Dino Storage V2 Baby dino trap

• The new Dino Storage V2 have the possibilities to store baby and keep there care timer freeze. At the moment with the Cryo pod its reset there timer to vanilla rate's while the Soul Trap does the correct thing what the Crypod should do.

but, its disabled on this server. its almost impossible to imprint dino's with this huge imprint timers. Rex takes about 8 hours to imprint some of those dino's take even longer. which is kinda impossible for a solo players to imprint.

Are you guys going to enable this or is it going to stay like it is?

• If imprints were meant to be easily obtainable, then we would have the s+ nanny enabled.

If you want a full imprint, earn it. Trapping a baby and releasing it when it's convenient for you makes the process way too easy.

edit:

What people tend to forget is that an imprint is a bonus, not a must - have. Even in real life you dont get bonuses for nothing. They usually require some work.

How often do you imprint dinos? Most of them don't really need imprinting. And the ones that do, like rexes, take only a few hours to grow up - so you can as well find one day in a month and spend it on imprinting. Or wait for a breeding event and do it then, with only half of the time needed.

Edited once, last by Kat ().

• If imprints were meant to be easily obtainable, then we would have the s+ nanny enabled.

If you want a full imprint, earn it. Trapping a baby and releasing it when it's convenient for you makes the process way too easy.

It is easy though - difficulty isn't measured by time invested if that time is spent waiting 4 hours to press "E". Anyone can do that (if they disregard / don't have real life commitments)

The reason most of us play unofficial is because it reduces the grind needed to accomplish anything in this game compared to the ridiculous official rates - it's just not healthy

• There is no real solution for this, you can chose between making imprints hard and making imprints so easy that they are not a bonus. In my opinion the option to "freeze" imprint timers for as long as you like is the same like activating the nanny, so I am against this option.

There are a lot of players out there having the same problems. Some players tried to solve this by creating imprint allies. They chose a fitting server, formed a new tribe and worked together to get their imprints. And they levelled dinos that way, too. This is not ARKs Single Player, so try to work around those issues by forming the community and connect to other players.

• Yes, thats good. Just let us get everything on the first day without any effort.

I see that there are a lot of Solo-Players, with families, jobs and real life next to Ark. There are several options already to solve that problem.

1 you look for someone to have a second guy who help you just for the imprint time

2 you get one day holidays from real life and spend it on ark

3 you simply pay for the 100% imprint (thats why its possible to do so)

I have kids, wife, dog, cat, job and i took an amdin position because i like the community and wanted to help. There's no room to imprint a Giga, Tuso or even a Yuty so i go and vote everyday, sell sometimes dinos or other stuff and pay for the imprints. problem solved.

I'm also not agree with it.

Best regards Tj

• I do agree that the nanny makes it to easy to imprint dino's but with the Soul trapper you still need to spend that full 8 hours to imprint. instant of hatch the Egg end go to sleep while Nanny does his job

I joined the Unofficial server so I don't grind, atm you need a 7 hours to imprint a Rex. you need a full day off to a full imprint a rex

100% imprinting isn't a bonus anymore. 30% reduce damage and damage + stats is alot more then a bonus if you ask me.

• Tjenemit and Kat, i think the reasons are just ridiculous, it has really 0 effect on a PVE-Server, if my neighbor has a 100% imprinted Dino or not. I just don't care.

It is easy though - difficulty isn't measured by time invested if that time is spent waiting 4 hours to press "E". Anyone can do that (if they disregard / don't have real life commitments)

The reason most of us play unofficial is because it reduces the grind needed to accomplish anything in this game compared to the ridiculous official rates - it's just not healthy

First of all, i totally agree with Daisho.

If we would play PVP, i would understand the "earn" argument, but as we play PVE, it's just ridiculous, it was meant to be an "afterwork"-server, as much as i read about Ghost Division. I think, the split imprint possibility would be awesome, for people, who work and try to find a good life, work and gaming balance. I don't c, why i shouldn't have earned my 100% Giga, if i split-imprint him over 2 or 3 days, or do a fucking nightshift...

