This is not a cry post. With this post i want the owner/admin of the server to realize what is happening

• I understand your policy of not wanting to give an orp for this server but by doing so you will lose your whole community on scorched earth. Many, many people are leaving cause as soon as you gather something (talking about a starting tribe) the big tribes wait for you to go offline to raid you and kill passive dinos in the process. I understand raiding in order to get stuff, but killing passive dinos and destroy unlocked stuff is not ok. Is it funny to rebuild 100 times from scratch whenever you log off? I did need 2 full days to build a base with a decent amount of turrets and did nothing else other than boring farming just to be raided again from a big tribe the moment i went offline for 1 hour to rest a bit (yes, i did go offline for 1 hour in order to rest and half an hour later my friend calls me to tell me that a big tribe is raiding again. At that point i didnt even reconnect since it makes no sense anymore). Those same people will make fun of me and make fun of this post but i do this not cause i am angry, i do this to make you, Admin and Owners, see what is happening in this server cause you probably dont know or dont realize and i hope for a change. It is not possible to do anything and it sure is not funny that these things keep on repeating. This is what i saw in 2 weeks of experience in your server from the perspective of every tribe i talked to: you start over, spend all your time farming for the base, get a decent defense in the time you have in order to defend yourself against tribes of your same size and then the moment you go to rest a big tribe raids you right away destroying and killing everything. I can understand the principle of raiding to get my stuff, but the way all big tribes behave right now is just to wipe everyone else who starts remotely to build something just to keep control of the server. I appreciate the way you support and the way you follow your servers and this is the reason of this post, out of appreciation for the server, but eventually you will lose your Scorched Earth community and the only one playing will be those big tribes. Think about it please. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

• Hey, thanks for your opinion. Well the thing is, SE was planned of WC to be harder than the other maps. Dinos u can't tame (you have to steal eggs in a dangerous place and need milk to raise it), weather incidents, almost no water and so on. Either it was not planned as standalone map, they wanted to connect with the other maps and travelling (Cross ARK travelling). So we decided to follow their wishes and hardend it up with no ORP on it. I understand your problem with big tribes, but as you see we don't want to set up too many rules, so we don't have a rule to prevent big tribes raid smaller ones. We know its not really fair but its PvP. If they annoy u, team up together, build a base and raid them. Every base is raidable, all you need is time. And they are offline to once a day ;).

I'm sorry but the ORP still misses on the SE server and so it will in future times. Just defend better, team up, raise your head an go f**k them! :D

U can do it!

• The fact is: we are human. To raid such bases big bases you need specific things that needs time, and even so, you may just be able to break through something that they can rebuild in seconds. Thanks for the answer and for the interest, even though SE will be impossible to play i'll definetely stay in this server and vote for it.

• I understand your policy of not wanting to give an orp for this server but by doing so you will lose your whole community on scorched earth.

Not speaking on behalf of the admins/owners, obviously, but a little insight from a player who spent the most on besaid server. Since it is a moderated forum I hope you see it as a chance to have proper discussion.

First of all, you're mistaken and probably the 20th person saying that, and the server is doing better than ever. Nobody, especially us, have changed their style of gameplay and behaviour, respectively. We started playing when there were 0-6 people online a day, now it is way over 20, up to 40 on weekends.

You got somewhat of a point that not a lot of people stay, but that are usually people who build nothing but a little 2*2 hut and then move on anyways, and wouldn't have stayed in the first place.

Many, many people are leaving cause as soon as you gather something (talking about a starting tribe) the big tribes wait for you to go offline to raid you and kill passive dinos in the process. I understand raiding in order to get stuff, but killing passive dinos and destroy unlocked stuff is not ok.

It is not just the big tribes. Pretty much everyone does it, just on a smaller scale that you don't notice. The main reason for it is that people don't, well, can't drop their stuff which has sadly become a common thing when the victim of a raid realizes that they'll lose soon.

Abusing the ORP on the two main servers is against the rules, so people do enjoy that given freedom on SE which is the standard for any official server by the way.

As already explained the other day, passives are often used as storage for items and ofc they may have a good/epic saddle. Protecting passives by server rules would do nothing but people putting their most valueable loot in them to make it untouchable. The owners/admins are aware of that and therefore that rule has been removed several months ago.

Also, why don't you build a house for your animals that is separately secured? People build Wyvern houses for a reason.

If you have anyone destroying unlocked stuff on purpose you have the support forum to bewail it and ask for justice after providing evidence. It is then up to the attacker to prove their innocence or provide an explanation how it happened (e.g. collateral damage of an explosion due to a looked object being next to an unlocked one).

See screen LIF as an example. Not everything is/was unlocked as claimed (by people on chat) and since the rest of the base was built out of adobe it took splash damage thus getting destroyed. That's a flaw by the builder, no the attacker.

Is it funny to rebuild 100 times from scratch whenever you log off?

Despite being a rhetorical question; certainly not, which is why experience players only log off after reaching a certain point of security and go on from there until they've reached a respectable size and are at a point where having Wyverns etc. actually makes sense.
    You've logged off at the wrong time when business wasn't done at all and you were an easy target. See screen FBOB as an example.

