Extinction changes

• Nope there are no plans to wipe Extinction. Decision was made to prevent a wipe and it's always our goal NOT to wipe.

For PvP we made the decision, because other than on PvE, the Winter event with OP santa loot was enabled all the time, while it was disabled on PvE. Therefore there is already higher loot than you usually get from loot tables on the entire PvP cluster.

Fair enough - I did wonder why we had no Christmas event on PvE. I'm just happy I can use my snowy owl and velonosaurs on the Island now. Cheers Admin team

Any ideas when the transfers will be implemented?

• In my opinion the Impact on PVe wouldnt be that much if we would open everything. Just opening the Dino transport will allow people to get the dinos from Extinction but they still had to start with 0 over there and to build up to just get them. What would be unfair for other peoples?

Tools with high damage due to gacha: As we just found out the farming rate is 3x but the healt is low which makes it a real 1.5x.

As they do more damage in real they are much more worse than a primitive pickaxe/Hatchet/etc.

Weapons: Alright People do more damage on dinos... its still pve, you cant kill someone with a op weapon on pve because.. its pve right?

So i really dont see the point here, can someone clear that up? or am i missing the point?

• Yeah this was what I was saying - I guess it could be argued that it would ruin the economy but it wouldn't really as the OP stuff will just have really high values because it is rare. OP blueprints would ruin the economy

• There are no OP-Blueprints from Gachas.

Tbh, the 2-3 ppl who transfered everything to Extinction wont win anything from this changes - map is still dead. That means no trades, little to none Intercation with other players, no new players. Maybe im wrong with this, time will tell.

• Yeah this was what I was saying - I guess it could be argued that it would ruin the economy but it wouldn't really as the OP stuff will just have really high values because it is rare. OP blueprints would ruin the economy

Yep and as i understood that there were no OP blueprints, right?

Economy, yea thats a thing. Those would just be very expensive or frikin cheap because the tools are useless ;)

• Nope there are no plans to wipe Extinction. Decision was made to prevent a wipe and it's always our goal NOT to wipe.

For PvP we made the decision, because other than on PvE, the Winter event with OP santa loot was enabled all the time, while it was disabled on PvE. Therefore there is already higher loot than you usually get from loot tables on the entire PvP cluster.

There is better loot but wildcard themselves nerfed santa gacha in the first 4-5 hours. So not alot of ppl managed to "abuse" santa gacha.

Anyway glad to see that was misunderstanding with original post and PvP extinction will be fully open/merged with the cluster

• I honestly agree with you here because it just feels like PvE servers are treated like they are really PvP, and PvP are treated like PvE.

• im not sure where i saw this but you may be able to cap item stats and it applies the cap when the server restarts or you download an item. a google search does not bring anything up though. so it may have been wrong info.

• im not sure where i saw this but you may be able to cap item stats and it applies the cap when the server restarts or you download an item. a google search does not bring anything up though. so it may have been wrong info.

I did some research on this and found this configuration option.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Serv…figuration#ItemStatClamps

That might be an option for Extinction to cap the overpowered items. After that a transfer of items might be possible to other servers. This will cap the armor and the weapon damage to the official values.

.the-ghost-division.com/attachment/6878/

• Yea but i dont think that these rates should be it. For me as an example I have a Masterwork longneck with 350% and its not even from Extinction. But i really like the idea but it will have some configuration before.

• Of course, it's just the setting I linked, the value could be adjusted to match non extinction rates. Also this setting should just be activated once on extinction to cap existing items. It should not be activated on any other server.

• We are ideed currently investigating the possibility to use the item clamp for Extinction to get rid of the items. But there are two downsides coming with that:

1. If we activate the item clamp even once all crafted Items with a good amount of crafting bonus will get nerfed. Even if we could set (not sure about the possibilities, Kogadins is in contact with WildCard devs to get more insights) the clamp to i.e. 400% weapon damage and 170 saddle armor we would still nerf a lot of "regular" items.

2. If we open item transfer away from Extinction on PvE we still have a problem with the ridiculous amount of blueprints you get on Extinction. This just doesn't match our loot tables on the other servers.

• Oh thats sad. Can we figure out what the highest one on the normal PVE servers is and cap it to that? and can we cap like blueprints? Additional to that, the amount of blueprints were not something to worry about on PVP? or how did you manage it there?

• On PvP blueprints got a whole other value. First of all they are the most important loot you can get at a raid. Second of all it is way more important for new players to get blueprints to catch up with long term players. Another point is that the christmas event has been active on PvP so there are much more blueprints on the server than on PvE resulting in less worth for a single bp. Trading is a much less important factor in PvP too (you cannot even trust that you are not being robbed when coming to the trade), so the competition in blueprints is not a factor, too. Also you can get a lot of crafted items from foreign blueprints by looting players (especially in a raid).

All in all PvP is a completely different topic regarding blueprints and loots.

• Well at some point u have to live with the fact that extinction is endgame and ARK is at a point where its not developed much further - there are so much bps on the PVE-Cluster even without Extinction, no one even cares anymore i guess. Tbh why find more reasons to not open uploads on extinction if there is a solution for probably the biggest/worst problem.

• I heard the "rumors" too, but i think they were talking about ATLAS. If they really announce Season Pass V2 people will be really mad, and we all know how shitsorms in the past affected developers/publishers.

I don't want to offend your guys, i know u are discussing it - and we all know the Stat-Clamp is only a Band Aid.

• Well at some point u have to live with the fact that extinction is endgame and ARK is at a point where its not developed much further - there are so much bps on the PVE-Cluster even without Extinction, no one even cares anymore i guess. Tbh why find more reasons to not open uploads on extinction if there is a solution for probably the biggest/worst problem.

Other people complain about not finding enough bps...

The Wiki page above is new. It was added today after i worked 15 hours non stop to find out how it works. Before my research we knew nothing about this feature. Everything explained in this Wiki page is my work and the work of one of the mods in the official Forums. And this is brutal to configure.