For Tjenemit: About your first Point:

1. I need another one to imprint my Dino, well, not everyone wants to play in 1 tribe.

2. So, i don't want to do a nightshift, my friend should do it?

3. I don't earn my 100% imprint on my Giga, Mosa or Plesio, cause i don't want to sit in front of the computer all day?

4. to my third point, sounds a bit like:"I love to live online, so i don't want anyone else, who doesn't live online to have full imprints, without GCs..." - sounds childish

About your second argument:

It wouldn't harm anyone, if i could spent the morning breeding, do whatever i want at the afternoon, and continue breeding at the evening, or continue about 2 weeks later... It still has 0 effect on the other tribes. You what kind of fun, would it take from you, u could do it the same way, u did it before, just don't use the possibility. It's just a week argument.

About your third point:

That's true, but a Giganoto for example, is even with a shift system hard to get a 100% bonus, the taking a walk option, is just too buggy.

As much as i understood Kat and Tjenemit, ur just saying, if u don't sacrifice a whole day, u don't earn a fully imprinted Dino.

As i said before, I disagree with u two.

• agree.

and only this: play for fun! not: live for play!

• I agree with everything, PvE should be easy to do, especially if you don't actually have any friends to help you imprint and stuff like that. I know just making a friend on server is easy, but I've seen and read about tribes getting entire bases deleted because of their "friend" not following all the rules. *shrugs* I'm literally the only person I know who plays ARK (that i can actually trust), so my solution has been to set a timer and stuff so that I'm never late. This includes waking up at 2 am for an imprint and then trying to go back to sleep after.

• As long as the babies are frozen their imprint timer does not count down anyway. I also think that given that, it should really be considered to simply enable this option. It's peoples' problem if it takes a week for imprinting a dino and after all, you gotta have it standing around the same time as before in total if I understand that correctly.

Being able to imprint them and still get 7 hours of sleep a night and go to work or uni or whatever seems much better than what we have rn. If it takes a week to do so, so be it. I personally am stuck in a work - ark balance in which I can't raise anything at all anymore and asking another person to stay up for me for 26 hours (> gigas on extinction) is just unreal if we're honest. I have a 3 person tribe with everybody down to having less than 5 consecutive hours per day or even less, to play ark (= all our free time). We can't do shifts. We do play here bc we DO NOT want to play official due to the amount of time needed there.

My entire game progress is stalling bc I can't raise my dinos to a point I need them to be at. I don't want to pay for imprinting a bunch of gigas I am going to lose in the next drop due to a game crash like yesterday either.

All this worked well a couple of months ago when my weekends were free (and hell have I been lucky with that, most people don't even have that) and now I understand why people wish for a feature like this.

I am PRO frozen babies.

• This is the one and only thing that requires some investment left, if you enable this there will never be another non imprinted dino, ever.

Can aswell make them pop out 100% imprinted too than imo..

Reminds me a bit of wow when it started to fail, they also gave in to the "hey i have a job" crowd..

We all know how that worked out for them :rolleyes:

I wonder if GD were to give in to this, what would be next than..?

Rex saddles in every red drop maybe..?

Hunting drops for weeks is not fun right, and hey i have a job..?

Firmly AGAINST this.

• there are 2 huge things difference between hunting drops and imprinting, you can hunt drops whenever you want while on imprinting you must get on Ark each 1.5 hours for full day(imprinting giga).

• there are 2 huge things difference between hunting drops and imprinting, you can hunt drops whenever you want while on imprinting you must get on Ark each 1.5 hours for full day(imprinting giga).

I understand that for a giga it requires a serious investment, but they are after all the power house of the game, so it should be hard imo.

• I understand that for a giga it requires a serious investment, but they are after all the power house of the game, so it should be hard imo.

that was just a example, any dino to do bosses would be impossible to imprint for someone who has a "live", while its still possible to get sick loot.

• A rex takes like 4 or 5 imprints tops, which is easily doable in the weekends if you don't have enough time during weekdays.

Also "Ghost Division server network since 2015"

If it worked well for so long, i don't see why it should be changed just to please a couple.

• Im kinda for Baby freezing and kinda against it. I see the point of Blunt which would make it too easy to imprint a dino and on the other hand i see the need for people like arca.

For me in example i get a ton of eggs in a week and just breed them on the weekends when i need the Imprint. In my opinion thats enough but i wouldnt mind that feature to be activated.

- Neutral like my land.