The ultimate guide

• ARK and Ghost Division servers: frequently asked questions, issues and tips to help your survivor live long and prosper.

Part 1: Connecting to GD servers and getting started

I can't join/ find the server.

Follow this guide carefully, it was written to solve most known joining issues:

How do i join the server? / I can't see the server!

I'm trying to join the server and it says „Mod mismatch”.

Make sure that all your mods are up-to-date. If they aren't, and nothing is downloading/ installing, restart Steam – it should start downloading the update.

Due to recent Steam changes, you may have to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the mod to push its update.

Then launch Ark and let it install the mod.

Servers are checking for updates every hour, so sometimes you may need to wait up to 1h for the server to update.

Follow GD's Discord to keep in touch with the community and to check if the servers are updating.

I disconnected and now it says „Player already connected”.

Just wait 5-10 minutes, server will eventually recognize that you left and let you back in. You can also disconnect yourself using Ghost Data.

All servers seem to be offline.

Servers perform a daily restart at 12:15 CEST, it usually takes 5-10 minutes.

Sometimes servers go down to upate the game or mods. It takes 5-15 minutes.

If only one server is offline, it could crash and needs to be restarted by server owners. Please join GD's discord to stay tuned.

If servers are up but you still can't see them, make sure that your client and mods are updated.

Are there kits for newbies?

There are none, but if you ask politely, some players may have some tames or items for you. Be friendly, and not insistent – don't beg players for free stuff. Check the marketplace in Discord and in forum, and have a look at the ingame Auction House – many players are trading goods for resources or for Ghost Coins, which you earn by voting on the server.

Part 2: In-game issues

How can I ask for ingame support?

Open a support ticket here: the-ghost-division.com/ticketsystem

You need to create a forum account to submit a ticket. Please respect server admins' privacy and do not send them private messages. Support ticket is the only way to go. They will answer it as soon as possible.

How to write a perfect ticket and make admin's work easier: the-ghost-division.com/forum/thread/5300-how-to-open-a-ticket/

To find your SteamID64, go to steamid.io and paste a link to your Steam profile. If you don't use a custom address, the number at the end of the link is your ID. You can also see your SteamID64 in Ghost Data.

I logged out on a bed/ in a sleeping pod and now can't interact with anything.

Try to respawn (type /suicide in game chat) or fast travel with the bed on which you slept. Make sure to pick up your items afterwards. You can also pick up your bed.

It seems to be happening more often if your bed is close to a wall - if you keep glitching, try moving your bed a bit further.

I died while I was offline and lost my stuff.

Your body moves a bit when you log in/ out and with every server restart, and it can glitch through your walls or foundations and get killed by wild dinos, drowned, or just killed by some game bug. It's recommended to always log out naked. Items lost this way will not be refunded.

I died and my body is in a place where I can't reach it.

Try to pull it with grappling hook. If the body turned into a bag, you can pull your stuff with Advanced Transfer mode of Omni tool, and soul finder. If it didn't, jump to another server and back to make it happen.

I lost my items or dinos due to a game bug/ server crash etc. Can I get it back?

No, server staff will only refund items lost due to their direct mistake, like removing your base by accident.

Refunding everything lost to game malfunctions would take a full time job, and admins are supporting in their free time. Every player is equal, so please don't expect admins to make an exception for you.

I spawned inside someone's base.

It's advised to travel between maps for the first time with nothing valuable on you, only some structures to build a spawn point, so you can travel without this issue.

If you are stuck in a foundation or other structure, open console [Tab] and type reconnect, this should push you out of said structure.

If you are a fresh spawn, or don't have valuable items on you, you can kill yourself and spawn in a different zone, type /suicide in game chat.

If you can't afford dying, try to reach the tribe in game or in Discord, or ask other players for help. Always check if one of gates isn't open and that there is no other way to leave the base on your own. Try to relog, standing next to base walls – it can glitch you out. If you fail to get out, then submit a support ticket.

I keep disconnecting or crashing.

Verify your game files – sometimes they may be corrupted, what causes game crashes. Check if your game settings are adequate to your hardware – try lowering them or running the game in low memory mode. Also check if your drivers don'r require an update.

If you are running Ark on a potato, open Steam library, right click Ark → Properties → General -> Launch options, paste:

+mat_reducefillrate 0 +r_shadowrendertotexture 0 -sm4 -d3d10 -nomansky -lowmemory -novsync → then launch the game and set all graphic settings to lowest. You

will feel like in 1999 but will get nice fps!

I'm getting „Outgoing reliable buffer overflow” error.

How to fix this issue?

