Multiple ways to communicate with players

• Hi - when you are going to delete structures that have cost quite a bit to make - and also contain lots of resources that in turn get destroyed along with the structure, please give people the chance to remove them on their own so everything isn't lost.

Tell us on the Forum

Tell us in-game

Add it to the welcome message

lost a hell of a lot because I didn't check discord in the last 24 hours...

• As far as I know they let you know through different methods. The times I've reported structures that block resources I've seen how they add a metal sign post asking the person to move, giving them more than a week to do so.

• Same here everytime i report smth they add a sign but one time i forgot about an outpost it got delted directly without any warning...

• You are completely right.

We did not announce anything in the forum and this is for sure a mistake by us. But there is a saying, "Never play on patchday" which means litteraly anything can happen. We announced it on the Discord and wrote it several times in different chats to not use the new structures yet as they may get removed.

Im very sorry for your loss but i reccomend you to check Discord every once in a while as we communicate the most things over there.

We will try to get more information in the forum aswell to reduce the risk of people not reading it.

If you think you get spammed in Discord you can disable the notifications on every channel except announcements.

So you wont miss anything again.

Greetings Tsuki

• We will try to get more information in the forum aswell to reduce the risk of people not reading it.

If you think you get spammed in Discord you can disable the notifications on every channel except announcements.

So you wont miss anything again.

There was no mention in #announcements until you finally decided which structures will be disabled. Only in #general or #pve-chat. Which, as you suggest, can remain muted. That means that players had 20 hours to craft the new structures before something appeared in the "important" channel.

Besides it's been told many times that the only reliable source of any information is the forum, and discord is for the community. But the team can't follow this and use whatever is more convenient at given time.

• Hello Kat

Thanks for your input. I already apologized and said we are trying to get better on that.

We had to rush that as we were struggling to disable it in the first place. Thats why we already had some restarts yesterday. We are very sorry for this.

And yes you are right we said it in some other channels and did not use mentions there. But in the announcement 2 hours before the deletion we did. We wanted to ensure any unfair advantage gets taken away as soon as possible of the players that had already access to it more than half a day.

This was not perfect. But we try our best and we can get better with this kind of user input. So thank you.

Greetings

Tsuki

• There are already enough ways to communicate. As you might have noticed our team was just scrambled like hell, new supporters, new owners for server side administration etc. We are doing the best we can to maintain the cluster and try to guarantee the best ingame experience. I do not say there is no room for advancements, but one step at a time and an update like the one from S+ yesterday will always be a struggle. We will try to communicate in more ways, but even if we did this problem could not have been avoided, we had to remove the structures pretty soon after the announcement, so even if we did it in forum most of the players wouldn't have read it. Long story short: Yes, we will try to communicate more but we will keep the possibility to remove things hurting the server cluster even unannounced. If someone lacks common sense and builds imbalanced items from a brand new update it is up to him if he loses it.

• Gunnsen

Closed the thread.
  • Gunnsen

Added the Label Declined