Important Server Shutdown Information

• Hello survivors,

due to the coming release of the new ARK DLC, we decided to shutdown our Scorched Earth servers (PvP and PvE) by mid September (15. September).

Over the past weeks, Ragnarok has replaced the advantages of Scorched Earth and combined them with the normal maps. We are sorry for players who kept playing on Scorched Earth, but as we move on to the new DLC, we need to get new ressources to host the new DLC too.

If you still have dinos and items on Scorched Earth, you will be able to transfer them to another server inside the cluster before we shutdown the server on 15. September.

Thanks for your understanding,

The Ghost Division Team

• That is too bad, i liked Scorched a lot. But i was ready for something new to be honest so Ragnarok might be just the thing.

Will there be a Ragnarok server in the low rates cluster?

I dont think theres really any point in opening another low rates map, they have even less players than scorched.

There will be another announcement regarding the Low Rate servers soon too.

• There will be another announcement regarding the Low Rate servers soon too.

If that announcement is regarding also shutting down the only other server in our cluster besides Scorched earth then we won't be able to move our stuff out!

Should i stop trying to get level 210 rexes now?

This sounds sounds very demotivating Kogadins. Please provide clarity soon.

• If that announcement is regarding also shutting down the only other server in our cluster besides Scorched earth then we won't be able to move our stuff out!

Should i stop trying to get level 210 rexes now?

This sounds sounds very demotivating Kogadins. Please provide clarity soon.

I will post the announcement tomorrow.

• But there are no BP's yet in any drops as the SE-Content only drops on SE. And there is no possibilty to do the Manticore anymore. And you cannot experience the full story of ARK due to the missing Explorer Notes (OK, that is a weak point xD )

• But there are no BP's yet in any drops as the SE-Content only drops on SE. And there is no possibilty to do the Manticore anymore. And you cannot experience the full story of ARK due to the missing Explorer Notes (OK, that is a weak point xD )

At this point, I'd like to take the time and explain why we decided how we did:

First of all, it's obvious that the players want the new DLC as soon as possible after it's available. Knowing this plus the background information that our PvE Cluster and our PvP Cluster are at its limits for quite a while already (4 Servers on only 1 machine), there is no other solution than removing one server. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to host the new DLC inside our clusters. They need to be on the same machine to ensure that clustering is working correctly. YES, there is the ability to use cloud hosting or network drives for the cluster files, BUT in case there is an outage (always possible), players would lose tons of stuff that cannot be replaced. Just remember the AWS (Amazon Web Services) drama when AWS went down and thousands of players lost their chars and stuff on officials. Therefore this is no option for us, and underline one server must go.

Now we had to decide which server: We checked active player amounts for the past weeks and for both (PvP and PvE), Scorched Earth had far less players than the others had. We know about the consequences of this step, but when looking on active players and costs (150€ / month each machine), this is the right step from our view.

• I totally understand the decision, you cannot win in such a case, there are always pros and cons. I will miss SE much, I am not playing there with my base but we are using it for all the SE stuff. You should definitivly make sure we can get all that stuff on Ragnarok or, better, on all servers (I'm talking about items and BPs right now). And you need to make sure that we can tame all the SE stuff on Ragnarok (don't now the current situation, but there were a lot of problems with the servers's tame limit).

Another question: Will you disable item and dino download on the new server? That way we cannot bring anything with us but take everything back to the old servers. I kind of liked the idea to play those addons like they are meant to be played. You could open the transfer later, just as you did with SE.

• I totally understand the decision, you cannot win in such a case, there are always pros and cons. I will miss SE much, I am not playing there with my base but we are using it for all the SE stuff. You should definitivly make sure we can get all that stuff on Ragnarok or, better, on all servers (I'm talking about items and BPs right now). And you need to make sure that we can tame all the SE stuff on Ragnarok (don't now the current situation, but there were a lot of problems with the servers's tame limit).

Another question: Will you disable item and dino download on the new server? That way we cannot bring anything with us but take everything back to the old servers. I kind of liked the idea to play those addons like they are meant to be played. You could open the transfer later, just as you did with SE.

Yes for the new DLC, we will enable restricted transfer again.

Got some SE blueprints on Ragnarok too I think. Manticore is included in the Ragnarok Guardians.

• Hello :) my only thoughts on the matter are it will be a huge deal with this new dlc map, most likely a lot of the community myself included will want to play on the new dlc my question is for x20 will you have more then one map world open as to help the influx of people?

and taking down se makes since to me only regret not being able to get the se exclusive dinos maybe make it available to buy them with ghost coins with adim commands if the player is on Ragnarok? :)

Sincerely,

Anubis

• Hello :) my only thoughts on the matter are it will be a huge deal with this new dlc map, most likely a lot of the community myself included will want to play on the new dlc my question is for x20 will you have more then one map world open as to help the influx of people?

and taking down se makes since to me only regret not being able to get the se exclusive dinos maybe make it available to buy them with ghost coins with adim commands if the player is on Ragnarok? :)

Sincerely,

Anubis

Just tame them on Ragnarok?