guys can get suggesting, we will update you here once we have any more information and if we will be trialling this on the cluster

regards

Chris

• 1. Arena type thing with players vs dinos. Players get to choose either crossbow, sword or pike & have to fight dinos in waves with better dinos & higher lvl as it goes on. More waves they survive better their reward. Imo it would be better if its all players at once as a group instead of competition between each other that way everyone would work together making it more fun & nobody would feel like they lost. Just like in boss fight, everyone works & everyone wins. (Group event)

2. Crosshair get disable for the duration of event & players get primitive bows with like 5 arrows & they have to shoot a slow moving target/dino couple of behemoth gate away. Whoever gets more hits wins. (Individual event)

3. Treasure hunt with either teams or individuals.

• You have your own currency here so just use that.

Say maybe 500 gc to donators above a minimum fee(just to not have people limp in at end of month with 0.001 euro for coins)

Your shop is very balanced so I feel this would still be far from any p2w situation.

Everybody loves coins and not everybody will be able to join reward events.

• I think you have to give something unique if the goal is reached. Something you can't get with coins and something that last a weekend so everybody can experience it.

Like a dino color event, I don't know if you can activate it on the cluster but it would be cool.

• Weekend events:

Breeding event: all breeding factors x3 (because x2 we can buy with ghost coins)

Breeding event x2 but with S+ Nanny enabled - only for feeding, not imprinting

Set all harvest rates for every resource separately and double the rate for 2-3 resources chosen from a pool by players (maybe different resource on every map?)

Increased global loot quality (all maps except Extinction)

Set S+ Grinder resource return to 50% (default = 25%)

Double crafting speed multipliers of S+ structures (industrial forge, chem bench, grinder...)

Double cloning speed on s+ cloning chamber

Add griffin/wyvern/drake spawns/nests to vanilla maps, using for example this mod

Special Ark events (such as Easter, summer bash...) - this could be enabled for a whole week

Add a speed potion (or other special potions) to reward vault: single-use free pack containing X amount of potions (where X = 10% of reached donation goal, must be above 100)

• Just some personal thoughts, nothing I have already discussed in the team

Weekend events:

Breeding event: all breeding factors x3 (because x2 we can buy with ghost coins)

If we added this on top of the regular events that are already taking place every 4 weeks (at least in the past months) it could be too much, breeding outsinde of those events would not take place I guess.

Breeding event x2 but with S+ Nanny enabled - only for feeding, not imprinting

Problem with the nanny is if we allow the engram it is really hard to get rid of all nannys on the server. People will find ways to keep some of these structures like uploading them, storing them etc. and will continue using those. Even if we change the settings so the nanny would not do anything it will still result in a lot of tickets and whining.

Set all harvest rates for every resource separately and double the rate for 2-3 resources chosen from a pool by players (maybe different resource on every map?)

We already set the harvest multiplier for each resource to prevent lags, so this is really easy to do and a nice ideo, something loke a metal farm weekend.

Increased global loot quality (all maps except Extinction)

This is something I would really like to see but we would need to do proper testing. We don't want a setting that gives every player all the loot they dream of in a single weekend ^^

Set S+ Grinder resource return to 50% (default = 25%)

I don't think this is worth donating, at least not alone as the only reward. Could be added to the farming- or loot-quality-event if we choose on of those.

Double crafting speed multipliers of S+ structures (industrial forge, chem bench, grinder...)

Same as the S+ Grinder, it is nice to have but nothing I personally would work or even donate for.

Double cloning speed on s+ cloning chamber

Never cloned that much so I am not sure if this is a thing that players would celebrate, at least not in PvE. For PvP it might be OP

Add griffin/wyvern/drake spawns/nests to vanilla maps, using for example this mod

This is nice, but adding a mod just for a single weekend might result in too many tickets, we all know how ark reacts to mod changes :-D Don't want to explain the procedure of resetting all mods ten times a day ^^ But this is something I still would like to see

Special Ark events (such as Easter, summer bash...) - this could be enabled for a whole week

This is my favorite, but it could collide with active vanilla events.

Add a speed potion (or other special potions) to reward vault: single-use free pack containing X amount of potions (where X = 10% of reached donation goal, must be above 100)

That is something I was already thinking about, like granting everyone on the server a free voting reward. I also like that this could scale with the amount of donations.

• Extinction madness. Let me explain. Not everyone owns extinction, and even when we're there there's high competition for OSDs and Veins most of the time. You have an event map now, so make OSDs and Veins spawn like crazy there for a weekend and enable element transfer from it.

This would give everyone a chance to do them, and with enough of them around there wouldn't be as much competition for them. Could lag like hell though so I don't know, it would require some testing. Also for added difficulty/challange, maybe make only 50k veins and red/purple OSDs spawn (I'm not super for this because most players can't manage those, but it's just an idea).

• ^gonna break the server marketplace and sense of achievement. You also need to OWN a map on steam to be able to use it.

Extinction madness. Let me explain. Not everyone owns extinction, and even when we're there there's high competition for OSDs and Veins most of the time. You have an event map now, so make OSDs and Veins spawn like crazy there for a weekend and enable element transfer from it.

This would give everyone a chance to do them, and with enough of them around there wouldn't be as much competition for them. Could lag like hell though so I don't know, it would require some testing. Also for added difficulty/challange, maybe make only 50k veins and red/purple OSDs spawn (I'm not super for this because most players can't manage those, but it's just an idea).

Agree with Kat's suggestions of custom events like summer bash, halloween, etc. This would help people get emotes, skins, and finish some of the event-exclusive achievements. Can couple the grinder thingy with harvesting bonus, so everyone gets a nice crafting weekend out of it?

• ^gonna break the server marketplace and sense of achievement. You also need to OWN a map on steam to be able to use it.

I was meaning something more along the lines of "make OSDs spawn on a normal, free map that everyone can play". And yeah, it could shake the market a little, but I don't think it would be anything insane. People can do OSDs and Veins all the time, and they in fact do, but you didn't see the market crash when extinction was introduced, so I don't think a single weekend of OSDs will do that either (not OSDs with enhanced drops or something, just more of them on a free map so more people can experience them).

This was just an idea though.

• The

I was meaning something more along the lines of "make OSDs spawn on a normal, free map that everyone can play". And yeah, it could shake the market a little, but I don't think it would be anything insane. People can do OSDs and Veins all the time, and they in fact do, but you didn't see the market crash when extinction was introduced, so I don't think a single weekend of OSDs will do that either (not OSDs with enhanced drops or something, just more of them on a free map so more people can experience them).

This was just an idea though.

The market did crash. I personally wasn't here then, but rex saddle BP prices dropped from 900-1k GC to 250. You'd be surprised with wwhat high tier OSDs drop, and the insane quality of loot they give.

• Treasure Hunt like dinos all around map ready for claim with high levels... , unique skins for character and dinos, arc bars and ...
    I Think that will be great and players will have fun to hunt!

• Push!

Anyone has any suggestions?

ok this is my dumb idea (as I have no idea how hard or expensive it is) but add option for players to choose their favorite map at donation time and if the donation goal is reached, reward the map with most amount of donations and put it on dedicated server for the next month or maybe server with better/faster ssd. could incentivize players from maps like Lagnarok or Crashing Isles to donate more, lol maybe even extinction players to have their server freed from their evil neighbor CI.