Changing the current offline guard system

• I suggest changing the ORP from total protection and turrets not shooting people.

Reason for this is:

Potentially able to place C4 etc and dinos on turret mode in/around base.

People scouting out your base to learn weaknesses, potentially even hide somewhere till your on then initiate attacks.

I propose you make it so turrets can still shoot people.

You could change it so that its just increased health and turret damage rather than full blanket protection.

Could also make it protect passives (if they have nothing in inventory.

I just think the current ORP is bad and any decent player wont want enemies running round base figuring out how to raid it

• ORP with no turrets shooting means that people could camp your base and wait for you to log. In those cases there are many exploits they can do(i wont name them cause people might use them). Turret dmg buffed and increased structure health should be fine for your protection.

• Either this or live webhooks on discord for a tribe log would be ideal. I don't know how much hassle setting up webhooks for smth like this is but raising turret dmg when offline (after a cooldown ofc) is definitely not a bad idea. Scouting enemy stats is already too easy with super spyglass (should be removed imo) and the fact that you can walk around takes away the hidden benefits of many bases when their point is to cover any easy to cheese spots with line of sight from the location or so.

But overall the new ORP is much improved of the vanilla one which was terrible in all honesty and the changes are going in the right direction.

• yeah i rather like the orp system with increased turret damage and health x2 and it will get more population on the servers because in the end 2 hours to raid a big base is not enough so people can still abuse it but dont get me wrong i still like the wipe and the new orp systtem will always be better then the old one

• So you like to tank all turrets while your enemy is offline? Not that good of an idea... We will discuss further changes to our new ORP concept when we have some data. But we will not discuss any changes prior the new system is active!

• Gunnsen

Added the Label Declined
  • Gunnsen

Closed the thread.