S+ vivarium

• Crafting the newly released s+ vivarium is forbidden. The structure is bugged and will be removed. We will not refund its costs. Anyone caught on using this structure will be punished.

Update:

The structure has been fixed and will be enabled.

However, if you find out it's bugged or introduces some shady mechanics, don't use it and report immediately. All kind of abuse will be punished.

• Crafting the newly released s+ vivarium is forbidden. The structure is bugged and will be removed. We will not refund its costs. Anyone caught on using this structure will be punished.

Ahh, so you guys have probably been testing stuff for bugs before bringing servers back up. Well, thank you for the hard work, too bad it's bugged :\ Looked like a decent band-aid to tame cap for a while.

Fingers crossed it's fixed soon.

• It has some unwanted side effects. Very game breaking. The structure has been disabled already.

• Alright alright...I was just curious...gotta try it out in singleplayer then and see for myself. I did not ask to use any bugs on your servers which I could not do anyways since it already is disabled. I stick to your rules because I like to be part of this community. Never used bugs before in ARK that I knew of and I don't plan on changing that.

• Too bad...it sounds like it could lessen the tame problem slightly IF it were working. Hope they fix it or is the function itself unwanted if I may ask?

It could but it wouldn't do alot because it requires 100 element to craft and gets powered by a tek generator.

Meaning only end-game people will have it, plus it's not sure yet that it reduces the dino count it might still count the dinos on tamecap.

• It could but it wouldn't do alot because it requires 100 element to craft and gets powered by a tek generator.

Meaning only end-game people will have it, plus it's not sure yet that it reduces the dino count it might still count the dinos on tamecap.

You're right it might not reduce the count at all. I remember reading that they "spawn" tames into the wolrd when the structure is destroyed, that is why I got the impression that it might reduce the tame count.

• Please consider doing something about the 24h upload timer if the server stays down for long. I constantly have dinos and items uploaded, needless to say those haven't been checked on for 13h now. (Oh look, another argument against the 24h timer! :D )

• Please consider doing something about the 24h upload timer if the server stays down for long. I constantly have dinos and items uploaded, needless to say those haven't been checked on for 13h now. (Oh look, another argument against the 24h timer! :D )

I totally support this...lost my 185 Ice Wyvern which I imprinted to 100% on an upload because I was sick one day with a migrane which in my case kinda denies you sitting infront of a PC monitor. At least not without severe pain which I dislike. ;) Not having to check it in 24h would be great...maybe the same 7 days time you get for server sided tames? The question is, why it is set to 24h to begin with? Has that technical or stability reasons? Does anyone know?

• And even more since right now we CAN'T check in. I know that I had dinos which were around 19h on timer when I went offline yesterday. So they will be gone in the early afternoon. And since I didn't see a single argument as to why to keep the timers that low, I would find it unacceptable to lose them through an issue like this. Easily preventable...

• The structure has been fixed and will be enabled. However, if you find out it's bugged or introduces some shady mechanics, don't use it and report immediately. All kind of abuse will be punished.

• Minimal, It's expensive to build and requires endgame or abberation. Maybe 1/10 Tribes will have one.

that isn't even the most relevant part. It is mostly useful for kibble dinos, as they then don't consume food, are safe and lay eggs without having to worry about stasis - but, most people have their kibble dinos on some other server anyway (like I do on center)

• Minimal, It's expensive to build and requires endgame or abberation. Maybe 1/10 Tribes will have one.

That's not what I was asking about, but thanks for the answer tho. My question is are dinos in vivarium gonna add up to species limit (every family 10 + 30 x 3 family by choice) ? Just to make it more clear lets try with real life example(sic!) : if I'm going to have 80 argentawis in my tribe, but 70 of them are gonna be keeped in vivarium, am I breaking the server rules? cheers mates!

• Colonel you would not be breaking the server rules. Dino's in the vivarium essentially "do not exist" on the server. It is like you transferred them off to another server. As per the developer:

They don't exist in the game at all while in the vivarium. They do not consume food, count against the tame cap or anything else... they are simply a variable saved to the structure at that point.

So I would say you would in no way be breaking the rules. If however your vivarium gets destroyed and the dino's spawn into the world you could then be in violation of the rules. Also not sure how this works regarding Ragnarok and the tame limit. Like if a Vivarium is destoyed at tame limit do the DIno's spawn anyways and push us above and beyond the tame limit? Do they simply not have room to spawn back into the world and are destoryed? Unclear and I have no way to test myself.