Have you ever joined a server and gotten wiped immediately only to blame everyone but yourself? Have no fear, with my guide you will do as the devs intended and survive!
Starter Base Locations:
The key to not getting wiped is base locations. Pick a place that is very far from resources.(if there is no reason for a random player to come farm where you built your base then the longer you stay hidden.) needless to say check all caves that do not hold artifacts
Dont build bigger then a 2x2 until you farm out a base! Take advantage of s+ by picking up your chembench, fabricator, forges when not in use to stay as small as possible. (only build in metal btw. dont bother with stone.)
If you have access to aberration and all the good caves are taken then grab a cliff plat and build super high away from prying eyes. Almost everyone cant be asked to attack a cliff base with turrets(BUILD AWAY FROM ANY FARMING SPOTS! SO YOU ARE
What to do while in starter base
Tame a male and female of each farming dino. Breed them and cryo or raise the baby. Always leave the extra in upload just in case you get meat run. (dont forget to refresh the timer before it expires)
Always leave an extra chembench, smithy, forge 2x2 base, fabricator, tools in upload in case you get raided. (dont forget to refresh the timer before it expires)
Farm turrets and arb (advanced rifle bullets) in this phase. Upload what you have to cloud as soon as you craft.
Now by this time you may be running out of space in your ark data cloud. Let me run you through a scenario of how to store a slotcap of items in the cloud.
Player x and y have main tribe on rag and have filled up their ark data cloud with failsafe stuff and need room for the arb they have been farming. Heres what they do,
- player x and y have main tribe on rag
- player x and y go to island and make alt tribe
- Player x and y go back to rag and craft whip
- X popcorns mats to player y until they are filled up (do this near where a drop spawns or an obby)
- Player y travels to island but when on spawn screen DO NOT SPAWN IN instead exit the game. This will leave your character in the cloud and the next time you connect to a server you will be prompted if you want to respawn with whats in the cloud or a new survivor. This will keep a slotcap of things in the cloud safe for 24 hours
- To reset your slotcap of stuff so it doesnt expire have player x place a bed near drop or obby. Player y respawns then ports off again resetting 24 hour timer of stuff in cloud.
NOTE: while character is in cloud with slotcap of things create new character to farm with.
Use these methods to safely secure a large base while keeping your hard earned items safe
DO NOT TAME THINGS FOR FUN IN THIS PHASE! YOU WANT TO SECURE A BASE ASAP
Having dinos for fun will just take up space and make u easier to spot and if you get raided you will just feel worse from time invested in taming stuff.
My tribe just started and its been months since the last wipe. We are now doing bosses. If we can do it so can you!
If you have tips ping me in discord Adam.#6969