Reduce the amount of data that your client has to process. Make sure that your inventory isn't full (best option is to carry only items that you actually need), don't learn every possible engram (try mindwipe when getting buffer overflow), being in your base – turn off the structures that are running but not currently needed – such as tek replicator or forge, remove items and dinos from your game data (uploads), don't carry too many soultraps (and best don't upload them) as they hold a big amount of information, move to a less populated area, reduce your graphic settings – especially view range and details – the less you process, the better for you.

It appears that sometimes you can get this error with no visible reason [aka: Ark being Ark], then try to respawn.

I think that someone is violating the rules.

Report it in a support ticket: the-ghost-division.com/ticketsystem

Always provide an evidence: screenshots, videos, tribelogs and whatever you think may prove a rule violation.

In the header of your ticket there is a place for YOUR data: your SteamID64, your character name, your tribe name and the map on which the violation appeared. This is not a place for information about players you want to report.

How can i see my tribelog in Discord? (by Gunnsen)

1. First of all you need your own Discord server (or some server you got admin rights on). Guide: https://support.discord.com/hc…How-do-I-create-a-server-
    2. Next you need to create a webhook for that Discord. We advise to use a seperate channel for the Webhook. Guide:
    https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/228383668-Intro-to-Webhooks (You will only need to follow the "Making a webhook" section)
    3. You can now add this Webhook to your tribe ingame with the following chatcommand (replace <webhook> with the webhook created by your Discord): /TLR <webhook>
    4. Enjoy all your tribe logs saved forever in your personal Discord.

Edited 29 times, last by Kat ().

• Part 3: Travelling between servers

How can I travel between maps?

Enter an obelisk's/ beacon's/ transmitter's inventory and press „Travel to another server”.

You can travel with your inventory, or upload your items in the data tab (50 slots available). It's not possible to upload or travel with element, element shards and TCsAR vault.

Use „Creatures” tab to upload your dinos (make sure their inventories are empty, or will be dropped).

You can also put your creatures in soultraps and travel with them in your inventory.

I can't see any servers to travel.

Make sure to have „Show password protected” unchecked (bottom-left corner of server list).

Check your internet connection. Check, if steam isn't down: steamstat.us

If you can't see a DLC, you may need to install it first.

Check for mod or game updates, restart Steam, verify game files.

When travelling to another server, I clicked on the wrong map.

Don't spawn. Once you notice you are on the wrong map, press [ESC] and return to main manu. Then join directly the map you intended to join. It will ask you to download your survivor.

Can I download dinos/ items/ character from other servers/ single player?

No, there is no way to download anything from outside the cluster. Every player gets a fresh start.

How to upload dino trophies and items from decor mods?

When opening a tribute inventory, you will see a message asking you to type /upload in chat. By doing this, all your dino trophies and decor items will be uploaded. After traveling to another server, all items allowed on said server will be downloaded to your inventory (example: items from RP decor mod will be downloaded on maps that use this mod). To download your items without traveling, type /download in chat.

If you travel with full inventory, you will download as many items as your empty slots allow (your character has 300 inventory slots). Example: you upload 200 dino trophies, and have 200 items in your inventory when traveling. Upon arrival to another server, it will download 100 of your items - this many slots you have left. The rest isn't gone of course - just empty your inventory, then type /download in chat and you will get the rest of uploaded items.

Part 4: Voting, Ghost Coins, Arc Bars and donations

What are Ghost Coins/ ARc Bars and how do I get them?

Ghost Coins (GC) are our voting points. You can trade them with other players, buy voting rewards, or exchange for ingame points called ARc Bars in 1:1 ratio.

Everything is explained in this article:

All about Ghost Coins, ARc Bars and Voting Rewards

I'm not receiving Ghost Coins after voting.

Make sure that you vote using the same Steam account that you connected to your forum account. Have a look at the voting list: the-ghost-division.com/voting-en - there you can verify the number of your registered votes, and you will receive GC for every vote. Usually it will happen within an hour after you vote, sometimes it can take a little longer.

At the beginning of every month Ghost Coins delivery is delayed, and you should receive GC after a few days. You don't need to worry or report it.

What is Top Voter?

Every player that reaches the max number of votes in a given month has a chance to receive the Top Voter reward. Admins will draw the winners at the beginning of new month. Rewards are: 1st place – ascendant blueprint of your choice, 2nd place – mastercraft bp of your choice, 3rd place – journeyman bp of your choice.

How can I support the server?

You can do it by voting on the servers listed on forum's main page. You can also donate or join GD's Patreon for a few little perks.

