Extinction changes

• For PVE, it works as the same way, what about people that spent every single ressources on extinction, I brang 120k metal ingot and all my ressources, it’s not part of the opness of some things but it would be wiped too ? That’s not coherent, a PVE server is kinda the same with OP items, even if you have 5k armor or 500 because you will still a lot too. The only thing that might be OP is the longneck because it helps a lot for taming but the ressources or other items does not look pretty OP on this server, event the element are designed to be harvested that fast on this map because everything mostly requires element to craft or to use or to feed.

That’s my PVE opinion, I know we can discuss on it but it would be sad to wipe things that are not related to the gachas or element veins.

• FYI: You shouldn't expect a common team response anytime soon. The team is kinda busy with private stuff, visiting family and friends over holidays.

• those who decide to tame titans now have a MUCH harder time using them and keeping them alive.

Hi, I am new here and the reason I am new is because myself and an entire community from a large PvP cluster are out looking for a new home. The reason they are looking is because an admin team failed to see the level of destruction caused by allowing Titans in PvP. While they did ban it in the long run, the damage was done. The owners have now closed the servers and discord after 3 years with 1 wipe. The cluster, outside of The Island, averaged in the top 300 with Extinction being the best, top 150 for Battlemetrics. During the last community meeting for that cluster, the main tribes who tamed the titans for PvP could not believe this was allowed. How easy it was, especially the Desert titan and how it only took one person, and a snow owl to tame. One of them referenced the developer stream where WC said "the design is FOR the King Titan fight." It is a PvE addition to the game and we all know how WC is with balance. Too little too late.

Even if I don't join this community, or anyone from my old community, I would implore the Admins and Staff to outright ban Titans from PvP Raids. Allow them for Bosses, but nothing crushes a community more then a wipe with no counter.

P.S. We even discussed allowing them for Defense, but then tribes keep them in their backyard, holding them and preventing access for those who need them for PvE. The nerfs by WC didn't change a damn thing, trust me.

I know Ark and PvP is not easy on Admins, so I encourage this community to reach out and toss a thank you for all their hard work. I would know, and a little high five and appreciation goes a long way.

• Titans now have a 15 minute timer where they are completely unusable after transfer and take increased damage after download, they also take more damage from turrets and meks. They are not as big an issue as they once were.

• PvP:

Hello everyone,

the team discussed the topic and evaluated pros and cons. We have now made the decision that we will open item and dino transfer out of Extinction on the PvP Cluster. The item and dino transfer to Extinction will be opened too. There will be no wipe whatsoever!

----------

PvE:

Hello everyone,

the team discussed the topic and evaluated pros and cons. We have now made the decision that we will only open dino transfer out of Extinction on the PvE Cluster. Item transfer out of Extinction will stay blocked for obvious reasons (gacha OP loot). We are aware that some players decided to move their entire belongings to Extinction and we are not interested in wiping this players to be able to open the item transfer for balanced items. Therefore, item transfer will stay closed.

There will be no wipe whatsoever!

• Kogadins

Set the Label from In discussion to Accepted

PvP:

Hello everyone,

the team discussed the topic and evaluated pros and cons. We have now made the decision that we will **open item and dino transfer out of Extinction on the PvP** Cluster. There will be no wipe whatsoever!

I would like to know the reason behind the decision to ONLY be able to transfer stuff out. Gacha loot will be spread out and titans will still be able to be transferred out , so why limit players to not be able to transfer stuff in?

The 2 main worries of the community was gacha loot and titans , are adressing neither but not only that , but u restrict transfers in

• I would also like to add that this decision is basicly "self-destrution" , the guys who had the "opportunity" to farm gacha loot will now be able to roam the cluster while the rest will never have the chance for the same items.

Now moving to tames Basicly u are locking the server to the ppl that are already advanced to roam the server with manas and velos and titans while the rest of the cluster will have to start from 0 while "hiding" cause they will have 0 chance of fighting back.

Last but not least , transfering items out of extinction on PVE is issue cause of gacha loot? Why is that not an issue on PVP?!?!

TL;DR , I think this is the worst possible outcome , with this decision not only you didnt adress the worries of the community but enchanced them by creating more

• Did you leave that out or just change after feedback? Makes more sense to open both ways, not it can join the cluster which is good news.

We thought it would be open already. Extinction won't be safe haven obviously.

• I would love to see the item wipe or item transfer out of extinction on pve. Now you have to be very careful to make yourself completely nude before transferring to extinction. If you forget to turn off some pieces and put it to a storage it‘s lost on extinction. That‘s always my greatest fear.

I would like to just jump to extinction as to other maps.

• I'm glad the admins are not making snap decisions on this but I don't understand one thing;

Why is OP gacha loot an issue on PvE but not on PvP? On PvE a 600% longneck means less darts to knock something out, on PvP it is an unfair advantage and can ruin other people's gameplay experience. I don't PvP anymore but it seems to me that it should be the other way around

• I dont think this is going to revive Extinction over time. I mean while i understand why u dont want to wipe PVE, there are very few ppl who transfered everything to Extinction. In the long run its going to be the bigger problem for the whole cluster, ppl dont want to play a map that's not connected like the rest - maybe dont even want to play on a Server where the endgame-map ist not fully connected.

• I dont think this is going to revive Extinction over time. I mean while i understand why u dont want to wipe PVE, there are very few ppl who transfered everything to Extinction. In the long run its going to be the bigger problem for the whole cluster, ppl dont want to play a map that's not connected like the rest - maybe dont even want to play on a Server where the endgame-map ist not fully connected.

I agree - I think what they will probably do is allow dino transfers, wait for the current population of extinction to get bored and stop playing the map (maybe 2 - 3 months), then wipe it and open all transfers

• I agree - I think what they will probably do is allow dino transfers, wait for the current population of extinction to get bored and stop playing the map (maybe 2 - 3 months), then wipe it and open all transfers

Nope there are no plans to wipe Extinction. Decision was made to prevent a wipe and it's always our goal NOT to wipe.

For PvP we made the decision, because other than on PvE, the Winter event with OP santa loot was enabled all the time, while it was disabled on PvE. Therefore there is already higher loot than you usually get from loot tables on the entire PvP cluster.