PvE Cluster Relaunch Details

• Whats better than starting all over again, specially on the server you like :D

I know haha, it was not as serious as it appeared :P

But i just cant wait for more servers to be added for real!

No, never.

If they do this 90 percent of the playerbase will quit, including me.

And I'd be very dissapointed in the trust I've put into the owners and would regret donating to the project aswell.

• So is tame cap, unfortunately.

At least for newer players.

It's been like that for years, there's not a quick solution.

People have to live with it, play on a different server than Ragnarok.

And if you think that other communities are doing better, trust me they're not.

They sacrifice performance to gain a higher tamecap.

• It's been like that for years, there's not a quick solution.

People have to live with it, play on a different server than Ragnarok.

And if you think that other communities are doing better, trust me they're not.

They sacrifice performance to gain a higher tamecap.

Increasing the tame cap is not a solution. I completely agree.
    As for communities doing better, I might disagree.
    I've seen this happen to most rag servers on official:

-Server Hits Tame Cap
    -Newer Tribes move somewhere else to different map. New tribes/players stop joining or quit after figuring out no more tames.
    -10-15 players periodically log on to moderate their dinos on Ragnarok from large tribes, and the server becomes a graveyard otherwise.

I'm really enjoying Ghost Division so far and honestly couldn't hope more that this doesn't happen.
    The Kibble enhancement mods would probably help a little, but it may just be that we need a second Ragnarok server.
    I honestly can't think of other solutions at this time.

• Server lacks donations in order to have more servers available.

As of what I remember, Calaban (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Has spent nearly 30,000 euro's on the project so far and only received around 3,000 euros in donations.

That's a insane amount, with a huge lack of support from its own community it's also one of the reasons PvP got shut down, PvP required alot of work and there were barely any donators in the pvp community.

PvE has several donators that contribute and require less work thats why its still running.

Adding another server increases the server costs again, which Calaban has to pay out of his own pocket.

I don't see this as a option, he has already done so much for us.

There has to be a solution for the tamecap, I totally agree however it's very difficult to figure out what a proper solution is that everyone can live with and doesn't restrict the players even more. If you do however have an idea feel free to mention it to Kogadins or Calaban they'll know whats best.

• A new rag server would just shift the problem as well. It is a fact that you can't handle an arbitrary amount of players, period. While there are perhaps solutions to be able to manage some more players without costs in performance, they still are limited.

And since I'm lazy, I just copy paste what I wrote on disc:

it's the same as always, the only solution is awareness of the players, and resignation to the fact that a server can only handle a set amount of players. Currently, the tame count of every server is rising, Island is at 3.6k or so right now and will definitely hit the cap in future. And when all servers cap out that shows that the load of players is too high for the servers. Harsh as it sounds, but losing players then would be a good thing. A second Rag basically would be like an increase of tamecap. Losing performance only to shift the problem. Which then will result in the same thing as pre relaunch. Lags, Rubberbanding, and still having the server capped.

• Controversial proposal from someone who has only been on the server a month - what is the per-tribe tame limit? Can this be lowered to prevent the mega-tribes from hogging all the tame spots? I'm not sure on the actual data of course - i.e. is the issue that we have 50 mega tribes that all have a huge amount of tames or is the issue that we have that many tribes that a per tribe limit wouldn't help. Of course people always can always get around tame limits through alliances and such but those extra layers of protection may reduce overall tame count.

• Controversial proposal from someone who has only been on the server a month - what is the per-tribe tame limit? Can this be lowered to prevent the mega-tribes from hogging all the tame spots? I'm not sure on the actual data of course - i.e. is the issue that we have 50 mega tribes that all have a huge amount of tames or is the issue that we have that many tribes that a per tribe limit wouldn't help. Of course people always can always get around tame limits through alliances and such but those extra layers of protection may reduce overall tame count.

Currently there are 10 tribes having 100+ dinos (106. 107, 118, 110, 135, 146, 101, 128, 100, 141). The issue are people that tame 1, 2, or 10 low level dinos and never come back, still we have to wait 7 days to wipe them.

Take a look at battlemetrics. Ragnarok alone has roughly 170-200 different players each day, 10-20 of them being new.