Important: Ghost Coin changes

Our PvP rules changed with the wipe, please make sure to read them thoroughly.

Added: Tribe names have to be identical on all servers in the cluster.
Added: Each tribe can define one ORP location per server.

Changed: When logging out with active PvP-Cooldown the ORP-timer is 45 minutes
Changed: Ragnarok/Valguero: Building around the wyvern trench or in the wyvern cave is not permitted.

Removed: Teaming is forbidden in all raid activities.
Removed: Raid protection is only granted if your main base got raided.
  • Hello survivors,

today we like to share some information regarding the upcoming and already mentioned Ghost Coin changes. Let's go straight to it:

• Starting early June, you will only receive 1 Coin per Vote (instead of 3 per Vote like at the moment).*
    • Also starting at the same time, you will be able to vote on up to 10 voting links on different toplists (all links that give Coins will always be in the right sidebar of the forums).*
    • We are introducing a new top voter reward for the 3 top voters:
      • 1st = Ascendant blueprint of your choice.
      • 2nd = Mastercraft blueprint of cour choice.
      • 3rd = Journeyman blueprint of your choice.
    • In case of several people with the same amount of votes, we will draw the "winners".
    • Voting Rewards will be updated with new prizes.
    • PvE Voting Rewards will be given out starting at 1. July.

*These changes will happen at the same time, but we will need to re-work our backend for this a little bit to reflect additional APIs from multiple toplists. Therefore we cannot say exactly when we will finish this work. Our girls are working on it already and we are trying to finish this ASAP ;)

These changes will also help us to improve the server promotion as ark-servers.net has limitations for big server networks for a few months now.

The Ghost Division Team

• I like the idea however...

Please don't spawn in insanely OP blueprints for the winners.

Make them compared to blueprints you can receive from drops and not freaking 180 armor saddle blueprints like pre-wipe.

It'll ruin everything.

• If like 3 people are #1 voter, and you are one of them but loses, do you get something else in return?(like second place reward)

If for example 5 people have all the same votes, then all three winners will be drawn from them.

• I like the idea however...

Please don't spawn in insanely OP blueprints for the winners.

Make them compared to blueprints you can receive from drops and not freaking 180 armor saddle blueprints like pre-wipe.

They will have the same values like the ones you can get by playing. You just have the unique possibility to get a ascendant BP of your choice, which is pretty strong already. But 12 of those BP per year are fine.

• They will have the same values like the ones you can get by playing. You just have the unique possibility to get a ascedant BP of your choice, which is pretty strong already. But 12 of those BP per year are fine.

Yeah then all good aslong as they have the same values it's a great idea.

Oh also, will the current coins be reset or will we keep them?

• Yeah then all good aslong as they have the same values it's a great idea.

Oh also, will the current coins be reset or will we keep them?

If so, you can be sure that I would have mentioned it :D

So the answer is No, the coins will not be resetted!

We were thinking about a possibility to reset coins and re-pay the May, but this would be unfair for all our strongest supporters. So we decided not to reset.

• If so, you can be sure that I would have mentioned it :D

So the answer is No, the coins will not be resetted!

We were thinking about a possibility to reset coins and re-pay the May, but this would be unfair for all our strongest supporters. So we decided not to reset.

There's no like button so thumbs up.

great changes

• "Ascendant blueprint of your choice."

This is way to op. Either exclude certain BPs, announce them yourself beforehand or think of some other kind of reward. Like a set of different ascendant items. Handing out unlimited crafted 170+ armor saddles for Golems Stegos etc to alpha tribes is just completely broken balance wise. BPs differ greatly in value and to get something you actually want is extremely rare. You are basically handing out a hundred to a thousand red nodes to the winner every month and alpha tribes with the means will abuse this system with automation and numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I really would enjoy running around with 400%+ ascendent flamethrowers without having to fear loss and I might happily run my scripts to abuse any timezone loophole in existence to get the maximum possible amount of coins every month. It is just not favorable to give out these kind of things.

