maybe a solution for the tame-limit thingy

• We have already discussed that mod pre-reset and during the reset, did not want to add it back then as we wanted to see how it would work out without it first. We will now discuss again on wether to add it or not.

• I'd find it questionable to add such a mod now at this stage, as Extinction is said to have something with basically exactly that feature coming, unless they change their mind. So on release of extinction one would either have 2 different ways of storing dinos, or one had to remove the mod, effectively destroying all stored dino at that point for everybody who misses that announcement.

After all, the tame limit never really restricted the gameplay too much I feel, ofc in the beginning there are lots to tame, but there's also lots to wipe..

• Thats just not true, the ones introduced will have decay, probably like the fishing baskets. If thats true they might have similiar timers of a couple of hours, making them useless for storage and only useful for transport.

• The question is which tames you would really store in those "soul trappers"?

Because without a kibble cooker people still need alot of tames "out in the open" so to speak to lay eggs. And I don't think tames will get XP when inside those storages. Nor will they produce things like cementing paste, oil, fertilizer or polymer at least I guess so because nothing in the mod description says they do.

So basically you would only store anything that is max level or does not need XP or things you want to take with you, like a harvesting dino when you would otherwise carry it with a Wyvern or a flyer when you went to a cave and don't want them sitting outside.

Breedlines could also be stored because you'd only need them when you mate them. That is the main point the mod has imo since mating timers are going down when tames are stored. But once your line is "finished" you only keep you highest breeding pairs anyway right? So the number of tames to store is only high while you build up your breeding line or not?

Do you guys see any other viable options where storing does not leave you with a disadvantage compared to not storing? Maybe I am just not seeing the huge numbers of tames people would store with this mod.

• Thats just not true, the ones introduced will have decay, probably like the fishing baskets. If thats true they might have similiar timers of a couple of hours, making them useless for storage and only useful for transport.

True, that might be. I thought of the timer more to be something like a month or so. That ofc fully depends on how they actually implement it. Still, personally, I would wait with such a decision until we know more about the system to come.

___

Also, what Passionate said. Having storage for dinos wouldn't really change much. I mean, if you would really care about keeping the limit low for yourself, you would up- and download dinos to other servers. Of course, as for now, most people don't have a transmitter yet, thus not wanting to bring much over, which keeps the server temporarily more filled than needed. But in the long run, the only real solution is for people to accept that Rag is the most played server, and that if they want to keep their dinos and rather high tribe cap, they need to move stuff to different servers in the cluster. Same as pre-relaunch. Everything else would just shift the problem to a different date, as you could see with every increase in the tame limit.

• Do you guys see any other viable options where storing does not leave you with a disadvantage compared to not storing? Maybe I am just not seeing the huge numbers of tames people would store with this mod.

ofc I can't speak for everyone, but my dino count would drop from currently 92 to probably 10ish.

What you can store:

- Bossrexes (huge slot eater)

- all breeders (and as I can tell you from experience even having "only" a pair of the maxed dino results in huge numbers, as breeders will try to breed every dino in the game)

- farmdinos (you only need them when you go farming anyways)

So yeah, the only dinos that make sense staying outside are the ones you use for kibble farming. Which you honestly do not need. Just contact any breeder and they will have like 500 of each egg in their fridge thanks to the s+ item collector

• True, that might be. I thought of the timer more to be something like a month or so. That ofc fully depends on how they actually implement it. Still, personally, I would wait with such a decision until we know more about the system to come.

I highly doubt it will be high. Probably not as low as a fishing basket, but probably around 1, mabye 2 days.

• Is this been brought up as Ragnarok is at tame limit? I haven't played on Rag yet (was waiting to setup a base until I get my base finished on The Island). I May delay setting this up if tame limit has been reached.

Regards,

- Chris

• Is this been brought up as Ragnarok is at tame limit? I haven't played on Rag yet (was waiting to setup a base until I get my base finished on The Island). I May delay setting this up if tame limit has been reached.

Regards,

- Chris

Before relaunch, ragnarok reached its limit like every weekend. This is nothing permanent, but nothing which will be solved in some form either.

• Most of my extra tames are for kibble purposes only. Nothing crazy but a male and female of most types for extra egg production. The tame rate is nice because you can still get max tamed dinos by using only mutton. That being said the only purpose for kibble for my needs are imprinting only. Kibble table or S+ nanny would eliminate the need for the extra tames.

• I agree, still would prefer having a kibble cooker again. I mean it was said that the idea is to get some kibble economy going, but let's be realistic, at least for imprinting kibbles, every active player will tame some dinos of those, instead of being forced to buy of other people all the time.

That being said, Ragnarok has 190 logged tribes in the last 7 days (so which are not wiped). On a server cap of 5k, that's 26 tames per tribe. So before some people again suggest lowering the tribe tame limit.. let that sink in ;)

• I think a Kibble cooker or S+ Nanny will be ideal, My tribe would drop more than half of our tames with having one of them on the server.

• if you just have 1 male and 1 female for like 2 weeks you would have more kibble then you could ever use

And most people won't care about this - or do you really believe that? :P They wouldn't bother killing them off later on. Also, new people all the time needing new kibbles, taming new stuff again.

As for the Nanny, that thing's OP, don't want that.

But for the Kibble Cooker - I don't see a reason not to have it. The idea of having a kibble economy clearly doesn't work out, and the kibble cooker mod doesn't increase the server load nor save game size by anything at all really.

• As for the Nanny, that thing's OP, don't want that.

Is it really that OP? It still needs the kibble/milk for the imprint and you have to manually activate it. It just speeds up the imprint process or not?

And to be honest I would love to have it on the cluster. Because spending 9 hours for each tame you want to imprint (if you don't imprint more then one at the same time) for me is only possible on weekends when I got nothing else to do. Sure you don't need to sit at the PC the whole time but you are bound to be close to your PC for about 9 hours for the 100% imprint and that is ALOT of time for each imprint.

Would be awesome to be able to imprint faster so I could do it after work for example or after I watched a movie in the cinema with a friend and I come home and have like only 4 h left before needing some sleep. It would really help all players that can't spend 9-10 hours in ARK regulary.