Honest feedback from an experienced tribe

• Hey everyone,

these thoughts are shared by myself and my tribe, who have played on this server for a long time.

So far we have done 3 raids on the new cluster. 2 have resulted in orp abuse. The people who done it both times had full high grades items such as industrial forge, grinder etc and not a single turret. Both time the guilty party spoke openly about doing the combat logging on purpose and knowing what they are doing. One ticket has been answered and admins acknowledged they combat logged. My question is why are these players given either a warning or no punishment whatsoever? Why is someone who knows the rules and understands what they are doing allowed to keep playing these servers? It is destroying the PvP element of these servers, which was demoralising in the last servers. Around 80% of the raids I took part in on old gd resulted in combat logging, it was a known issue. Now on the new servers it seems that nothing has changed, tribes get away with stuff time and again.

The second ORP abuse case was a guy who was told to log out by his tribe member who was not online, and then messaged me a barrage of abuse and threats in discord. This has still to be dealt with and I understand admins are busy IRL and with other stuff. But since it happened he has played around 12 more hours on the server. Why are players spending countless hours farming and taming on a pvp cluster and not building defences? What is the point of playing on these servers if at the first sight of pvp you log offline?

Our last raid resulted in a tribe surrendering, stalling by not turning stuff off, then flying drakes away with all their gear in it. Why is this an option? You spend ages preparing and setting up for a raid and they can see you and go nope. Also, after flying to check I discovered that they simply moved their stuff to an outpost after surrendering then after the raid they flew it back.

We honestly feel like these punishments have to be more severe and more enforcement if possible. The frustration that is caused by this is making us want to quit playing on this cluster. After all what is the point of playing on a PvP server in a PvE environment. A conversation needs to be had about this, I am open to criticism on our opinions and please keep in mind I am very frustrated while typing this so sorry if it is a bit ranty.

• My question is why are these players given either a warning or no punishment whatsoever?

We've always given warnings to people and you should know that very well. You're wrong if you assume every violation is punished with a ban.
    In one case it made no difference if he got punished by getting his storages unlocked because he had a stone base and you blew it up and got everything anyway. Also, he was new and just had a handful of low level tames and you killed them all. Additionally, he wrote us a ticket about that issue and what I said to him in his ticket is none of your business.

We take care of things and when we come to a certain conclusion and make a decision it's for a reason. We don't have to justify everything to everyone.

Now on the new servers it seems that nothing has changed, tribes get away with stuff time and again.

That's your assumption. The other tickets haven't been solved yet.

Also, it's you who raids a bunch of new guys and if they are inexperienced and just got some of the better stuff like a forge, you pop up and destroy everything. It's comprehensable for those players to just rage quit in the heat of the moment. Still, just because we are not having public excecutions doesn't mean we don't note violations or have a talk with the offender.

Why are players spending countless hours farming and taming on a pvp cluster and not building defences?

Scrubs, Scrubz.

Amateurs farm differently and often focus on wrong things... and then they get raided and lose all that, hence rage quit.

Our last raid resulted in a tribe surrendering, stalling by not turning stuff off,...

So, you got tricked.

Why is this an option?

It always was. We've asked others to give up and sometimes they did and let us into their base. After checking their BPs we left with something and sometimes nothing.
    Most people just don't use that option and rather chose brute force, but that's their problem. If someone used it to trick you it's legitimate.

Also, after flying to check I discovered that they simply moved their stuff to an outpost after surrendering then after the raid they flew it back.

Raided outpost doesn't grant raid protection i.e. an outpost is not covered by raid protection. You could have raided the outpost first and then attack their main base.

The frustration that is caused by this is making us want to quit playing on this cluster. After all what is the point of playing on a PvP server in a PvE environment.

Then stop raiding noobs and give people some time to learn, build up and have something good they can fight with and gives them a reason to fight for.

• So, you got tricked.

So the attacker shouldnt care about the defender saying "we surrender" and keep blowing up stuff?

Then stop raiding noobs and give people some time to learn, build up and have something good they can fight with and gives them a reason to fight for.

This is pretty much claiming that you should let anyone breed their bloodlines ready and farm countless hours just because they cant bother at placing down turrets. Of course you take the opportunity to raid a big metal base with active players and get free loot if they havent put up turrets in a week... We attacked with a lvl 100 rock drake and 2 players while they had several 250+ megalos and pvp gear ready.

• So the attacker shouldnt care about the defender saying "we surrender" and keep blowing up stuff?

They should at first but if you see them moving around, not disabling turrets etc. it's easy to tell something's fishy. If someone lies about their capitulation you are not bound to the agreement.
    I've changed the rule accordingly. Now it covers all aspects and you are free to decide if you want to accept the surrender.

Of course you take the opportunity to raid a big metal base with active players and get free loot if they havent put up turrets in a week...

Not necessarily. There was a phase when we had no competition and raiding stone or unarmed bases isn't fun. Additionally, our behavior had a negative impact on the morale of the other players and we were told to not exaggerate, so we did wait 2-3 weeks for them to catch up and raided only metal bases with 100+ turrets. Under the bottom line we got more loot that way and it was more entertaining and it cost nothing but a bit patience.

your replies are the same to every thread that has suggestions or critism in it.

