Can I temporarily build/grow dinos inside The Ice Cave?

• Hi everyone,
    The Ice Cave is the one located at lat 29.1 ,lon 31.8
    I've Completed this cave before with Lots of Crossbows and Grapples and Bug Repellent.I tried the same thing in single player with newer updates but with new addition of Purlovias and Polar Bears and the bug where they spawn at the roof or on the walls, is was near impossible.i would get stunned by Purlovias and everything else take care of me.so here are new methods that i googled/ came into my mind.
    1.Raising Dinos in the cave, specifically Dire bears. There are no rules against it but someone in Global chat told me to ask here.no structures will be built, just mating the bears outside and bringing babies in.
    2.using pillars and spikes you can make chokepoints around the cave and kill them like that, but im not sure if the server allows building inside caves and there's a rule against building structures in caves. if building is possible , is creating these temporary chokepoints against the rules?

if there's any other way to do this feel free to post it here.also if anyone knows how to prevent the stun , please post it here. i know explosives damage traped Purlovias but since they're in the walls/ roofs i cant see them before its too late

oh and i know you can get the artifact from rag but tame limit and transfer is a pain and i kinda like the challange

• Not exactly sure which cave you're talking about, however the rules state;

[Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/8948d12fd73c4644724b8947ec135901.png]

So, no you're not allowed to build inside a ''Ice Cave''

thanks for the clearification, im talking about the one with yetis and bears . heres the link to ark wiki
    https://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Cave

that leaves growing dinos inside the cave a possible option. i cant find any rule related to that so im assuming its alright , but someone told me i should check before. so can i do it?

• thanks for the clearification, im talking about the one with yetis and bears . heres the link to ark wiki
    https://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Cave

that leaves growing dinos inside the cave a possible option. i cant find any rule related to that so im assuming its alright , but someone told me i should check before. so can i do it?

It's not smart since alot of wild shit spawns in there, but let a admin decide I guess

Kat Le1tna

• You can grow it there, but remove when you leave the cave so it won't block it for other players.

• So it is not OK to leave a creature in a cave? Saw a lot of beasts in multiple caves, in one case it really sucked (Megatherium in Island Swamp cave blocks or eats a lot of Meganeura). Shall we create tickets regarding those tames/breeds?

• If a dino parked in a cave interruptus your game by eg. blocking the passage then you should open a ticket and we will check it.

• so can get a confirmation are you allowed to leave a dino in the cave after its grown for future use aslong as it doesn't obstruct anything or anyone's way?

• Is it possible to place a Tek Transmitter inside a cave? That would make using tames and taking them with you once you are finished alot easier. Never tried it though...

No building inside caves im afraid

But im thinking about a quetzal with air conditioners on a long platform would help hatch eggs inside a cave, lol.

• you cant built in artefact caves. Caves are made to be done with the dinos which fits into the hole of the entrance.

Doesnt really make sense to stay several hours into a cave to grow 1 Dino up. Then kill it again after 1 Caverun.

• Did you ever do the ice cave after they added Purlovia? It really is a pain in the ***. I bet it is much more time-consuming to do the cave normal style than to breed a dino, use it and kill it afterwards.

We did the cave with the pre-wipe-equipment and levels (>600% weapons, imba armor etc) and we did not make it out alive. Noone does the cave on official server without rexes!

• you cant built in artefact caves. Caves are made to be done with the dinos which fits into the hole of the entrance.

Doesnt really make sense to stay several hours into a cave to grow 1 Dino up. Then kill it again after 1 Caverun.

theres a glitch that allows you to bypass it and build in artifact caves.

• Cheating/ bugusing/ glitching is forbidden.
  • Just remember

And Gunnsen i am not sure what you gonna breed then. since even dinos with a low maturation time like a direwolf take 5 hours to grow up. I think in those 5 hours you have better things to do then to wait in that cave.

Just a question: Is it forbidden to cheat or use bugs and glitches? 8o

Just remember

And Gunnsen i am not sure what you gonna breed then. since even dinos with a low maturation time like a direwolf take 5 hours to grow up. I think in those 5 hours you have better things to do then to wait in that cave.

Yeah, I know, that is why we did it without animals. We never tried afterwards and got the artifact from other maps. But I would understand someone who is taking this time.