S+ Tek Generator on Raft, why not?

• Hey @admins/owners.

Just wondering why we can't have Tek Generators on Rafts.
    They are supposed to basically be a second base since we can't have an outpost AND a raft.

Is there a reason, like is it super overpowered in some way?
    Or does it grief people somehow? I've never tried this on non-singleplayer.

Thanks!

• Not our decision, it is a basic Ark "feature". The Ark Wiki says

Although other Tek structures such as Tek Turrets can be placed on rafts or other mobile bases, the Tek Generator can not, as doing so renders it useless.

Why WC programmed the generator like this is not known, but I think a mobile, wireless generator is indeed very very powerful. Don''t know if it is the same with other platforms, so a mobile generator might still be possible.

• noelpy people can grief with foundations and pillars aswell, i don't think we should prevent things and not allow some things because of griefers because they can always get banned and prevented from joining our servers.

• noelpy - he was asking about Generators, and I don't see a teleporter on his original design of the Tek Raft :)

for me the only thing which really makes sense for enabling the s+ generator on raft was the teleporter - so i can easily travel to my raft without needing to drop my items (bed fast-travel). everything else I use is covered by the normal generator.

thats why i asked (and i cant see pictures from my smartphone).

noelpy people can grief with foundations and pillars aswell, i don't think we should prevent things and not allow some things because of griefers because they can always get banned and prevented from joining our servers.

fully agree with your point. im sure if everybody is playing like you (most of the community are good guys) - we are able to activate even the teleporter.

but sadly there are some people out, which got fun to annoy/grief the good guys. thats why we have introduced some rules and restrictions.

pillars/foundations can be deleted from us. but dead dinos teleported out of your waterpen cant be restored.

• for me the only thing which really makes sense for enabling the s+ generator on raft was the teleporter - so i can easily travel to my raft without needing to drop my items (bed fast-travel). everything else I use is covered by the normal generator.

thats why i asked (and i cant see pictures from my smartphone).

Oh I mean, you can do the same thing with a transmitter on a raft if you transfer servers then transfer back to a bed on the raft. Takes a bit more work, but more or less the same effect with a few restrictions.

It was mostly for shield generator and turrets.

I duno man, just seemed like something fun. Not like life or death you know haha.