OSDs, Titans, Snow Owls, and Gachas.

• Hello there everyone. I am new to this map, I just started playing on it, so I have a few questions for the veterans.

First: Orbital Supply Drops. Are the loot tables similar to those on the wiki, or are they custom like the rest of the beacon loot tables? Also what titan, if any, is good for defending them?

Some info on why I'd want to do it with a titan: we're a two people tribe, so doing it with normal dinos is a real hassle. Nothing short of mechs of gigas seems to cut it for red and purple drops, and we don't have access to mechs and we're afraid to use gigas because of their rage mechanic.

Second: Titans themselves. How long can you keep one? The standard five days one day (I checked the wiki and it seems that changed since I last checked)? Are they transferable in the cluster? Can they be caught in soul trappers? Can they be brought to bosses like the Brood Mother or Dragon? (Those are a lot of questions, I know, sorry.)

And third: Gachas and Snow Owls. Can you somehow automate the gathering of their drops (pellets and gacha crystals)? I've tried it with Item Collectors and the bunny thing that runs off kibble (sorry I can't remember it's name right now), but none could collect those drops. Is there a new engram in S+ or some other way?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I figured that if someone else already tried this stuff (and maybe failed at it) they could help me out. Thank you in advance for any answers I might get.

P.S.: Once I get my hands on a titan I'll test all of the questions I asked (or the ones left unanswered anyway), and make a thread to let everyone know the results. It might take a while though, they're very hard to tame.

• I have to be honest: I don't know all of your answers, but I will try to reply to as many of them as I can:

1. Are the loot tables similar to those on the wiki, or are they custom like the rest of the beacon loot tables?
      • We did not customize the Extinction loot tables
    2. Also what titan, if any, is good for defending them?
      • I never used a Titan to defend them, but I'd guess Desert Titan is your choice unless you want to take both, Ice and Forest, to the drop (enemies are spawning in different directions)
    3. How long can you keep one? The standard five days?
      • Not sure, but afaik we did not change those settings, so it should last as long as in Vanilla
    4. Are they transferable in the cluster?
      • Yes, this should not be a problem
    5. Can they be caught in soul trappers?
      • I am pretty sure we disabled it for the Dino Storage Mod, but I don't know if cryopods will work
    6. Can they be brought to bosses like the Brood Mother or Dragon?
      • Never tried this, but I bet it is not possible. You cannot use cryopods in the arena and the teleport has a drag-weight limit way lower then the titan's ones
    7. Can you somehow automate the gathering of their drops (pellets and gacha crystals)? Is there a new engram in S+ or some other way?
      • Haven't tried this in a long time, but there was no automation to this process when I last played Extinction. S+ did not receive any new items since then

We always did our OSD with Gigas, it was really easy and the only thing that ever enraged one of our Gigas is an Enraged Triceratops. As long as you keep an eye on those enemies and make sure they do not charge you it should not be a problem.

• Thank you very much for your answer Gunnsen. I suspected some of those answers, but I wanted to be sure. The last time I checked the wiki it said the Titans last five days, now that appears to have been changed in a patch so they only last one day like the Titanosaur. That, combined with how hard they are to tame, makes them an even bigger hassle for OSDs than the gigas can ever be, so I'll start looking into some decent gigas I guess.

I'll get a few gigas with decent saddles going, put them on aggressive, and fly around with my wyvern to kill any enraged dinos that approach. Also, if it's not too big of a hassle, what stats do you recommend for a giga if I'm to use them?