Important: Player survey

• Hello survivors,

as many of you probably already noticed, ark-servers.net changed their Terms of Service and are only showing two of our servers from now on. We think that this could potentially cause a major player count drop over the coming days and weeks. Therefore we would like to know how you found the Ghost Division servers.

We are happy about all answers.

Thanks,

The Ghost Division Team

• I looked at the list on ark-servers.net (and many other server lists) to find a sever with a stable player count and not too high rates.

• Only showing two of our servers from now on.

False? It will show them all, but people can only vote for two of them. If anything, it will lead to the two servers at the top of your "Voting links" list getting a whole bunch of votes while the other ones fade away into the dark abyss that is also known as page two.

I guess you could encourage people to vote for the servers that they play on instead of all of them. Or you could strategically change the order of the voting links list, in order to balance the votes out, or possibly focus all votes on the more/the less popular servers.

Edit: In order to properly answer the thread, I myself found the server after sorting by amount of players inside the ark client. Unfortunately I had issues connecting, and could for some reason never find it again, I had forgotten the name, but found it again by looking at the top of the ark-servers.net list.

• False? It will show them all, but people can only vote for two of them. If anything, it will lead to the two servers at the top of your "Voting links" list getting a whole bunch of votes while the other ones fade away into the dark abyss that is also known as page two.

I guess you could encourage people to vote for the servers that they play on instead of all of them. Or you could strategically change the order of the voting links list, in order to balance the votes out, or possibly focus all votes on the more/the less popular servers.

Only two servers are getting points. Points are not the same like votes. You can still vote for all of the servers, but only two are getting points to be listed at the top. If you search for highest uptime now, you will also only find those two servers. Therefore 80% of our servers will now be ranked at the ending of the list, as they don't get any points, even if 2.000 people voted for it.

For us, this will mean a big players drop.

• Only two servers are getting points. Points are not the same like votes. You can still vote for all of the servers, but only two are getting points to be listed at the top. If you search for highest uptime now, you will also only find those two servers. Therefore 80% of our servers will now be ranked at the ending of the list, as they don't get any points, even if 2.000 people voted for it.

For us, this will mean a big players drop.

A tragedy for the server, but a blessing for me! Now I guess the days of waiting 30 minutes for a spot on Rag PVP is over.

But what decides which servers actually get the points? Are there now only two servers from the ghost-division network that can get points, or will the two servers that i vote for first get the points?

• A tragedy for the server, but a blessing for me! Now I guess the days of waiting 30 minutes for a spot on Rag PVP is over.

But what decides which servers actually get the points? Are there now only two servers from the ghost-division network that can get points, or will the two servers that i vote for first get the points?

The servers with the most votes will get coins. And trust me it's not a blessing for you when the servers will shutdown because it doesn't have enough players. We won't host servers and pay hundreds of euros for a very few players.

• Searched on google for Servers, found Arkservers.net and looked for Servers with S+ and higher Rates then Offical - this one seemed nice so i play here.

-----------------------------------

Why not just make a Banner for PVE and PVP, link one Server each and change description so people know its a cluster with 3 Maps.

• The servers with the most votes will get coins. And trust me it's not a blessing for you when the servers will shutdown because it doesn't have enough players. We won't host servers and pay hundreds of euros for a very few players.

Recruit A Friend system coming soon then? ^^

Hopefully you'll figure this out, and find some new methods to attract new players to the server!

• Searched on google for Servers, found Arkservers.net and looked for Servers with S+ and higher Rates then Offical - this one seemed nice so i play here.

-----------------------------------

Why not just make a Banner for PVE and PVP, link one Server each and change description so people know its a cluster with 3 Maps.

This is what we are currently working on. The problem is that only one IP is shown below the banners.

• i went on battlemetrics.com as always and looked for populated servers (i filtered for highest ranked(i think there is no voting for higher ranked its just based on amount of players) non-official servers with good ping)

• If you want to stay at ark-servers.net I would recommend that you advertise the PvP Ragnarok and the PvE Ragnarok and that you add the Word "Cluster" in the Banner or name of the servers, so everyone knows directly that there are more servers with cross-travel.

But when the new DLC Aberration comes out, it would be better to advertise them (PvP and PvE), so that more players get attantion of the Ghost-Divison-Community.

And when you klick on the server, they see the list of servers down below in the description.

Same

This is what we are currently working on. The problem is that only one IP is shown below the banners.

Are you allowed to post the links of the other servers in the description?

But when the new DLC Aberration comes out, it would be better to advertise them (PvP and PvE), so that more players get attantion of the Ghost-Divison-Community.

That's what I think too.

• If allowed, I'd think that it would be a good idea to put the IPs of the other Servers in the description. Since the ARK experience heavily changes depending on what mods are used, I guess most people take a look at the description to see the mod list. Also, drawing attention to the fact that the PvP / PvE Servers are in fact clusters will for sure be nice as well.

Personally, I googled for 'ARK Servers', looked at the first few links (of which ark-servers.net was the first), found these servers on the top there (while the other lists didn't have any appealing servers on top), and joined.

Why not be on multiple ARK server lists / voting sites though?

• The solution is really easy: Just put the Information from 11 Servers on 2 Banners.

I think 80-90% of the Players use Google and/or Ark-Servers (mostly due to google). Then everything they do is looking the first 3 pages for rates, player count and mods.

If everything is fine, just log in the Server. The next hours are critical; Now u look for support, lags and community. Again, if everything is fine, this is your new home ;)

I don't think Ghost Division will drop on Player survey.

And back to the question. I personally found the Servers like the 80-90% :D

Edited once, last by fireice: formatting ().

• Our new Ghost Division team song:

We are planning to add a Hotline for support with this song as waiting music.