The base was completely open; missing gate, missing walls, missing ceilings, dead angles (turrets were not able to shoot at), missing turrets, badly placed turrets (e.g. placed on ceilings, when it comes to the towers, or blocked by other objects such as the water tanks on the roof - they are great cover for any attacker), turrets in storage boxes and not placed where they serve a purpose (e.g. around the water tanks to make them not usable for cover), metal and gunpowder left, not used up to craft bullets, visible cables on the ground (easy to destroy with a sword), no backup generator, no emergency power grid... just to name a few flaws.
    Also, you've built your base on one of the rock pillars... bad site since you can be attacked from all sides; left, right, front, back, above and below. You had one side covered at one point, which still leaves 5 more weak points. How is that a "decent" defense? It is not.

It is not possible to do anything

Not true. A lot of other tribes are and were able to obtain a good base within 1-2 days like Dodo Descendants, Ball Fondlers, E-Force, Popopiraten and Scavengers (or similar) and are still alive because they approached right. Some time ago we had Green Expedition, Bawnawna, Eulalia who had a big base. Before your time there were tribes such as Dragon Stone, TurboYouth, Dune, Police Squad, Exyzt, Baum, HunzerZ and even more, smaller tribes like Dust Devils, Castle Black and Swiss. Most suffered from the same mistake though; wanting too much before the foundation for the basic things was completed. Some did it right and just lost, but that's PvP and not different from any other PvP server.

I did need 2 full days to build a base with a decent amount of turrets

Surprisingly it wasn't me, but long story short, you had something like 20 turrets all facing one or two sides. Sorry, but that's just crap. As mentioned before you still have 4 more sides to cover that were not covered at all, so, no wonder you got raided (again). And no offense, but if it really takes you 2 days to build 20 turrets then you haven't grasp the game mechanics because it takes others about 20 minutes to craft that "many" turrets. You have to do something very wrong to be that slow.

and did nothing else other than boring farmin

Welcome to Ark. Do you think we don't farm e.g. wood for 3-4 hrs straight?

I can understand the principle of raiding to get my stuff

Then don't have any? Ever got the idea to leave all of your cabinets/boxes/smithy etc. unlocked and drop any leftovers before logging off? Or move them to one of the other servers?

The "secret" of not getting raided is to make yourself as unattractive as possible and an empty base can't be raided.

If you have some stuff then have a defense and setup that will cost any attacker way more resources and items than they can get out of your base, so it is always a big loss to attack you. That's pretty much it.

However you'll decide to go on, the best advice you can get, is from Vaas. :)

Cheers

• I wasnt talking about your raid Connor, your raid was totally fine and i didnt argue with that. I did the mistake of building too big too soon, didnt finish in time, i did lock things and that's why they got destroyed and i didnt take it too hard for losing everything. My fault, those screenshots happened 2/3 days ago, i learned from it and did rebuild from almost 0 again. I didnt stop playing till i got a smaller but compact base surrounded with 34 turrets and the moment i couldnt phisically do it anymore the "Ball Fondlers" (who has become, as connor once stated in the all chat, a big tribe) did raid me not even half an hour after my logging out. I know it was just a few minutes after since i had fresh baby Argentavis who just started eating from the Feeding through and in the log it says that "Ball Fondlers" killed juvenile Argentavis.

This is NOT about you, or your raid, so please dont post screenshots that have anything to do with this that could change the aspect of how actually things happened.

As i said, this is not a crying post, everyone raids offline, even i did raid offline when i saw a barely defended base (but i never wipe by destroyng unlocked stuff). The point is: there is no chance of growing in the server.

You, connor even helped me in the beginning and i even told you after your raid that i am still thankful for that, but there is no chance on growing. You guys (either you or others) are too big and dont let anyone get a chance to get to the point where the game stops being "Farm Farm Farm" and starts becoming fun where you start to tame your dinos and breed them.

We are like farm animals that at some point, when we are juicy enough to be worth it to raid us without any risk, you big tribes swoop in, get everything, break everything, kill everything and force us to start over.

Those who are tired of being your farm animals left the server in search for a new one.

I am happy that i did wait before voting the server cause despite the good work of the admins, this is not their server, this is your server Connor.

So enjoy it, i am happy that it is a popular one, the owner deserves it.

Thank you for your past support and still thank you for this server but i, like many before me, if my friends agree, stop spending our time here.

• The point is: there is no chance of growing in the server.

Screen, because it's just too funny imo. Not saying it was you but, oh well.

There is a 24 hr protection after a raid, but if you think that's too little then what's your personal suggestion/solution that might be taken into consideration by the owners?

I am happy that i did wait before voting the server cause despite the good work of the admins, this is not their server, this is your server Connor.

That's just ridiculous. I've got to follow the same rules as everyone else and would have to face (severe) consequences if breaking them. Also, I can die as easily as anyone else.

Anyways, as written above; tell us what's on your mind if you got an idea how to improve the server (for newbies).