In some cases we have a position that isn't changed just because some people want it to e.g. enabling the S+ Nanny or the transfer tool.

Criticism is taken into consideration in some cases like the fridge slot count was increased and the S+ ForceField disabled despite the C4 fix. The argument that it can be enabled at any time and takes no element since it can be powered by the TEK generator was good enough.

• So when the tribe that announced their surrender and had it accepted is still running around, the attacker has to gather evidence that they didn't actually surrender in case of "We surrendered but they didn't stop the raid" ticket? :igelballoon:

Kinda obvious but people will have doubt, it should be added to the rule :3

• So when the tribe that announced their surrender and had it accepted is still running around, the attacker has to gather evidence that they didn't actually surrender in case of "We surrendered but they didn't stop the raid" ticket? :igelballoon:

Kinda obvious but people will have doubt, it should be added to the rule :3

[...]

Announcing the surrender, leaving the base and inviting a member of the attacking tribe has to happen in under 2 minutes. If the attacked tribe exceeds this time frame, is still moving/using animals or not all tribe memers that are currently online came out of the base, the request can be seen as an attempt at deception, which means it is no longer valid and the attacker may continue the raid. [...]

The attacked tribe should be willing to be imprisoned or at least stay out of their base in a place where the opponent can watch them at all times. [...]

https://the-ghost-division.com/pvp-en/

Tribe announcement in global chat is logged as well as the invitation. We can see by the time stamp if the agreement was valid or not.
    In case of people not being imprisoned and returning to their base and starting to move stuff around after the agreement was met, the attacker is allowed to reject the agreement and it's like with unnecessary destruction accusations... have some evidence at hand. It's common sense from my POV and most bigger tribes take screens during a raid or use Shadow Play anyway.

• i was in 1 ORP abuse ,but i didnt want to do it, i know the rules, and i try to log out just on time, but looks like my pc is little slow, cuz its need 1-2 min to exit to main menu, so i stayed "in game" for that time and its looks like i go offline when raid starts, any1 my misstake and i accept it, my bad, i should use ALT + F4 or Task manager to leave instantly (i know for next time).

But i dont see point killing /raiding/ who have small 6x6 stone base with ind forge and grinder and killing all dinos (u can get ind forge in 3h on abberation on this rates) and i didnt have any "strong dino" karkino is 40 lvl, only paracer and anky was a bit good cuz i tame it on the green area, didnt have any attacking dino (spino,mega,corno,ravager,rock drake), but oke.

Anyway in the end, raider didnt break any rule, but i feal like i lost moral to play anymore, now i only playing for 1-2h max per day, its stupid showing strenght to some1 who is 10 time weaker.

1 rock drake can kill all i have in that base. whats there interesting... killing 10 small dinos who producing light ? :D

sorry on my english, i am learning.

• Kane you literally accused me of raiding your base after an imaginary 20 minutes orp timer in discord and lied about combat logging. You accused me at least twice that day in discord...

• They should at first but if you see them moving around, not disabling turrets etc. it's easy to tell something's fishy. If someone lies about their capitulation you are not bound to the agreement.
    I've changed the rule accordingly. Now it covers all aspects and you are free to decide if you want to accept the surrender

Now the rule is lot more clear, thx for responding and making a nice set of changes to it, we really appreciate it because we want to keep enjoying our playtime on this cluster.

Not necessarily. There was a phase when we had no competition and raiding stone or unarmed bases isn't fun. Additionally, our behavior had a negative impact on the morale of the other players and we were told to not exaggerate, so we did wait 2-3 weeks for them to catch up and raided only metal bases with 100+ turrets. Under the bottom line we got more loot that way and it was more entertaining and it cost nothing but a bit patience.

I know what you mean but our situation was a lot different this time. The cluster had been online only for a week and we were equal to the tribe we attacked in terms of power (they even had better and more tames than us). It wasnt like we were attacking some bobs, we used up pretty much all resources we had to make up the raid gear and our own base was smaller and only had maybe 4 turrets up at the time :P

• Kane you literally accused me of raiding your base after an imaginary 20 minutes orp timer in discord and lied about combat logging. You accused me at least twice that day in discord...

sorry, when i find out everything what happen, i needed few days, it was my fault.

• Sorry that i combat logged aswell was waiting for admin to unstuck my character for like 30-45min because i got stuck flying with my character Zargeon can prove this. Was waiting fro help or for him to starve to death. Was in the middle of breeding rock drakes meantime so needed to log in on my other computer with another account from my tribe to see so it didn't die. That computer sucks tho can't barely move with it xD

When you blowed up stuff my computer freezed and couldn't do much and it crashed :(

And i know its my fault for not trying to log in again :(

I would hate it aswell if i was the one raided someone im sorry

And now im banned or something because im got a kick form the server diractly when i try to log in :(

Its my fault i know but my friends account is banned aswell and he wasn't even online it was me :(

• Two of you guys were online though, you both combat logged and you guys have like x3 the hours of my tribe. I believe 2 of you have a temp ban of 2 days.

Appreciate the apologies though. Combat logging has no place in a pvp server 😊