We already have/had a really big unspoken problem with the Ghost Coin dino breeds having unrealistic high hp/melee rolls, because you basically got 10-20x perfect tames instead of 1x and we all looked away because we profited of this system ourselves. Without removing the human factor in these reward systems I dont see those problems going away either so maybe its time we start to talk about them and think of something more balanced and not heavily favoring alphas.

If you are reading this and thinking it is not that bad you are most likely one of the people who never cloned ghost coin Golems (with 301 unspent levels available after cloning) for 100 something element only to now be able to equip a 170+ armor saddle each. And you can basically reach this stage after a month now.

Now go spam away your "lol, like :love: great support omg best server" messages and mess up this topic so the team can silently ignore everything i just said and has to wipe up the ticket tears when your 40tame 1turret base gets rekt by bored alphas stomping through your shit with 550 armor flak and 415% weapons.

:/:cursing:

EDIT: i hate having to be this guy everytime, but somebody gotta do it.

• You're on about pvp, I play pve and its fine for pve therefor my support and why I liked it.

• Like momo I'm a PvE player, and I like the changes. Tho I'm still interested for what we'll be able to use GC in the future.

Now go spam away your "lol, like :love: great support omg best server" messages and mess up this topic so the team can silently ignore everything i just said and has to wipe up the ticket tears when your 40tame 1turret base gets rekt by bored alphas stomping through your shit with 550 armor flak and 415% weapons.

:/:cursing:

That was unnecessary, just makes you seem like a person who can't accept different opinions.

• Like momo I'm a PvE player, and I like the changes. Tho I'm still interested for what we'll be able to use GC in the future.

That was unnecessary, just makes you seem like a person who can't accept different opinions.

Opinions? You mistake a like button translated to text with the option to voice your opinion. I admit i was a little heated while writing it because it is so obviously not thought through. Like Kogadins had a showerthought and the whole team just nodded their head. (Yeah no need to pin me on that, and no need to explain to me how valuable the team is, I know.)

Now if you want to contribute to the discussion, sure go ahead. I will listen and take my time to understand and evaluate you contribution. If you want +1 please refrain from doing so in text and taking the actual discussion to the abyss with it.

As with every topic, officials feel less need to explain or discuss their decision if enough bloat and spam make voices unheard.

Hate to be that guy, sorry.

• And again, that's for you as PvP player to express. I don't really care about the PvP servers because I don't play there.

If I like the change and post it thats up to me you can't tell me not to express how I feel about the changes I don't have to write down a entire paragraph of opinions to express that I like or dislike it.

• There is neither need nor obligation to discuss their decision in first place, it's still their servers. There's a difference between constructure criticism and basically just flaming them. Someone who oh-so-values his own opinion to be heard should be aware of that. While I agree with you that this probably leads to problems on pvp, there are more respectful and adult ways of stating your opinion.

We could of course keep on discussing your behavior, but that would most probably lead to what you don't want - this thread being closed. ;)

• If I like the change and post it thats up to me you can't tell me not to express how I feel about the changes I don't have to write down a entire paragraph of opinions to express that I like or dislike it.

Well if you dislike something, yes please do. Try to convince us why you dislike changes and explain to us what we fail to see.

If you agree with OP just stay silent, we had a like button for agreement back then but its gone without replacement now i guess. Either way, even if this decision was made via democratic vote, we can do this in the end. Please give me room to express my concern and dont make my voice vanish between pointless affirmation.

It sure is partially my fault because i did not make it clear i was talking about PVP only. I agree this is a perfectly fine voting reward for PVE. (Flamethrowers for everyone!)

EDIT: If i wrote in german, i would be a lot better at not sounding condescending or arrogant. It sometimes is hard to find balance between proper english and using words in wrong context. Just give me a little slack and don't assume im just here to vent my rage. I am roughly even playing and my whole concern goes to the longlivety of this project. Lets forget about my wrongdoings for now and try to figure out proper PVP rewards for voting and also if PVP/PVE rewards should compete with each other.

• Pointless affirmation? And if we agree just stay silent? That's an interesting way to produce a distorted view on a discussion or overall feedback. Interestingly enough to see a combination of "Please give me room to express [...]" and "If you agree just say silent". Especially with, well, debatable contributional value on significant parts of your posts ;) - Now, I think it should go back to topic.