What do I get for donating? Can I buy Ghost Coins?

For donating, you will have your name colored in pink. GD servers aren't pay2win, so your donations will help to pay for the servers, but won't give you any ingame rewards.

If you join GD's Patreon (with 10$ tier or higher), your base won't be demolished due to inactivity as long as you keep your subscription, and you will receive dino recolor

You can earn GC only by voting on the server or trading with other players.

Part 5: Miscellaneous

What happens if I can't log in for more than a week?

Your base will be removed, so if you can't join the game – report it in a support ticket. Provide your tribename, your maps, base locations and let the admins know when you log in for the last time and when you are going to return. Bases removed due to inactivity won't be restored.

If you know that you won't have time to play actively for longer time, you can join GD's patreon (tier 10$ or higher) and this will let you keep your base as long as you are subscribed.

Is there a way to find lost dinos?

You can use Ghost Data: ghostdata.the-ghost-division.com

I would like to suggest...

Use the „Suggestions” subforum to submit your suggestion.

Is it allowed to...?

Read the server rules: the-ghost-division.com/rules

If the server rules and your common sense don't say something is forbidden, then it's allowed. If you don't trust your common sense – ask the community or open a support ticket.

I don't understand the rules.

Not understanding server rules doesn't mean that you don't have to follow them. Violating the rules can cause a suspension or a permanent ban, so make sure you understand them. If you need a clarification, you can always ask for it in forum or GD's Discord!

Can I build in this place?

Most places are OK to build, as long as you follow the server rules. If you aren't sure about a certain place, open a support ticket: provide the map, coords and screens.

If you plan to build in a cave, check this list to see if it's allowed: the-ghost-division.com/cave-list

Why is (nanny, mutator, dino scan, etc) disabled?

Some items or game functions are disabled, as they are considered too OP or not needed, or are known for causing problems. Please use the forum's search engine to find details.

Why can't I pick up wild dinos?

It's disabled to prevent griefing. It also brings a little challenge – picking up wild dino and dropping it in a taming pen makes taming too easy. You can build a temporary trap in the wild – just remember to remove it after use!

Can I be in a different tribe on every map?

You have to keep the same tribe name on every map to keep your structures from autodecaying.

What can I do to avoid having a long and complicated system of waterpipes?

Use N+ water intake. It produces water, so you can place it anywhere, no need to connect it to actual water. Having waterpipes longer than medium render distance looks ugly (and isn't allowed).

Why there is no Battleye? (by cl_noob)

(...) each time you perform an action it will be sent through the Battleye filters first, then it's processed by the server and the result is sent back to the filters only then to be sent back to the client. This additional processing time is what you experience as lag which is something we try to avoid for obvious reasons.

Cheaters that got caught in the past get a global Battleye and VAC ban. If you check our servers in your favorite list you should notice that they are VAC secured, so a player with a ban in/for Ark shouldn't be able to play on them anyway. Hacks that are too advanced to be detected by Battleye and/or VAC atm wouldn't be detected anyway, in other words it doesn't matter if Battleye is running or not.

Why should I use Shadowplay?

Video is the best evidence. If you ever get involved in a situation that requires admin's intervention, a video showing the situation from your perspective will always help you get out of trouble. And if you see someone violating sever rules and you want to report it, a video would help admins in investigating. You never know when you may need it, so it's highly advised to always use Shadowplay or similar software.

More questions, suggestions - ask below.

Edited 11 times, last by Kat ().

• I logged out on a bed/ in a sleeping pod and now can't interact with anything. Spoiler ausblenden

Try to respawn, type /suicide in game chat or fast travel with the bed on which you slept. Make sure to pick up your items afterwards.

You can also pick up the bed you slept in, that solves the issue too. (and is a lot easier)

• Hey guys, i updated the guide with most recent information. Pay attention to this:

How to upload dino trophies and items from decor mods?

When opening a tribute inventory, you will see a message asking you to type /upload in chat. By doing this, all your dino trophies and decor items will be uploaded. After traveling to another server, all items allowed on said server will be downloaded to your inventory (example: items from RP decor mod will be downloaded on maps that use this mod). To download your items without traveling, type /download in chat.

If you travel with full inventory, you will download as many items as your empty slots allow (your character has 300 inventory slots). Example: you upload 200 dino trophies, and have 200 items in your inventory when traveling. Upon arrival to another server, it will download 100 of your items - this many slots you have left. The rest isn't gone of course - just empty your inventory, then type /download in chat and you will get the rest of uploaded items.

• Kat

Changed the title of the thread from “Ultimate guide for players” to “The ultimate guide”.