Important PvE Announcement

• I haven't been apart of the community for that long and I am one of the people that is already bored.

The amount of stuff that was gifted to me when I started ruined the gameplay and game progress.

Nothing felt like I've achieved something, I'm personally glad this is happening however I do understand that some people might not feel the same way.

Thanks for finally releasing the long awaited changes Kogadins.

• No thanks, after breeding and hording BPs for ovber a year now I surely will not restart. Maybe it is just time to look in another direction, there are plenty of good games out there. But thank you for the past year, we had a lot of fun with your servers. Kinda hurts to lose it all now :-(

€dit: Momo, that is why we never took anything from anyone, all our creature's stats are self-tamed and all our BPs and equip is farmed! After the wipe it will take no longer than 4 weeks and you can ruin your game experience again by taking everything anyone has to offer...

• Hello Kogadins,

i appreciate very much that you took option two. This will become a very long thread again, with lots of opinions.

As a longtime player who worked quite a long time and very hard to get most tek-engrams solo and to breed most of the dinos solo, i'm mostly worried about my engrams and my breds.

So, the question, will they remain?

The rest will be a welcome surprise to me i guess.

With kind regards,

blob

• Hey Blob,

yes probably a lot of people will reply, but thats totally fine. I accept every opinion, but it will in fact not change our decision that was made. We've come to an point where we had to decide about the future concept and thats what we've made.

We will release very detailed list of changes to be coming + exact relaunch date later today or tomorrow. We've been testing many many things the last 2 weeks and we are excited to share all this very soon.

Sadly, you will lose you levels, dinos and tek-engrams with this changes too. Sorry :(

• :thumbdown: when i thought i found a good server to play on , spent nights finding bps voting buying stuff building ....

Hey vas,

I can understand your frustration. I guess it was bad timing somehow. Just to be clear: This is the first wipe within the last 2 years and we will keep servers up as long as possible without wipes after it. So I'm inviting you to give it a try after the relaunch.

• Hey vas,

I can understand your frustration. I guess it was bad timing somehow. Just to be clear: This is the first wipe within the last 2 years and we will keep servers up as long as possible without wipes after it. So I'm inviting you to give it a try after the relaunch.

well i will i think there's a good community around so that's a hard thing to find just frustrated as you said

• Thanks for the answer, Kogadins.

One more question: Would it be possible for you to share the savegames so i can try to import it into a singleplayer game?

Btw, I've played over 2000 hours on this cluster (with a break). But about 1000 hours will be lost here, and to be able to continue some stuff in singleplayer would be nice, and wouldn't make it feel like a complete waste of time (at least the breeding, because breeding isn't sooo much fun...)

• Looking forward to further news on this. I have quite enjoyed my 500 hours on this server cluster but was running against the same problems as others at that level (primarily the event dino problem). A reset is harsh, but I think it will be for the best.

• Thanks for the answer, Kogadins.

One more question: Would it be possible for you to share the savegames so i can try to import it into a singleplayer game?

Btw, I've played over 2000 hours on this cluster (with a break). But about 1000 hours will be lost here, and to be able to continue some stuff in singleplayer would be nice, and wouldn't make it feel like a complete waste of time (at least the breeding, because breeding isn't sooo much fun...)

We are thinking of sharing the savegame, but we won't do so right after relaunch, because last time someone used our old savegame host his own server with it. I guess it was the Funserver or so.

• ;-; If people are bored and missing "goals" why don't they just reset themselves? why does everyone have to be reset. i'm probably gonna quit tbh after "relaunch" because theres not really a point in starting again.

• I dont think its the right desicion to do a reset because the one who complained about it will get bored pretty fast again and then they quit anyways

and from my side iam on the servers for only about 2 weeks and think it is completely useless

but i cant say anything against it so the only thing is to leave or accept it and i wont risk putting time in the servers and the lose it again so for me its going to be option 1

• ;-; If people are bored and missing "goals" why don't they just reset themselves? why does everyone have to be reset. i'm probably gonna quit tbh after "relaunch" because theres not really a point in starting again.

Hey JourneyPlayz,

we are not willing to pay for servers that people only use to flame or being bored. Therefore, as mentioned in the text above, we decided between Shutdown or Wipe. We decided for the second option, because we want to keep offering a good game experience to our players. I can understand all your frustration and I would be frustrated too if I would be in your situation. But I ask you to see this from our view too.

We are not going to shutdown soon. Ghost Division will keep being online for many many months and probably years. As mentioned in an other comment, it's our first wipe in two years. You will hardly find any other server with that amount of wipe-free uptime. And in addition, we are not selling ingame items for $$ like others do. We don't sell items for real cash we will never do so. Unlike other projects, we are not dependent on donations. So the risk of a sudden shutdown of Ghost Division is near 0.

I'm inviting you to give it a try and test it. I can promise you that this wipe is a one-time thing.

• Thank's for you reply, i'm just not sure how a wipe will help the bored players. they are obviously bored of ark. where they either need to take a break, go on a different map. or find some mod that changes ark completly.

• Hi Koga,

ich hab gemischte Gefühle diesbezüglich... Klar müsst ihr was machen, und ich werde (wenn ich bei ARK bleibe) weiterhin bei euch spielen weil es einfach so ein gutes und langlebiges Konzept ist ;) (ich hab bei Server Tag 900 circa aufgehört mit ARK und bin aufm gleichen Server mit meinem alten Char bei Tag 7500 wieder eingestiegen ^^^^)

Nur muss ich Vas recht geben und bitte euch recht zeitnah einen Termin für die Umsetzung zu finden, da jeder weitere Aufwand für die Katz ist wenn man nix retten kann :/

Weiterhin viel Erfolg und danke für Ghost Division und an alle die daran Arbeiten

////////////////////////////////

Hi Koga,

I have mixed feelings about this ... Sure, you have to do something, and I will continue to play with you (if I stay with ARK) because it's just such a good and durable concept (I stopped about server Day 900 with ARK and continued on the same server with my old char on day 7500 ^^)

I have to agree to Vas and please you quite timely to find an appointment for the implementation, as each additional effort is senseless if you can´t save anything

Good luck and thanks for Ghost Division and everyone who works on it

I hope the community will stay together for another 2 years of playing on the PVE Cluster :):):thumbup: